GDT: Jackets @ Yotes | 10 PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Gudbranson is unhinged and is actively hurting the team with his quest for revenge

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Gudbranson is unhinged and is actively hurting the team with his quest for revenge
does it even matter? I'm not gonna chastise the guy for actually playing with emotion when this team needs more of it in general. I'm tired of other teams running over us and not fighting back.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Hurting the team is irrelevant. Showing emotion is better than whatever we've been watching the last few games
I’m fine with showing emotion, I am not fine with him running around like a maniac trying to fight the first person who says yes. He wasn’t even in position that whole shift. All because he felt like he got tripped two shifts ago?

We had a lead in the game and are just coming off two games where we got stapled to the wall in the second period, and Gudbranson, supposed to be one of the vets to show the way, has just helped make it three straight games in which we got stapled in our own end

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I’m fine with showing emotion, I am not fine with him running around like a maniac trying to fight the first person who says yes. He wasn’t even in position that whole shift. All because he felt like he got tripped?

We had a lead in the game and are just coming off two games where we got stapled to the wall in the second period, and Gudbranson, supposed to be one of the vets to show the way, has just helped make it three straight games in which we got stapled in our own end
He clearly got tripped. Not sure why fans take emotion out of sports. Easy to say ignore things when you've been getting caved in on a shit team with shit management and a shit coach. He wasnt looking for just anyone, he had a target but got Brown

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I’m fine with showing emotion, I am not fine with him running around like a maniac trying to fight the first person who says yes. He wasn’t even in position that whole shift. All because he felt like he got tripped two shifts ago?

They already had the lead after the BS slash penalty when he went hunting for a fight.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
He clearly got tripped. Not sure why fans take emotion out of sports. Easy to say ignore things when you've been getting caved in on a shit team with shit management and a shit coach. He wasnt looking for just anyone, he had a target but got Brown
Again, i like emotion. I applauded Gaudreau when he went after the refs in Detroit. But the game was already over and he couldn’t hurt the team in that instance

Gudbranson did. And considering Elvis got benched in January for attacking Tom Wilson, if we’re on even footing, Gudbranson should have repercussions as well

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Going to record the 3rd and watch in the morning. I was hoping the see more Malatesta but the 4th line is being so dominated I doubt they’ll see much time in the 3rd. Go Blue Jackets. Give me a good start to tomorrow morning when I tune in.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Again, i like emotion. I applauded Gaudreau when he went after the refs in Detroit. But the game was already over and he couldn’t hurt the team in that instance

Gudbranson did. And considering Elvis got benched in January for attacking Tom Wilson, if we’re on even footing, Gudbranson should have repercussions as well
If you asked the players do you think they'd agree? I dont think they would. Especially in another period with a pathetic 4 shots

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
If you asked the players do you think they'd agree? I dont think they would. Especially in another period with a pathetic 4 shots
Considering they made Elvis apologize after his Wilson outburst, you may be surprised

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

I swear someone was like "OMG Johnny better watch out or he'll get suspended like Torts for abuse of officials"

IF that were to happen he'd hurt the team for an entire game or 2.

In this instance, how often to teams use fights to try to swing momentum? Especially a period where we had none? How is that any different other than O'Brien was a wuss about it?

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I swear someone was like "OMG Johnny better watch out or he'll get suspended like Torts for abuse of officials"

IF that were to happen he'd hurt the team for an entire game or 2.

In this instance, how often to teams use fights to try to swing momentum? Especially a period where we had none? How is that any different other than O'Brien was a wuss about it?
I said he might get suspended for that. I was wrong

So he didn’t hurt his team. If he was suspended? Then yeah, I see that argument. But he wasn’t.

The difference was Gudbranson got hot headed and took a penalty in which the coyotes tied the game on. Then he got out of the box and decided to run around and not even play his position. The fight self didn’t hurt the team, obviously, but the lead up to it did.

This is being way more into a bigger deal than I thought it would be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad