Post-Game Talk: Jackets 3, Oilers 1

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Playing JP with Lander and Letestu on the 4th is just mindboggling.

Glad to see that 1st line. We badly need to get McDavid going again.

2nd line will be interesting. 3rd line...hope Caggiula can cover for his wingers in our zone, good luck kid! And very happy for Lander that he is back in.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
For sure, lol. Lucic would just need to ask Todd. "I'm playing against my former team, so may I be on Connor's line, pretty pretty please!" :sarcasm::laugh:

And if Todd says no, he'll just make a phone call to Chiarelli.

FSKuOgb.gif

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Pouliot should be sent to the press-box. Hard to believe but I defended this guy 2 years ago. A friend of mine is a Bruin fan. He hates Pouliot. He said there is a reason he plays for so many teams. One fella that needs to be sent a message is Eberle. I see he is on 3rd line at practice. He is lucky he is there. I still feel we are at least 3 players away. Players that actually care

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Wow while looking something up for a discussion on the main boards I just found some very depressing stats. Eberle and Lucic have scored a combined 7 - 5 on 5 goals this season with McDavid in a combined 736:58 of 5 on 5 TOI.

Last season Maroon scored 4 - 5 on 5 goals with McDavid in 133:57 of 5 on 5 TOI. And this season has 3 - 5 on 5 goals with McDavid in 146:22 of 5 on 5 TOI.

gwiz999

Jul 18, 2013
Pouliot should be sent to the press-box. Hard to believe but I defended this guy 2 years ago. A friend of mine is a Bruin fan. He hates Pouliot. He said there is a reason he plays for so many teams. One fella that needs to be sent a message is Eberle. I see he is on 3rd line at practice. He is lucky he is there. I still feel we are at least 3 players away. Players that actually care

I think the players do care to some extent but for some reason this team just doesn't have everyone working hard- every game, every single shift. Teams with lesser talent seem to find ways to all pull together and play as a team and give it their all for the entire 60 minutes. Much like CBJ last night. Putting Eberle in the pressbox isn't going to do anything for his effort level- he's still making his $ whether he's 1st line, fourth line or eating popcorn and watching.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
It seems the coaching staff is now encouraging RNH to shoot at every opportunity. I think he has 2 goals on home-ice in the past year...?

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Ugh. Lucic-RNH-Kassian is our second line? Really? Come on.

My lineup:
Maroon-McDavid-RNH
Lucic-Draisaitl-Eberle
Caggiula-Lander-Puljujarvi
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad