Post-Game Talk: Jackets 3, Oilers 1

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I turned the game off when McDavid got called for the "trip" after regaining possession for 10 seconds

I was absolutely shocked

**** your winning streak if your crowd can whine and get a penalty called after the player has possession for 5 seconds

Also what the **** Pouliot, just a giveaway machine all night

Honestly we were looking less than good but then Maroon gets into a fight and Pouliot gets pushed up the lineup and we turn to absolute ****.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I never thought I'd say this but I hope Lander is in the lineup again. I don't really care who comes out, there are many candidates who deserve to sit after tonight.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I was absolutely shocked

**** your winning streak if your crowd can whine and get a penalty called after the player has possession for 5 seconds

Also what the **** Pouliot, just a giveaway machine all night

Honestly we were looking less than good but then Maroon gets into a fight and Pouliot gets pushed up the lineup and we turn to absolute ****.

Officiating has gotten worse and worse each season, its no surprise. I'm never surprised anymore when something doesn't go in favor of the Oilers with penalties. Connor can get hooked, slashed, tripped, and interfered to death and the refs won't even bat an eye to it. But hey, get mad at the refs and you'll get a suspension like DeAngelo. NHL loves their incompetent referees.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Did RNH even play tonight? I barely noticed him out there.

I hope so. Send him down and bring up Slepyshev for crying out loud.

Really? Opposite here, I thought RNH, Draisaitl, Lucic, Maroon, and Talbot were the only noticeable players tonight.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Really? Opposite here, I thought RNH, Draisaitl, Lucic, Maroon, and Talbot were the only noticeable players tonight.

Meh, the 2nd line was the most noticeable so you have a point. Still frustrating to see Eberle and RNH not produce as Veterans on the team with the A and 6M salary though.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Meh, the 2nd line was the most noticeable so you have a point. Still frustrating to see Eberle and RNH not produce as Veterans on the team with the A and 6M salary though.

Fair enough. I also thought RNH and Lucic were more noticeable than Draisaitl, but that's the details :)

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Fair enough. I also thought RNH and Lucic were more noticeable than Draisaitl, but that's the details :)

They can keep doing that consistently considering Draisaitl's the other forward other than Connor that's usually noticeable. :naughty:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Lucic-RNH-Draisaitl should be kept together for a good 15 games at least. There's obvious chemistry there and it should have been a line formed long ago if not for McLellan's incessant need to put Lucic on the top line.

Honestly getting pretty tired of Pouliot this season after liking his game the past 2 seasons.

I'd be more than happy seeing this for the next 5 games:

Maroon-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Nuge-Drai
Slepyshev-Caggiula-Eberle
Lander-Letestu-Kassian

I know it won't happen, but oh well. Also wouldn't mind trying Caggiula-Lander-Eberle as a 3rd line, but at this point I could probably convinced of just about anything as long as there's no Lucic or Eberle on McDavid's line, and Lucic-Nuge-Drai remains a thing.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
That Pitlick injury really hurts. The Oilers get next to nothing from the right wing unless Draisaitl is put there.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
This team really needs to fix it's issues at its own blueline. Pouliot got burned for it, but he was hardly the only guilty party of throwing the puck away into the middle 5 feet from the blueline.

I also think it's time to get a little speed with McDavid. I know Pouliot isn't a favourite around here, but he's shown he can keep up with McDavid. His 1 vs. 5 routine is getting a little predictable. There's a reason he looks better with Drai on his wing or even RNH, as they're actually a threat to carry the puck and play give and go with McJesus.

Pouliot-McDavid-RNH
Lucic-Draisaitl-Eberle
Maroon-Lander-Pakarinen/Caggiula(damn it, Pitlick would have worked well here...)
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian

McDavid gets some speed on his wings. Eberle gets two cyclers that place a more structured game. Draisaitl and Eberle have looked good together the last few time they've played together, Idk why Todd doesnt force that chemistry like he does others...

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Is there a chart for where the Oilers target their shots? I feel like they shoot at the off the wings more than any other team. Their good shooters never try to pick corners, they just shoot for the goalie and hope it sneaks in.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
Hey guys....I shared some stuff in your pregame discussion and just wanted to say best of luck the rest of the way. Not trying to be a jerk by stopping by. Columbus and Edmonton are done for the season, so seriously, I just wanted to wish you guys good luck and good hockey the rest of the way. You fans have waited a long time for a return playoff trip. I hope it happens this year and the improvement continues.

All the best.

:shakehead

x-files-apocrypha-scully-grave.gif

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Also on top of Puljujarvi needing to go down, I'm thinking the same of Benning. Yes he plays hard, but he doesn't really bring anything to the table at the current moment.

There's upside there, but he needs to be in the AHL to polish his game.

Ideally you'd find a way to get another top 4 guy and bump Russell down to the 3rd pairing.

Also I'd like to see Klefbom and Sekera as a pairing. I think both get a little too predictable (and shutdown-able when they're the go to options when by themselves)

Klefbom-Sekera
______-Larsson
Davidson-Russell

Damn, Nurse would fit that hole well... How much longer for him to be back? 2 more months if reports are to be believed...

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Also on top of Puljujarvi needing to go down, I'm thinking the same of Benning. Yes he plays hard, but he doesn't really bring anything to the table at the current moment.

There's upside there, but he needs to be in the AHL to polish his game.

Ideally you'd find a way to get another top 4 guy and bump Russell down to the 3rd pairing.

Also I'd like to see Klefbom and Sekera as a pairing. I think both get a little too predictable (and shutdown-able when they're the go to options when by themselves)

Klefbom-Sekera
______-Larsson
Davidson-Russell

Damn, Nurse would fit that hole well... How much longer for him to be back? 2 more months if reports are to be believed...

Too long. He's not a game changer by any means since he's still somewhat raw, but the progression he showed was exciting and he was likely only going to keep getting better as this season went along. Also probably our best guy at actually making an outlet pass and not blindly ringing it around the boards from our own end.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Lucic-RNH-Draisaitl should be kept together for a good 15 games at least. There's obvious chemistry there and it should have been a line formed long ago if not for McLellan's incessant need to put Lucic on the top line.

Honestly getting pretty tired of Pouliot this season after liking his game the past 2 seasons.

I'd be more than happy seeing this for the next 5 games:

Maroon-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Nuge-Drai
Slepyshev-Caggiula-Eberle
Lander-Letestu-Kassian

I know it won't happen, but oh well. Also wouldn't mind trying Caggiula-Lander-Eberle as a 3rd line, but at this point I could probably convinced of just about anything as long as there's no Lucic or Eberle on McDavid's line, and Lucic-Nuge-Drai remains a thing.

Honestly the moment McLellan started ****ing with the lines, that Nuge/Drai/Lucic line completely vanished. They were the only line firing in the first and then nothing the rest of the night.

Pouliot is just ugh. We might have to buy this guy out.

space321

May 11, 2011
Can McLellan just put Puljujarvi with McDavid for a FULL GAME start to finish, PLEASE.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Send Pulijaarvi down swap him for Slep. Scratch Pouliot and dress Lander

Drizzy Mcdavid Slep
Lucic Nuge Drai
Maroon Lander Eberle
Hendo Letestu Kass

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Too long. He's not a game changer by any means since he's still somewhat raw, but the progression he showed was exciting and he was likely only going to keep getting better as this season went along. Also probably our best guy at actually making an outlet pass and not blindly ringing it around the boards from our own end.

Yep, I like the aggression he(Nurse) showed to push the play. However pairing him with Larsson would force Adam to be more assertive in his own play when on offence. I'm disliking how much Larsson defers to Klefbom throughout a game.

Also getting Sekera with a stronger and more rounder partner than Russell would help him handle top pairing assignments.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
This team really needs to fix it's issues at its own blueline. Pouliot got burned for it, but he was hardly the only guilty party of throwing the puck away into the middle 5 feet from the blueline.

I also think it's time to get a little speed with McDavid. I know Pouliot isn't a favourite around here, but he's shown he can keep up with McDavid. His 1 vs. 5 routine is getting a little predictable. There's a reason he looks better with Drai on his wing or even RNH, as they're actually a threat to carry the puck and play give and go with McJesus.

Pouliot-McDavid-RNH
Lucic-Draisaitl-Eberle
Maroon-Lander-Pakarinen/Caggiula(damn it, Pitlick would have worked well here...)
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian

McDavid gets some speed on his wings. Eberle gets two cyclers that place a more structured game. Draisaitl and Eberle have looked good together the last few time they've played together, Idk why Todd doesnt force that chemistry like he does others...

I know it sounds silly, especially after this game, but I actually do want Pouliot on McDavid's wing. Yes, Pou doesn't deserve jack **** for his horse crap play this season. But McDavid needs skaters on his wings and both Pouliot and Pulj are probably the best skaters that can keep up with 97. I enjoyed it when Pou McDavid and Yak were together last season because their transitional attack was lethal. This season, he has slugs on his wings and the odd man rushes are non existent. When McDavid has Eberle/Lucic/Maroon as wingers, McDavid is attacking 1 on 5 and his linemates are still at their own blue line catching their breath. Again, it's rough saying all that with Pouliot playing like hot garbage. lol.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Did anyone notice eberles stick being held for 15 seconds on our powerplay, can't do much when the other team is allowed to cheat so blatantly, or the dangerous interference flying knee at the blue line that the refs missed. Or McDavid getting called for having his stick held and the bogus call on Benning. Reffing is a joke in this league. The Oilers held there own in the first half and the refs gave the game away. Pouliot's play was bad but Foligno made a really nice play there to steal that pass too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad