Player Discussion: Jack Roslovic as the #2 Centre?

Will Roz end up as the #2C by the end of the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Roslovic is becoming the first round pick we had hoped for , the guy is playing very good right now , great to see and i love the speed and agility he is bringing now .:nod:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Roslovic is the perfect example of the importance of playing a specific player, in a specific role, with other specific types of players, in order for them to flourish.

Whether this is chemistry or simply a meshing of player types, it's important to the development of the player and the success of a team.

He and Ehlers are almost magical to watch out there together some nights.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Roslovic is the perfect example of the importance of playing a specific player, in a specific role, with other specific types of players, in order for them to flourish.

Whether this is chemistry or simply a meshing of player types, it's important to the development of the player and the success of a team.

He and Ehlers are almost magical to watch out there together some nights.

Yes. My sense is that Roslovic appears to have a microplan now, especially deep in the O-zone, which is manifest and reflected in his play.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I post this in ever gdt lately, but Jack's emulation of Ehlers is so cool to see. He's got some wicked skating prowess.
And there is no one better to learn from. Can’t believe we don’t have Ehlers on our 1 pp unit. He has been great this season hands down our best forward and probably our 2nd best player. First is Hellebuyck.

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I think Little is pretty much done.

The last of the Atlanta core are dwindling away.

The Atlanta corp weren't half bad and had the Jets gotten even just slightly below average goaltending they probably would have been a playoff team from the get-go!

Chevy's biggest blunder to date was believing Pavelec was a bonafide starting netminder when the guy probably was never even an adequate backup!

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Atlanta corp weren't half bad and had the Jets gotten even just slightly below average goaltending they probably would have been a playoff team from the get-go!

Chevy's biggest blunder to date was believing Pavelec was a bonafide starting netminder when the guy probably was never even an adequate backup!

The problem is our star players other than Laine have all had a big year right before they needed to be resigned.
We most often end up overpaying them and giving them a boat anchor contract like we did Wheeler and Pavelec.

Little has been fantastic over the years but has since regressed , has has become injury prone and he is not a significant part of our roster anymore.
Roslovic can easily take his spot if he ups his game.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
The problem is our star players other than Laine have all had a big year right before they needed to be resigned.
We most often end up overpaying them and giving them a boat anchor contract like we did Wheeler and Pavelec.

Little has been fantastic over the years but has since regressed , has has become injury prone and he is not a significant part of our roster anymore.
Little really isn't injury prone. And he's a significant enough piece of the roster that they had to move Wheeler to center.

Reactions: Jets 31

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Little really isn't injury prone. And he's a significant enough piece of the roster that they had to move Wheeler to center.

Wheeler had to be split from Scheifele as every team in the league has figured that line out.

Wheeler as a center made sense because Little was injured for the second time this season.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
And there is no one better to learn from. Can’t believe we don’t have Ehlers on our 1 pp unit. He has been great this season hands down our best forward and probably our 2nd best player. First is Hellebuyck.

Totally agree. Ehlers and Roslovic with Laine as a shooter and add anyone else you want. Those two will enter the zone and retain possession and eventually score themselves or set up Laine. Laine himself would distract the opposition and give Ehlers/Roslovic even more room.

It would be a fantastic PP on paper.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

How is taking a shoulder and a puck to the head make him injury prone? He’s played a full schedule the last two years but a freak accident makes him injury prone? Failed logic.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
100% odd man out when little comes back. Either little or wheeler 2c. Roslovic for all the small improvements on offence is a turnover machine in his end no way he plays even wing on 2nd line when little comes back.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
100% odd man out when little comes back. Either little or wheeler 2c. Roslovic for all the small improvements on offence is a turnover machine in his end no way he plays even wing on 2nd line when little comes back.
I’d argue Connor and Laine both had more and worse turnovers in the last few games.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

Friendly reminder that Little hadn't missed a game in the two years prior to this year's injury.

Reactions: sipowicz

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Roslovic is the same player he was last year, only difference is opportunity.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Roslovic is the same player he was last year, only difference is opportunity.
you think Rosie is playing at the same level this year in the top 6 vs last season? i disagree quite a bit, however, he was playing with Laine who was on his drought at the time and this year it's w/ Wheeler+Ehlers

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
you think Rosie is playing at the same level this year in the top 6 vs last season? i disagree quite a bit, however, he was playing with Laine who was on his drought at the time and this year it's w/ Wheeler+Ehlers
I thought he looked great with Little and Laine last season, he was setting up Laine all over the place and he couldn't finish. But then I might have a bias as I've been following him for a long while and have a well documented "man-crush" on him, as some on here have so eloquently put it :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad