Player Discussion: Jack Roslovic as the #2 Centre?

Will Roz end up as the #2C by the end of the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
100% odd man out when little comes back. Either little or wheeler 2c. Roslovic for all the small improvements on offence is a turnover machine in his end no way he plays even wing on 2nd line when little comes back.

If Little comes back.
I wouldn’t be surprised if his decision was to hang them up

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
If Little comes back.
I wouldn’t be surprised if his decision was to hang them up

yeah, with all the info. About the long term ramifications of multiple concussions he needs to be careful and consider his life after hockey.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
yeah, with all the info. About the long term ramifications of multiple concussions he needs to be careful and consider his life after hockey.
I’d hate to see him get concussed ever again.
He’s simply been unlucky

Reactions: sipowicz

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Roslovic's emergence is another example of why it is important to stay patient with young players, they all develop at different rates.

He has been very good this year and is rounding into form as a good two way second line winger.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Roslovic's emergence is another example of why it is important to stay patient with young players, they all develop at different rates.

He has been very good this year and is rounding into form as a good two way second line winger.
Or the emergence of Armia. Yet they both seemed passable in roles that did not play to their strengths. Armia more than Jack. Just thinking bout Petan. Jack didn’t look anything special on the 4th line in a checking role. Petan looked like a train wreck as a 4th liner.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
100% odd man out when little comes back. Either little or wheeler 2c. Roslovic for all the small improvements on offence is a turnover machine in his end no way he plays even wing on 2nd line when little comes back.
Yes he will. Despite your attempts to minimize his contributions, Rosie has been a key part of the 2nd lines success. I doubt Maurice breaks it up if they are still performing when Little comes back. Little playing further down the lineup at 3C makes the Jets deeper and gives them more scoring options.

Turnover machine? You’ve seen our top line....right? Sometimes I think Connor should just switch jerseys.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yes he will. Despite your attempts to minimize his contributions, Rosie has been a key part of the 2nd lines success. I doubt Maurice breaks it up if they are still performing when Little comes back. Little playing further down the lineup at 3C makes the Jets deeper and gives them more scoring options.

Turnover machine? You’ve seen our top line....right? Sometimes I think Connor should just switch jerseys.
Ya Connor has to not get scared to take a hit , he loses alot of pucks because he doesn't want to muck it up a little . I know he's not a huge guy but you can't just sweep at pucks with your stick all the time .

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Ya Connor has to not get scared to take a hit , he loses alot of pucks because he doesn't want to muck it up a little . I know he's not a huge guy but you can't just sweep at pucks with your stick all the time .

Not to pile on KC, but that aversion to going to the boards is going to bite us in the ass in the playoffs. An opponent will target that weakness 100%.

He doesn't have to be a goon, but he has to take/give a hit sometimes. I don't think he's any smaller than Ehlers or Roslovic, is he?

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Not to pile on KC, but that aversion to going to the boards is going to bite us in the ass in the playoffs. An opponent will target that weakness 100%.

He doesn't have to be a goon, but he has to take/give a hit sometimes. I don't think he's any smaller than Ehlers or Roslovic, is he?
Some players step it up in the playoffs; it's possible that's when he gets more involved in the boards

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Some players step it up in the playoffs; it's possible that's when he gets more involved in the boards

Yes, this is possible. I love KC's game, mostly. There is always something that can be criticized for every player.

Since this is a Roslovic thread, I have to say that there isn't too much that I dislike about Roslovic's game while playing with Ehlers. He even wins some faceoffs when Wheeler is thrown out.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018

There's no way he'd avoid taking a hit in the playoffs. I don't mind players preserving their bodies until then, as long as it doesn't cost too much for the team.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Or the emergence of Armia. Yet they both seemed passable in roles that did not play to their strengths. Armia more than Jack. Just thinking bout Petan. Jack didn’t look anything special on the 4th line in a checking role. Petan looked like a train wreck as a 4th liner.
Agree. It's all how they are used. Put them in situations they can succeed in.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
There's no way he'd avoid taking a hit in the playoffs. I don't mind players preserving their bodies until then, as long as it doesn't cost too much for the team.

And there's nothing wrong with avoiding hits if you have the skill to do it -
This dialogue has been ongoing and is getting out of hand - this guy is on the boards as much as anyone and cycles with the best on the team -

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
And there's nothing wrong with avoiding hits if you have the skill to do it -
This dialogue has been ongoing and is getting out of hand - this guy is on the boards as much as anyone and cycles with the best on the team -

My comment was meant to defend Connor. He wouldn't make a worse play to avoid taking a hit in the playoffs, and I have no problem with players not taking unnecessary hits (ie not always making the optimal play in order to stay healthy) as long as they make the playoffs.

Reactions: LowLefty

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
My comment was meant to defend Connor. He wouldn't make a worse play to avoid taking a hit in the playoffs, and I have no problem with players not taking unnecessary hits (ie not always making the optimal play in order to stay healthy) as long as they make the playoffs.

I know you were defending KC - I didn't do a very good job of aiming my comments - my bad :puppy:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad