Player Discussion: Jack Roslovic as the #2 Centre?

Will Roz end up as the #2C by the end of the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Looking at the poll.
A whole lotta people got it wrong.
I believe he can improve but can he get to number 2?
I’m not sure at this time.

Reactions: sipowicz

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Deserves a bump.

I've been really impressed with him so far this year. I think he should start getting a look at some 2C minutes.

Thoughts?

Give him a stint? Abso-f***-lutely. Doesn't hurt to try while knowing your other option is Bryan Little. Yet I don't see this happening as long as Maurice is the head coach. I mean it would take injuries. At first of course Little, then Copp and possibly even Lowry. The odds for even two of them getting sidelined for medical reasons are slim.

Kratti

Mar 16, 2006
I'm not seeing a 2C in Roslovic, or any C for that matter on NHL level. I'd be happy if he were to prove me wrong though, that'd mean Little could start centering the 4th line.

That being said, he looks like a solid contributor this year. Not just along for the ride.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Deserves a bump.

I've been really impressed with him so far this year. I think he should start getting a look at some 2C minutes.

Thoughts?

I agree --he's really upped his game this year, and driving the line. I'd like to see him get a shot at 2 C with Connor and Ehlers --"super sonic speed line."

Reactions: GumbyCan2

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Deserves a bump.

Thoughts?
He’s been playing really well, been much tidier along the wall in his own end and really dynamic with the puck on the rush and in the O zone. I think he’s just on the cusp of getting some tangible results from it.
Leave him on the wing though, don’t saddle him with the extra defensive responsibility. He’s been really effective as the weak side outlet on the break out, he’s gaining the zone a lot and helping that line with its zone time. Having him at Centre right now makes him change his approach, it makes him have to start deeper in the zone and support the rush instead of leading it. I think he’s way more dangerous coming in off the wing as opposed to trailing.

Don't complicate it right now, he been getting better each game.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Deserves a bump.

Thoughts?

He should have got that look the last 2-3 games that Little was out. With Little back and playing fairly well, this is not Roslovic's time. But if Little struggles, or gets hurt again Roslovic should be the first option.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Wait, someone actually thought Little is not bonafied 2C centering Laine till end of the season, and after next season and..

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny

I agree --he's really upped his game this year, and driving the line. I'd like to see him get a shot at 2 C with Connor and Ehlers --"super sonic speed line."
But realistically can he even play C at NHL level anymore, or better, yet?
He hasn't played C position for almost a year now.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Rozlo is doing just fine where he is.
Little hasn't looked bad and it is the very start of the season for him...bound to be some rust.

Surely, but everybody already knows what's under the rust once it wears off and that something doesn't equal to #2C.

I've been particularly looking up to games from two teams this year, the Jets and the NYR and sadly they both seem to be in the same situation for what comes down to the middle. Each has one elite on the front and afterwards it's pretty hallow after you scratch off the surface. It's frustrating for sure.

How Roslo never even got a chance during the pre-season is just absurd in my opinion. I mean why not even a try when there's nothing to lose (and heck of a lot to gain)? It's Maurice, so go figure. At least NYR consistently tries to switch the slots in the middle to see who fits in the best. Here it's just the same old same old, stagnation to it's finest.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
little is a borderline 2C but he is still better than Roslo who is a borderline NHL player until he show he can produce at the NHL level, we haven’t seen that yet!
Agreed. At this point in his career, Roso should specialize on the defensive side of the game. He's got the speed and quickness to keep pace with the top offensive threats we face, and he can create opportunities from time to time. Kind of like Copp.

At this point, I think it's clear that he is too inconsistent of a "finisher" to be given an offensive role. He just doesn't seem to have the offensive awareness necessary.

Reactions: sipowicz

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
too inconsistent of a "finisher" to be given an offensive role

LOL. The thing is, nobody is finishing consistently so I'm not sure how you base it on that. I'm just trying to find a better mix in the top 6 cuz we should be scoring more.

I'm not suggesting this because I don't like Little, I'm a fan but he's not going to be the answer much longer.

I guess Chev could always package Roslo and Ves for a proven 2C that will re-sign here. That would be the third attempt to fix it while parting with even more assets.:help:

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
LOL. The thing is, nobody is finishing consistently so I'm not sure how you base it on that. I'm just trying to find a better mix in the top 6 cuz we should be scoring more.

I'm not suggesting this because I don't like Little, I'm a fan but he's not going to be the answer much longer.

I guess Chev could always package Roslo and Ves for a proven 2C that will re-sign here. That would be the third attempt to fix it while parting with even more assets.:help:
Won't get a second line centre for that package. Little's our best option right now.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I don't think Rosie + KVes gets it done anyway. We would need to add to get a 2C better than Little.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Won't get one through the draft either. At least not one that will be ready soon enough.

They need to start giving him some looks there imo. The mix in our top six, while all being very talented, is broken.

Could be fixed in a heartbeat at no cost. You know where I'm going with this. Or Rosie could be given a shot.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Roslovic is 22 years old and still improving. Patience is warranted.
I think the Jets are having lots of patience with him (as he has shown very little to be super excited about at the NHL level)...problem is Rosie will run out a patience and force his way out before the Jets do.....That clock is ticking loudly IMHO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad