Jack Roslovic: “Anotha One”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbox

Feb 27, 2016
Finland
There's no rush with Roslo, that's for sure. But if they are thinking about taking a look at him in the big league, a spot between MP and JA is a pretty nice place for a skilled young prospect to play. Both wingers can actually play, but are also good in their own end. Icetime would be limited, but so would matchups.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
CLT=Copp/Lowry/Tanev
Ha! No I meant that it was weird that I was talking about the top 2 lines and he came back with a suggestion that I was wrong that we had 2 top lines because the third line scored as well.

All 4 lines could be filling the net but we'd still have a top line, top 2 lines, top 3 lines and 4 lines.

Now even I'm confused :)

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Our Forward depth is excellent. I wouldn't add a F at the deadline even if we called up Roslo and he was a complete dud.

For me the thing is this. We don't need to see what we have in Roslo at the NHL season for any reason other than injury and if he doesn't work out we still have Petan, Scar at C down there and a bevy of Wingers who want that chance too.

Roslo is currently getting the best training for the job I want him doing on the Jets in the future with the Moose. 2/3 C with Upside. Plus special teams.

I have 0 interest in Petanning him in the 4C slot on the Jets with a little PK time. I'd rather use the second year of his ELC grooming him for his actual future job.

Never mind loosing assets for nothing.

If Petan consistently had MP and Army on his wings that experiment likely would have looked a bit different. Don't disagree with waiting for a need (injury replacement). Chances are he will get a look out of team need anyways.

Testing him in the NHL prior to the trade deadline does hold some merit.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I'm confident that Roslovic is going to be a very good pro.

Armia is getting better all the time.

Lemieux is looking like a legit NHL prospect (>1 PPG in the AHL).

Also, considering off-ice issues...

Armia, Lemieux and Roslovic >> Kane
Myers >> Bogo

Kasdorf and Stafford always get forgotten ;)

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
I think it was just last season that Westwood would argue that the Jets had a few good talented players but overall their depth wasn’t that great!

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
I think you need a guy LIKE Hendricks more than ever come playoff time.

No rush to bring up Roslo. Let him continue to roll in the A, have a good playoff with some real responsibility.

Why throw the balance off of the big club? People complain to no end about Hendricks but look at the chemistry of our team right now, it's absolutely off the charts. Why in the heck would you mess with that by removing a player who has had a big hand in it.

IF you felt that Hendricks was SO BAD as a player that he is hurting the team on the ice, then I think you look to replace him with a LIKE type player (a grinder, a shut down guy) not another skill guy.

ahh yes the age old NHL axiom of 'playing better players makes your team worse' never gets old

Runforthecup

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
Scheif - Roslovic - Little - Lowry looks like a good center configuration for 2018/2019. That's the year we're winning the cup right

No. Bad attitude. There is no reason we are not making a "run for the cup" this year.

Roslo should come up before the playoffs, probably at RW, Shifting Perreault to C, and Laine to LW. You figure out the line combos.

Reactions: KB1971

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
No. Bad attitude. There is no reason we are not making a "run for the cup" this year.

Roslo should come up before the playoffs, probably at RW, Shifting Perreault to C, and Laine to LW. You figure out the line combos.

Perreault hasn't worked as a C for two years, Laine isn't going on the off wing so forget about it, Roslo only comes up with an injury or if they move Matthias.

Would prefer to see Roslo as C.....later.

Reactions: JetBlue420

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Was kind of hoping for a few injuries to the forwards this year so we could see roslo and others play.

Must be a jets record for fewest injuries to forwards. Only Perreault and hendrix for a few games.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I think the concern with "rushing" is absurd. Hockey players are not cakes you bake in the oven. They're dynamic and complex organisms whose job is predicated around their ability to adapt to surroundings. If a player has reached self-actualization in one arena it is absurd to keep him there because the timer still has 30 seconds on it.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
ahh yes the age old NHL axiom of 'playing better players makes your team worse' never gets old
LOL why do you think so many smart people who have lived this sport professionally believe that?

I understand we shouldn't just appeal to authority but even the new school 'on paper NHL 18' theorists have to admit that there has to be some merit to actual roster balance, situational players and chemistry, no?

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Looking forward to seeing his game on the New Year’s Eve day game!
guess you'll be a bit sad. :)

i'm curious if Roslo slots in as a centre and they move Matthias to wing?
or do they play Dano before Roslovic?
i don't like Dano's game, but he seems like the logical choice to replacing Tanev.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
guess you'll be a bit sad. :)

i'm curious if Roslo slots in as a centre and they move Matthias to wing?
or do they play Dano before Roslovic?
i don't like Dano's game, but he seems like the logical choice to replacing Tanev.
I think Armia replacing Tanev is a better fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad