Jack Roslovic: “Anotha One”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I think everyone underestimates Tanev.

I was one of his biggest boosters around here from the start of the season.

I see a lot of things to like in his game but I also see a lot of things I don't. I believe he benefits from Lowry more so than the reverse.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I also care about Roslovic. He's getting invaluable experience with the moose right now. He's playing bug minutes on the PP and PK.

He'd be taking Hendy's spot at reduced minutes and he wouldn't have a role on the Jets PP.

You sound so certain. He looked pretty good killing penalties with the Moose. They are giving him that opportunity there for a reason.

Edit: ooops read that as a role on the PK.....carry on ;)

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
You sound so certain. He looked pretty good killing penalties with the Moose. They are giving him that opportunity there for a reason.

Edit: ooops read that as a role on the PK.....carry on ;)

I would assume they might try him on the PK if he took Hendy's spot.

I doubt it would be in Hendy's spot on the PK though. I'd guess he'd come off the bench on the third pair behind Lowry/Copp and Tanev and somebody.

Maybe with Armia in Little's spot.

I have my doubts PoMo would throw him into the fire on the 1st PK unit further limiting his TOI and Minutes compared to what he currently gets with the moose.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
What's an offer we can't refuse? A top 10 draft pick? Top 5?
Not a draft pick. I'm more thinking of a player that would put us "over the top" for a playoff run....someone with talent, experience and some term left on the contract. Hope it doesn't happen... it would depend on what value Columbus would give to having a home town player with high potential. For southern teams, that's an extremely rare asset.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I would assume they might try him on the PK if he took Hendy's spot.

I doubt it would be in Hendy's spot on the PK though. I'd guess he'd come off the bench on the third pair behind Lowry/Copp and Tanev and somebody.

Maybe with Armia in Little's spot.

I have my doubts PoMo would throw him into the fire on the 1st PK unit further limiting his TOI and Minutes compared to what he currently gets with the moose.

His versatility means he could fill in for just about any of the four C or RW on the roster if needed. He could just slot in on either the PK or PP as well. They have been shrewd the way he has been given all those roles with the Moose including playing with a variety of players there.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Not a draft pick. I'm more thinking of a player that would put us "over the top" for a playoff run....someone with talent, experience and some term left on the contract. Hope it doesn't happen... it would depend on what value Columbus would give to having a home town player with high potential. For southern teams, that's an extremely rare asset.
It would have to be someone amazing considering that Roslo and Schief look like they would give us a great 0ne two punch well into the future.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Note the word "if" at the very beginning of my post. It hasn't happened yet is rather obvious.

I'm confident it will though, matter of when not if.

Agreed. Just don't want to get ahead of ourselves with the verdict on that trade.
Definitely looking good - now on both counts. I'm raising my estimate on Lemieux from 4th line to 3rd. :nod: I'm disappointed that the Jets are beginning to look on Roslo as a winger instead of a C. Who does he replace at RW?

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Agreed. Just don't want to get ahead of ourselves with the verdict on that trade.
Definitely looking good - now on both counts. I'm raising my estimate on Lemieux from 4th line to 3rd. :nod: I'm disappointed that the Jets are beginning to look on Roslo as a winger instead of a C. Who does he replace at RW?

Roslo has been back playing C for a while now after his stint at RW.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If I wasn't so lazy I'd look up 5th round or lower picks that have turned into great players.

A pick is a pick.

Current Jets players of note in the 2.0 era who were taken in the 5th or later rounds.

Mason Appleton, Sami Niku, Connor Hellebuyck, Tucker Poolman, and Berdin (I did not include 2017 draft class)

Reactions: Jet

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Current Jets players of note in the 2.0 era who were taken in the 5th or later rounds.

Mason Appleton, Sami Niku, Connor Hellebuyck, Tucker Poolman, and Berdin (I did not include 2017 draft class)
Players of little note:
Brassard, Kasdorf, Harstad, Phillips, Olsen, Kichton, Karlstrom, Seuss, Kraskovsky, Ustaski, Gennaro, Stallard
5 notables out of 17 (29%). Pretty good, comparatively. I have high hopes for some of those notables, and of course 2 are already legitimate NHLers.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think you need a guy LIKE Hendricks more than ever come playoff time.

No rush to bring up Roslo. Let him continue to roll in the A, have a good playoff with some real responsibility.

Why throw the balance off of the big club? People complain to no end about Hendricks but look at the chemistry of our team right now, it's absolutely off the charts. Why in the heck would you mess with that by removing a player who has had a big hand in it.

IF you felt that Hendricks was SO BAD as a player that he is hurting the team on the ice, then I think you look to replace him with a LIKE type player (a grinder, a shut down guy) not another skill guy.

But Hendricks doesn't play on our grinder/shutdown line. Why would we want that 'type' player on the line he plays on?

Where was Hendricks with his immense intangibles a couple of weeks ago when we lost 4 of 5, including 2 to weaker teams?

Hendricks has not been near as bad as I had feared he would be and comments from other players seem to support the idea that he is a very positive influence but I don't see how anyone can deny that he handicaps his linemates. His intangibles should be just as good if he played every 4th or 5th game.

The Oil didn't dress him for a single PO game last year and they didn't do too badly.

I wouldn't want to give up significant assets for a rental with all the depth we have on the Moose roster. But if we could get a clear upgrade on Hendricks for the right price I think we would be foolish not to take it. IDK if we could get that upgrade for a price I would consider to be the right price though.

Reactions: Jetshockey

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
But Hendricks doesn't play on our grinder/shutdown line. Why would we want that 'type' player on the line he plays on?

Where was Hendricks with his immense intangibles a couple of weeks ago when we lost 4 of 5, including 2 to weaker teams?

Hendricks has not been near as bad as I had feared he would be and comments from other players seem to support the idea that he is a very positive influence but I don't see how anyone can deny that he handicaps his linemates. His intangibles should be just as good if he played every 4th or 5th game.

The Oil didn't dress him for a single PO game last year and they didn't do too badly.

I wouldn't want to give up significant assets for a rental with all the depth we have on the Moose roster. But if we could get a clear upgrade on Hendricks for the right price I think we would be foolish not to take it. IDK if we could get that upgrade for a price I would consider to be the right price though.

I think you are linking him too closely to his line and not enough to him being on the ice, on the bench, in the dressing room, at practice as a regular player.

Hockey (like a lot of team sports) is weird. Many teams get better by adding 'lesser' players to a lineup if that lesser player either adds a need, fills a hole, or helps with chemistry. Many people around this team say this group really loves playing and being on a team together. Of all the things that star players can bring, theres no guarantee that's one of them.

Reactions: 204hockey

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I like Perreault and Armia there together too. Despite Hendricks lack of offensive ability, having those 2 on a '4th line' makes it really hard for opposition coaches to match. If you don't give Army and Mattchu the proper respect they will hurt you, but you still have to cover the top 2 lines too.

A daunting task indeed.

Very true - but the task is even more daunting with an upgrade at 4C. A more offensive player in that spot doesn't mean an offsetting defensive loss. It's not like Hendricks is outstanding defensively either.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Scheif - Roslovic - Little - Lowry looks like a good center configuration for 2018/2019. That's the year we're winning the cup right

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think you are linking him too closely to his line and not enough to him being on the ice, on the bench, in the dressing room, at practice as a regular player.

Hockey (like a lot of team sports) is weird. Many teams get better by adding 'lesser' players to a lineup if that lesser player either adds a need, fills a hole, or helps with chemistry. Many people around this team say this group really loves playing and being on a team together. Of all the things that star players can bring, theres no guarantee that's one of them.

He can be on the roster - in the room and at practice and sometimes on the bench and on the ice. If you think him being on the ice game in and game out is that important then I think you are overrating the intangibles.

Like I suggested, when the team got a little tired and maybe let up against weaker opposition we lost a stretch of games we should have won at least a couple of. His intangibles didn't prevent that. Replacing him with a fresher and very motivated player might have been worth more.

Just because we are winning doesn't mean we couldn't be better or that we shouldn't try to be better. After the TD we can bring up players without having to waive anybody. I would like to see Roslo given a few games to see how well he can handle NHL competition. Hendricks is the obvious one to sit while that is tried.

Lars65

Useless Git
Sep 6, 2011
Winnipeg

Is Columbus a southern team? They're pretty much the same latitude as Philadelphia.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It's interesting ppl talk about chemistry and then want to split Copp and Lowry up. The whole is much bigger than the parts.

True. :laugh:
I've wanted Copp between MP and Army Joe since MP was put on that line. But with the way CLT are playing as a line it is pretty hard to justify breaking them up.

I've wanted a top 6 of:
ESL
CLW
since training camp. The assumption is that Wheeler and Little have had chemistry for years and that ESL had great chemistry with each other. But Wheeler has never before scored like he is with Scheif. The sum of the parts might be better with those changes - or not.

Pretty hard to start experimenting while things are going so well. I thought the time might have come a couple of weeks ago when we lost to Detroit and Fla but they stopped the bleeding and these last 3 games are probably the best 3 game stretch in Jets 2.0 history so I think any changes will have to wait.

I think PMo should find a way to give Matthias and Dano a game here and there but otherwise stick with what we have been winning with.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
View attachment 89105
Statistics:​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Games:Goals:Assists:Points:Plus / Minus:
29141630+14
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
With the recent uproar of our beloved Jets and they’re young Superstars, for example Ehlers, Laine and Connor could there “Anotha one” coming in the red hot prospect, Jack Roslovic?

Many Jets fanatics know of the prospect pool and the kids who consist inside of it, and obviously most knew of Roslovic for a long time but no one expected the kind of success he has recently had this season for the Moose. He’s not only Top 3 in Scoring in the AHL he’s the youngest within those parameters with over a Point Per Game and is leading the one of the worst teams from years past into becoming the best in the entire AHL... No one seen this kind of success coming...

Now let’s move to onto our current Jets because let’s face it they matter more than the Moose, I don’t want to jump on the pessimistic train when it comes down to our Center ice but to be honest we lack depth and Little just simply isn’t good chemistry with Laine(or Ehlers for that matter, though Connor looked to improve that chemistry a bit last game, tbh I’d like to see more of that line myself) and I believe Hendricks (regardless of how much of a voice he is in the locker room) simply does not help our chance of winning as he lacks talent in a whole... So I ask you Jets fans what should we do with Roslovic? Keep him in the AHL to learn and help the Moose or Bring him up(what spot, 4C, 3C or 2C?)?

Thanks for reading please comment below on what you think should happen with Roslovic and have a nice day...
Just getting into this thread & others have probably mentioned it, but Roslo is my "trade deadline" pickup that the Jets need more than anybody else. Let him ripen if need be but on or before trade deadline, I want to see him as our full time 4C for a playoff run. If that works out, I see Little as expendible in the offseason & Roslo is our 2C next year

Reactions: Jetshockey

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Players of little note:
Brassard, Kasdorf, Harstad, Phillips, Olsen, Kichton, Karlstrom, Seuss, Kraskovsky, Ustaski, Gennaro, Stallard
5 notables out of 17 (29%). Pretty good, comparatively. I have high hopes for some of those notables, and of course 2 are already legitimate NHLers.

Yea more bad than good which is to be expected but our track record for 5th or later is actually looking pretty good at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad