StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
41ED93D3-C81E-4194-8F26-2606F81F92CF.jpeg

Statistics(Updated):​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Games:Goals:Assists:Points:Plus / Minus:
31152035+16
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
With the recent uproar of our beloved Jets and they’re young Superstars, for example Ehlers, Laine and Connor could there “Anotha one” coming in the red hot prospect, Jack Roslovic?

Many Jets fanatics know of the prospect pool and the kids who consist inside of it, and obviously most knew of Roslovic for a long time but no one expected the kind of success he has recently had this season for the Moose. He’s not only Top 3 in Scoring in the AHL he’s the youngest within those parameters with over a Point Per Game and is leading the one of the worst teams from years past into becoming the best in the entire AHL... No one seen this kind of success coming...

Now let’s move to onto our current Jets because let’s face it they matter more than the Moose, I don’t want to jump on the pessimistic train when it comes down to our Center ice but to be honest we lack depth and Little just simply isn’t good chemistry with Laine(or Ehlers for that matter, though Connor looked to improve that chemistry a bit last game, tbh I’d like to see more of that line myself) and I believe Hendricks (regardless of how much of a voice he is in the locker room) simply does not help our chance of winning as he lacks talent in a whole... So I ask you Jets fans what should we do with Roslovic? Keep him in the AHL to learn and help the Moose or Bring him up(what spot, 4C, 3C or 2C?)?

Thanks for reading please comment below on what you think should happen with Roslovic and have a nice day...

Last edited:

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
With the confidence he is gaining this year I expect him to kick the door in next training camp. Should we need him this season I think it will be hard not to give him his shot.

Reactions: 204hockey

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Love Roslovic's game - smart, quick, with good vision. I think he has 2C upside.

Man, the 2015 draft could end up being a real haul. There are two players that WILL play in the NHL in a significant fashion, and a bunch of others that may also log time:

Connor
Roslovic
Foley
Harkins
Spacek
Appleton
Niku

:scared:

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
I'd like to see were he's at now. We are going to need Someone better than Hendricks come playoff time. Id put him on the 4th line. Give him 5-10 games. Then you know for the deadline.
i think this is what happens. a few moose (or is it meese?) will be given auditions for playoff time.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I would like to see how his game transitions into the big leagues before putting him in the category of young superstar.

Hope he takes his opportunity whenever it comes and runs with it as it only improves our team.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I'd like to see were he's at now. We are going to need Someone better than Hendricks come playoff time. Id put him on the 4th line. Give him 5-10 games. Then you know for the deadline.

i think this is what happens. a few moose (or is it meese?) will be given auditions for playoff time.

I'm not so sure. I think we have enough youth right now on the team and it's important to get them into the playoffs and get some valuable experience. Adding more youth would be questionable, I think. I am all for youth but I do think too much too soon is a thing. My opinion (I could definitely be wrong) is that the type of players we would be looking at adding would be more established veterans with a resume. Ex/ a bottom 6 forward, bottom pairing/depth defender with some experience, etc.

If Little were to go down to injury, or Scheif, I do think we would give Roslovic an opportunity. But if we're healthy and looking to make additions for a run, it won't be Roslovic, Lemieux, Appleton, Petan, Niku, etc.. is my guess.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Roslovic might swing that deal easily in our favor.....and I suspect he will. But there's been some really bad deals. Thornton for nuthin, Hossa for nuthin, Forsberg for nuthin (Erat), Voracek, 1st(couturier), Cousins for nuthin. How about G Reinhart for Barzal....ugh. This Jet/Sabre deal was not that lopsided.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Roslovic might swing that deal easily in our favor.....and I suspect he will. But there's been some really bad deals. Thornton for nuthin, Hossa for nuthin, Forsberg for nuthin (Erat), Voracek, 1st(couturier), Cousins for nuthin. How about G Reinhart for Barzal....ugh. This Jet/Sabre deal was not that lopsided.
If Roslovic becomes a top 6 player and Lemieux ends up playing a regular role in the future, it really would be a lopsided deal.

Jetshockey

Nov 13, 2017
I'm not so sure. I think we have enough youth right now on the team and it's important to get them into the playoffs and get some valuable experience. Adding more youth would be questionable, I think. I am all for youth but I do think too much too soon is a thing. My opinion (I could definitely be wrong) is that the type of players we would be looking at adding would be more established veterans with a resume. Ex/ a bottom 6 forward, bottom pairing/depth defender with some experience, etc.

If Little were to go down to injury, or Scheif, I do think we would give Roslovic an opportunity. But if we're healthy and looking to make additions for a run, it won't be Roslovic, Lemieux, Appleton, Petan, Niku, etc.. is my guess.

I agree I would like a backlund or brassard type player but is it really worth giving up picks or a player If roslo is ready, it could save us a some pressure at the deadline. Just as I want Matthias and dano to get some games, We need to know who can be called up and fill roles.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I agree I would like a backlund or brassard type player but is it really worth giving up picks or a player If roslo is ready, it could save us a some pressure at the deadline. Just as I want Matthias and dano to get some games, We need to know who can be called up and fill roles.

Ya, I don't disagree with that. Could you imagine we called Roslovic up and he fit right in and contributed like Connor has...

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think you need a guy LIKE Hendricks more than ever come playoff time.

No rush to bring up Roslo. Let him continue to roll in the A, have a good playoff with some real responsibility.

Why throw the balance off of the big club? People complain to no end about Hendricks but look at the chemistry of our team right now, it's absolutely off the charts. Why in the heck would you mess with that by removing a player who has had a big hand in it.

IF you felt that Hendricks was SO BAD as a player that he is hurting the team on the ice, then I think you look to replace him with a LIKE type player (a grinder, a shut down guy) not another skill guy.

Jetshockey

Nov 13, 2017
I think you need a guy LIKE Hendricks more than ever come playoff time.

No rush to bring up Roslo. Let him continue to roll in the A, have a good playoff with some real responsibility.

Why throw the balance off of the big club? People complain to no end about Hendricks but look at the chemistry of our team right now, it's absolutely off the charts. Why in the heck would you mess with that by removing a player who has had a big hand in it.

IF you felt that Hendricks was SO BAD as a player that he is hurting the team on the ice, then I think you look to replace him with a LIKE type player (a grinder, a shut down guy) not another skill guy.

My guess is nothing will happen. I would like someone more offensive with Perreault and Armia. But injuries and underperformance happens and we really have no clue who can fill roles. Everyone is almost expected to do something at the deadline but if we already have the players in our system I'd rather not do anything.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
My guess is nothing will happen. I would like someone more offensive with Perreault and Armia. But injuries and underperformance happens and we really have no clue who can fill roles. Everyone is almost expected to do something at the deadline but if we already have the players in our system I'd rather not do anything.
If I really felt the Jets needed to swap out Hendricks (I don't - most cup winners have glue-turds like Hendricks on them) I'd try to get Lemieux in that role. It makes more sense for lineup balance, especially in the playoffs.

Jetshockey

Nov 13, 2017
If I really felt the Jets needed to swap out Hendricks (I don't - most cup winners have glue-turds like Hendricks on them) I'd try to get Lemieux in that role. It makes more sense for lineup balance, especially in the playoffs.

I also like lemiuex at this point id be happy with both being called up. I just dont like if a guy goes down its matthias could be that guy. Is our plan Matthias and dano or we going with lemiuex and roslo for call ups. Why id like to see roslo get a few.

Reactions: Jet

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I have little doubt he will be on our playoff roster. Chances are he will be up practicing with the team just in case of a center or right wing injury.

I'd be fine if they left him in the AHL for the experience of a playoff run. But NHL teams tend to have their best backups already in place at the cost of their AHL team.

If Little or Scheifele got hurt he'd be up here and playing top six.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
It sounds silly but Perreault playing the role he is now could be good for him. If he can continue to effectively play 10-13 mins, and the bulk of the teams offense comes from guys like Wheeler, Scheifele, Laine, Ehlers, Little, Connor in the top 6, then what works, works and I say keep it going. It's clearly not effecting his production, hopefully it keeps him fresh and off the IR the rest of the way. Maybe less is more with Perreault. I chuckle a bit when I see people say they'd like to see a more offensive guy with Perreault and Armia, and "in theory" that is likely correct, but it's hard to change something that seems to be working so darn well. Perreault playing at nearly a PPG through his 23 games, Armia on pace for nearly 30 points, the roster has depth we have, the team is winning, etc.

Don't change a thing. :laugh:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I also like lemiuex at this point id be happy with both being called up. I just dont like if a guy goes down its matthias could be that guy. Is our plan Matthias and dano or we going with lemiuex and roslo for call ups. Why id like to see roslo get a few.

I just think you need to plug the right guy into the right hole and luckily the Jets are getting deep enough that we can really start doing that. If we (heaven forbid) get a couple longer term injuries to our top 6 then maybe Roslo gets a shot

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It sounds silly but Perreault playing the role he is now could be good for him. If he can continue to effectively play 10-13 mins, and the bulk of the teams offense comes from guys like Wheeler, Scheifele, Laine, Ehlers, Little, Connor in the top 6, then what works, works and I say keep it going. It's clearly not effecting his production, hopefully it keeps him fresh and off the IR the rest of the way. Maybe less is more with Perreault. I chuckle a bit when I see people say they'd like to see a more offensive guy with Perreault and Armia, and "in theory" that is likely correct, but it's hard to change something that seems to be working so darn well. Perreault playing at nearly a PPG through his 23 games, Armia on pace for nearly 30 points, the roster has depth we have, the team is winning, etc.

Don't change a thing. :laugh:
I like Perreault and Armia there together too. Despite Hendricks lack of offensive ability, having those 2 on a '4th line' makes it really hard for opposition coaches to match. If you don't give Army and Mattchu the proper respect they will hurt you, but you still have to cover the top 2 lines too.

A daunting task indeed.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Hahahahahahaha.

Okay I just want to point out how we hear to no end about the "lack" of chemistry and how important it is on the second line of Ehler/Little/Laine.

Now.... Let's look at how the 4th line has performed since Hendricks and MP and Armia have been put there.

Just funny that people only like to talk about chemistry when it suits them.

Now that said it would be beyond f***ing dumb to call Roslo up to see if he can center an NHL line at this point in time.

Why would we put someone on waivers to achieve this? Loose a Dano for nothing to try out a player? Loose Matthias for nothing?

Its just stupid. If we have an injury at 1 or 2C I guess we could bring him in to give him a shot but we also have Lowry who could move up and Copp or Matthias who could play 3rd or 4th C.

Barring injury, I don't know why anyone would want to stir the f***ing pot on a 20-10-5 NHL team and the best Team in the AHL.

People need to chill the f*** out IMO when it comes to jamming high potential prospects into the NHL lineup.

There is nothing wrong for players to be playing in the AHL. Especially when they aren't even 21 yet.

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I like Perreault and Armia there together too. Despite Hendricks lack of offensive ability, having those 2 on a '4th line' makes it really hard for opposition coaches to match. If you don't give Army and Mattchu the proper respect they will hurt you, but you still have to cover the top 2 lines too.

A daunting task indeed.
Top 3 lines. If you haven't been noticing clt is scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad