Jack Roslovic: “Anotha One”

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
People need to chill the **** out IMO when it comes to jamming high potential prospects into the NHL lineup.

Without speculation, this would be one boring forum. People don't need to do anything other than discuss what they want to discuss about a potential roster player, and what his transition to the NHL might look like.

I don't think we have a direct line to filling out the roster card anyway. ;)

Reactions: Jet

Jetshockey

Nov 13, 2017
Hahahahahahaha.

Okay I just want to point out how we hear to no end about the "lack" of chemistry and how important it is on the second line of Ehler/Little/Laine.

Now.... Let's look at how the 4th line has performed since Hendricks and MP and Armia have been put there.

Just funny that people only like to talk about chemistry when it suits them.

Now that said it would be beyond ****ing dumb to call Roslo up to see if he can center an NHL line at this point in time.

Why would we put someone on waivers to achieve this? Loose a Dano for nothing to try out a player? Loose Matthias for nothing?

Its just stupid. If we have an injury at 1 or 2C I guess we could bring him in to give him a shot but we also have Lowry who could move up and Copp or Matthias who could play 3rd or 4th C.

Barring injury, I don't know why anyone would want to stir the ****ing pot on a 20-10-5 NHL team and the best Team in the NHL.

People need to chill the **** out IMO when it comes to jamming high potential prospects into the NHL lineup.

There is nothing wrong for players to be playing in the AHL. Especially when they aren't even 21 yet.

The threads about roslovic and being called up. Yes he should be tested. Who cares about Matthias and dano at this point. There both barely played. Most people would rather see lemiuex play than those 2. Next year both won't be on The team anyways. We got to see lemiuex and my opinion or first call up but if a center or rw id like to see roslo play. Lets be serious matthias will clear waivers.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The threads about roslovic and being called up. Yes he should be tested. Who cares about Matthias and dano at this point. There both barely played. Most people would rather see lemiuex play than those 2. Next year both won't be on The team anyways. We got to see lemiuex and my opinion or first call up but if a center or rw id like to see roslo play. Lets be serious matthias will clear waivers.

I care about it. Those players are assets and it would be poor asset management to waive them and risk losing them for nothing. Inevitably the hockey gods would decide the next day the Jets were due for a rash of forward injuries.

What's the rush? Why do we need to see him play now exactly? Patience grasshopper

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I care about it. Those players are assets and it would be poor asset management to waive them and risk losing them for nothing. Inevitably the hockey gods would decide the next day the Jets were due for a rash of forward injuries.

What's the rush? Why do we need to see him play now exactly? Patience grasshopper
The best we can get back for Dano is 5th.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It's interesting ppl talk about chemistry and then want to split Copp and Lowry up. The whole is much bigger than the parts.

Jetshockey

Nov 13, 2017

No rush. Just saying he should get some games before the deadline so we know that lemiuex and/or roslo are our options or we need someone else.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg

I care about Matthias. He's an actual NHLer with real experience who has proven himself to be a capable NHL player on the 4th line and when he's on his game a 3rd Liner.

I care about Dano. He's young and full of potential still. He's scored remarkably well and I still see plenty of value in him.

I also care about Roslovic. He's getting invaluable experience with the moose right now. He's playing bug minutes on the PP and PK.

He'd be taking Hendy's spot at reduced minutes and he wouldn't have a role on the Jets PP.

What's the sense in bringing a kid up "to see what we have in him" at the expense of him playing a reduced role on a team that's been playing excellent without him?

Never mind losing an asset for nothing in Dano or Matthias to make the move?

In the event of an injury to one of our top 3 C sure slot him in. Even an injury to a RW.

If Hendy goes down move Copp to 4C and Dano or Matthias to Lowry's wing and call up a Lipon/Scar/Buddy to sit in the PB and make some NHL money as a reward for their work on the Moose.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
It's interesting ppl talk about chemistry and then want to split Copp and Lowry up. The whole is much bigger than the parts.

My theory is Lowry is much better than people give him credit for more so than that line being better than the sum of its parts.

I think if you put Connor and Armia on his wings for instance he'd probable do just as well.

The great thing is he is capable of still doing it with Copp/Tanev which is even better because he lifts 2 players up. Tanev more than Copp however.

Reactions: csk

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Roslovic is an interesting prospect.

He was the one forward who could fit well with Matthews and Tkachuk when team USA were struggling to find someone. Jack slotted in at right wing and the trio took off and that says allot. I think there was some fear in his draft year that he was a product of his linemates and what could he do away from them? Then last year at the world juniors Jack played down the line up in a more two way roll and excelled again. He can slot in at center or on the wing.....take on the leading scorer in the AHL role or the complimentary player role too.

He might be our most versatile skilled player at some point in his career but only time will tell. I have always liked guys like Matty P and Frolik who work well no matter where you put them in the line up and I am hoping Jack brings his version of that flexibility to the Jets next season. Lots to like about the tools and IQ.

Edit: I would leave him on the Moose for this season and the AHL playoff run unless we run into injury issues on the Jets.

Jetshockey

Nov 13, 2017
I care about Matthias. He's an actual NHLer with real experience who has proven himself to be a capable NHL player on the 4th line and when he's on his game a 3rd Liner.

I care about Dano. He's young and full of potential still. He's scored remarkably well and I still see plenty of value in him.

I also care about Roslovic. He's getting invaluable experience with the moose right now. He's playing bug minutes on the PP and PK.

He'd be taking Hendy's spot at reduced minutes and he wouldn't have a role on the Jets PP.

What's the sense in bringing a kid up "to see what we have in him" at the expense of him playing a reduced role on a team that's been playing excellent without him?

Never mind losing an asset for nothing in Dano or Matthias to make the move?

In the event of an injury to one of our top 3 C sure slot him in. Even an injury to a RW.

If Hendy goes down move Copp to 4C and Dano or Matthias to Lowry's wing and call up a Lipon/Scar/Buddy to sit in the PB and make some NHL money as a reward for their work on the Moose.

Matthias really isn't an asset anymore he really hasn't shown much. Dano is young imo is still has a chance. I think we should be over ripping guys in the ahl with the depth we have but do we do nothing then at thedeadline or playoffs start scrambling?

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm half expecting Columbus to give us an offer we can't refuse for Roslovic. It's possible he never plays for the Jets.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Matthias really isn't an asset anymore he really hasn't shown much. Dano is young imo is still has a chance. I think we should be over ripping guys in the ahl with the depth we have but do we do nothing then at thedeadline or playoffs start scrambling?

Our Forward depth is excellent. I wouldn't add a F at the deadline even if we called up Roslo and he was a complete dud.

For me the thing is this. We don't need to see what we have in Roslo at the NHL season for any reason other than injury and if he doesn't work out we still have Petan, Scar at C down there and a bevy of Wingers who want that chance too.

Roslo is currently getting the best training for the job I want him doing on the Jets in the future with the Moose. 2/3 C with Upside. Plus special teams.

I have 0 interest in Petanning him in the 4C slot on the Jets with a little PK time. I'd rather use the second year of his ELC grooming him for his actual future job.

Never mind loosing assets for nothing.

Reactions: libertarian

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I'm half expecting Columbus to give us an offer we can't refuse for Roslovic. It's possible he never plays for the Jets.

It would take PLD and an add for me personally.

See no reason for either team to make a deal around Roslo though. Nothing to gain for the Jets unless it blows the doors off and nothing for the Jackets except a nice story..... Which is worthless when it comes to winning hockey games.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
It would take PLD and an add for me personally.

See no reason for either team to make a deal around Roslo though. Nothing to gain for the Jets unless it blows the doors off and nothing for the Jackets except a nice story..... Which is worthless when it comes to winning hockey games.
More than a nice story for a southern team to have a home grown player to market.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
More than a nice story for a southern team to have a home grown player to market.

Can't see how that would be worth giving up the best player in a trade.

If the Jackets weren't doing so well and having trouble putting bums in the seats I could see a value in it.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I've seen Dano. Next!!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
My theory is Lowry is much better than people give him credit for more so than that line being better than the sum of its parts.

I think if you put Connor and Armia on his wings for instance he'd probable do just as well.

The great thing is he is capable of still doing it with Copp/Tanev which is even better because he lifts 2 players up. Tanev more than Copp however.
I think everyone underestimates Tanev.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If Roslovic becomes a top 6 player and Lemieux ends up playing a regular role in the future, it really would be a lopsided deal.

I'm confident that Roslovic is going to be a very good pro.

Armia is getting better all the time.

Lemieux is looking like a legit NHL prospect (>1 PPG in the AHL).

Also, considering off-ice issues...

Armia, Lemieux and Roslovic >> Kane
Myers >> Bogo

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm not so sure. I think we have enough youth right now on the team and it's important to get them into the playoffs and get some valuable experience. Adding more youth would be questionable, I think. I am all for youth but I do think too much too soon is a thing. My opinion (I could definitely be wrong) is that the type of players we would be looking at adding would be more established veterans with a resume. Ex/ a bottom 6 forward, bottom pairing/depth defender with some experience, etc.

If Little were to go down to injury, or Scheif, I do think we would give Roslovic an opportunity. But if we're healthy and looking to make additions for a run, it won't be Roslovic, Lemieux, Appleton, Petan, Niku, etc.. is my guess.

That leaves rentals.

IMO there are 3 kinds of rentals - 1) those who cost us too much to acquire, 2) those who are not as good as the players they would have to replace, 3) those who are both. Oh, the 4th kind- Stempniak. Can he play C?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If Roslovic becomes a top 6 player and Lemieux ends up playing a regular role in the future, it really would be a lopsided deal.

and if they don't - it won't.

Looking very promising right now but until at least 1 of those 2 actually proves out I don't think we can call that deal a win. If they both live up to what they are now showing it will be a big win but it hasn't happened yet.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
and if they don't - it won't.

Looking very promising right now but until at least 1 of those 2 actually proves out I don't think we can call that deal a win. If they both live up to what they are now showing it will be a big win but it hasn't happened yet.
Note the word "if" at the very beginning of my post. It hasn't happened yet is rather obvious.

I'm confident it will though, matter of when not if.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna