Proposal: Jack or Singh?

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Let's face it, the only reason Singh calls playoffs games is because of diversity.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Jack for the final minute, Singh for the rest of the time I guess? Thinking from a National perspective.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Thanks for correcting me! I edited my post. Those bloody Italian guys are all the same anyhow!

Hextall is the worst announcer I have ever heard. Bar none. And there's been a lot of good candidates to fill that position.
She’s awkward and weird and not in an endearing way. It’s uncomfortable to watch her. Maybe she’d be passable on radio if you never had to see her but she’s a poor choice for tv.

Reactions: Stoneman89

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
She’s awkward and weird and not in an endearing way. It’s uncomfortable to watch her. Maybe she’d be passable on radio if you never had to see her but she’s a poor choice for tv.
Listening to Hextall is nails meet chalkboard. I would throw my radio in a nearby bathtub if she was broadcasting on it.

Same with Singh.

UpHere

Feelin' it
Jun 16, 2009
Singh. Michaels is annoying AF constantly yelling at me
they're both okay - my issue is singh seems to get overly excited at odd times - jack is overly excited pretty much all the time... i'll take Jack's pulsating enthusiasm and weird anecdotes though

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Whichever commentator we have has such a small effect on my enjoyment of the game. I'm always surprised that like 30% of every GDT is people whining about them.

The only one I’m starting to get annoyed at is Louie with him saying “oh I think they might take a look at this one” after every Oilers goal.

It’s like that one friend that when you have plans and he sees a cloud he automatically assumes it’s gonna rain.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Cam moon.

ABSOLUTELY Cam Moon. He's not as well-rounded as Rod was with his delivery, but I love his style because he actually calls the game. Most importantly, he also knows how to engage Bob without getting distracted by idle chatter. That alone makes a huge difference.

Cam's goal calls are on point too...simple, straightforward, and genuine excitement without the Gilbert Gottfried WWE shtick. Outstanding call of the Brown goal in particular:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Jack for the final minute, Singh for the rest of the time I guess? Thinking from a National perspective.

If the Oilers are playing a US team who cares about non bias. It’s a Canadian network. Americans will be watching the game on US networks.

Reactions: TB12

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
If the Oilers are playing a US team who cares about non bias. It’s a Canadian network. Americans will be watching the game on US networks.
I guess at the end of the day it doesn't really matter. I doubt people will watch/not watch strictly based on the announcer.

For me it's Jack.

Reactions: Valhallis

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
It is funny how over time everyone typically grows to hate a commentator.

Post Drew Remenda people loved Louie.......then the odd comment here and there and eventually the resume of annoying comments builds up and you end up hating that commentator.

To be fair, some I just dislike from the first puck drop and Singh is one of them.

I have a love/hate relationship with Louie.

Hated him when he was here on the first go because I felt like him and Quinn were trying way too hard to shine the turd of the Oilers at the time. Nonsense like "Oilers really need this one to fight their way back to playoff position, this is a massive game" as the team is like 15 points out of the playoffs with 20 games left. Drove me crazy.

Then when he came back to replace Remenda I liked him, he seemed to have a reasonable view of everything, the only fault was basically never calling a blatantly shitty call shitty.

Now only this year I'm reverting back to not liking him again and I don't think it has to do with anything other than his addiction to cheerleading a review on basically every Oiler goal. It's incredibly annoying how no matter what, the follow up to any Oiler goal is "I think they're gonna want to take a look at this one, Jack."

Reactions: ManOfSteelI

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Agree, people will watch either way, that was never in question. Great to see your on the Jack Train!

Sportsnet we have boredem on board! Make it a Jack no ice!
How embarrassing being on the jack train. He is the worst and most annoying Play by play guy on sportsnet and that's saying something. It's embarrassing the oiiers hired an American who sounds like a WWF announcer who can't follow the play with an annoying over the top voice. And maybe people won't stop watching because of him but many I bet mute his annoying voice lol can't believe anyone likes this guy as a play by play guy. He may be a nice family guy but he is just horrible at his job

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
This is how you announce a hockey game Jack would be rembling on about some obscure college baseball stat while this play as going on

Reactions: JordanGalhanth

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
This is how you announce a hockey game Jack would be rembling on about some obscure college baseball stat while this play as going on

Best play by play guy and and a true passionate life time oiler. Rod Philips calls bring back memories. It's embarrassing which the Oilers hired. Not only is he not good but he's not CANADIAN lol

Reactions: VainGretzky

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I have a love/hate relationship with Louie.

Hated him when he was here on the first go because I felt like him and Quinn were trying way too hard to shine the turd of the Oilers at the time. Nonsense like "Oilers really need this one to fight their way back to playoff position, this is a massive game" as the team is like 15 points out of the playoffs with 20 games left. Drove me crazy.

Then when he came back to replace Remenda I liked him, he seemed to have a reasonable view of everything, the only fault was basically never calling a blatantly shitty call shitty.

Now only this year I'm reverting back to not liking him again and I don't think it has to do with anything other than his addiction to cheerleading a review on basically every Oiler goal. It's incredibly annoying how no matter what, the follow up to any Oiler goal is "I think they're gonna want to take a look at this one, Jack."
As I read your post ,you’ve allowed me to reflect and helped me answer the question of why I too dislike LdB as a color guy.

He wont take a stand.

Make a call for or against and own it. Don’t dance around it. Wont call a spade a spade, wont say it’s a shitty call, wont take a stand until TO situation room makes a decision. LdB is a poor colour guy because he has to wait for the wind to blow before he takes a direction. Ineffective as a result.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
How embarrassing being on the jack train. He is the worst and most annoying Play by play guy on sportsnet and that's saying something. It's embarrassing the oiiers hired an American who sounds like a WWF announcer who can't follow the play with an annoying over the top voice. And maybe people won't stop watching because of him but many I bet mute his annoying voice lol can't believe anyone likes this guy as a play by play guy. He may be a nice family guy but he is just horrible at his job

You’re so wrong and I’m not embarrassed. :rolly:

Last edited:
Reactions: brentashton

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Ill take Singh but it has to be in Punjabi and they have to play it backwards to the listening audience.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
I'd prefer neither of these two clowns but........ if there was a loaded gun pointed at my head.. and was forced to choose.. it'd have to be JM.

sadly

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Best play by play guy and and a true passionate life time oiler. Rod Philips calls bring back memories. It's embarrassing which the Oilers hired. Not only is he not good but he's not CANADIAN lol

Agree Phillips is the Goat. Why does the bolded above even matter?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad