Proposal: Jack or Singh?

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Your goals do not live in anybody's brain, Mr. Brown.
giphy.gif

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: oobga and McHelpus

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton

Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver get “their guys”.

And I know not everyone likes JM (I love him) but it’s him or Singh.

He’s 1,000 times better than Singh.

Sign the petition and let SN know we want OUR guy.

(Direct link posted at the top!)

Agreed. Give us the Jackinator.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Sighn or what ever his name is, is the worst announcer i have ever listened to.

I would rather listen to nails on a chaulk board

Uh...you've obviously never heard Leah Hextall call a game.

Singh sounds like prime Rod Phillips by comparison.

To be fair to Singh, he's improved a TON over the last year. When he started he was abysmal. Now he's "ok".

My issue with Singh was always that, just like Hextall, he got thrust into the national games without near enough experience. Neither of their hiring's were merit based, because neither of them had done enough PBP to realistically even be considered for a national job. I don't give Singh any credit for his experience calling games in Punjabi. Calling them in English is obviously radically different.

All this being said, if Singh can continue to improve at the rate he has over the last two seasons, he could end up very very good.

Jack is still my guy though.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Who cares who calls our games? If the Oilers won it all I wouldn't care if Gilbert Gottfried or Paul Lynde was doing PbP.
Ok those would be equally entertaining. Can you imagine them calling a Tuesday night game between San Jose and Columbus? They might make it something to actually watch.

And since we’re on the topic, I’d love for Bobcat Goldwait and Andrew Dice Clay to team up as a broadcast team.

I think you might be onto a concept that has legs…

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Due to the number of Canadian teams in the playoffs this might actually be a reality for the first round at least. Cuthbert will be doing the Leaf series while Singh will probably do the Nuck series.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Due to the number of Canadian teams in the playoffs this might actually be a reality for the first round at least. Cuthbert will be doing the Leaf series while Singh will probably do the Nuck series.

I think Vancouver will use their regular guy. Singh seems reserved for us lesser Canadians in Alberta and Manitoba.

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
I remember when Gene had to call a game a few years back...that was awesome...rough to say the least but awesome none the less. I'll take Jack over singh any day , when ever I hear singh it feels like a loss in coming...just plain old bad luck with that guy. I desperately want to hear jack in a game 7 for all the marbles ,he may possibly self destruct live on air ....that alone will be worth the price

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Sighn or what ever his name is, is the worst announcer i have ever listened to.

I would rather listen to nails on a chaulk board
May I direct you to one Leah Hextall

Vancouver Toronto and Montreal always get their same announcer. What not us?
Personally I think Shorthouse is one of, if not the best in the business.

But I agree with you.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Do you think the teams we play in the playoffs have to hear “Connnnnnnorrrrrrr McccccccccccDAAVVVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIDD” when we score a goal?

Such a joke we have to listen to this shit.
He gained his fame with his Bonino goal call while doing the Punjabi broadcast. Now, he thinks he can do the same schtick with others. It was cool the first 100 times, not anymore, thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: K1984 and oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad