News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Ducks can contend next year if they get Eichel. Two young potential superstars in Drysdale and Zegras, Top 5 Goalie in Gibson with a very, very good Defense and pretty good forwards. Add players like Hoffman, Saad, Coleman, Woods , Athanasiou in the top 9 and they will contend rather quickly
They're being coached by Dallas Eakins.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Oh I agree on the last part, cap being moved is just to make it easier to take on the 10 mil.

Out of curiosity you have vilardi over turcotte? I like vilardi but I think I have turcotte and 8th over him

I’ve watched him since his rookie year in Kingston. I wanted him in his draft year. I’m still high on the kid. I haven’t seen enough of Turcotte or whomever gets drafted with the 8th pick to have them higher than Vilardi.

Vilardi reminds me a lot of Bergeron.

Buffalo fans, serious question: Are you all comfortable with Luukkonen as your goalie of the future? Or would Dostal be of serious interest to you? I just don't know how UPL's progression has gone.

We’re still high on 6K, and were impressed by his performance up until his injury this year (even fans of the teams he played against were impressed despite his stats), but you can never have enough bullets lined up. Aside from 6K, we only have Erik Portillo in the pipeline.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Sabres fans.... Other teams should give up a metric ton for Jack.

Also Sabres fans: We don't have to give up anything for him and yet we are desperate to trade him with the next month.

Talk about being nuts.
Iam sabre fan and I don't trade him till healthy but definitely trading him.Sick of his whinning.What Gm will do probably is trade him for a second rounder because of culture or something like that lol

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Personally, I think Eichel will be fine. That said, there are enough question marks that I think it will drive down his value a touch. As for the 3rd overall pick, yeah-it is somewhat of a crapshoot but if I'm the Sabres and I can come out of this draft with Power with the #1 overall pick and someone like Beniers with the 3rd plus several other assets in an Eichel deal it might make some sense even though in a vacuum Eichel is the highest profile player.

Why mention Powers in a discussion about an Eichel trade?

You all are being ridiculous. If you trade Jack Eichel and don't come out with the other teams best prospect, a top 5 pick and other decent pieces it is a failure ..plain and simple.

No Sabres fan should be happy with anything less...

No Sabres fan should be content with Adams allowing any team or Jack Eichel leverage in this situation. The Sabres have all the leverage if they are smart enough and brave enough to use it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’ve watched him since his rookie year in Kingston. I wanted him in his draft year. I’m still high on the kid. I haven’t seen enough of Turcotte or whomever gets drafted with the 8th pick to have them higher than Vilardi.

Vilardi reminds me a lot of Bergeron.

We’re still high on 6K, and were impressed by his performance up until his injury this year (even fans of the teams he played against were impressed despite his stats), but you can never have enough bullets lined up. Aside from 6K, we only have Erik Portillo in the pipeline.
Ah okay was just curious… I was very high on vilardi in his draft year and still think he’ll end up a really good player.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I don't understand why people get so salty over these discussions. If fans want certain players they want those players. If fans don't want to give up players then they don't. The pathological need to be right is amazing. If the cost to acquire Eichal is Zegras then as a Ducks fan I walk away. Plain and simple. He is cheaper and has the upside to be a similar caliber player. probably not as good but he is also 5 years younger, doesn't have an significant injury history and oh, yeah, costs 1/10 of the other guy. It is why other fans want him in return. Doesn't mean that isn't what Buffalo wants either. People are also pooping on the 3rd OA but Zegras was 9th OA. Pasternack was, what, 25th OA. It doesn't mean there aren't good players in this draft and according to reports Buffalo is very comfortable with this draft. They have probably been scouting for longer than most teams. I think the Ducks Athletic Write compiled a list of the last 10 3rd OA, a list that included Huberdeau, Draisaitl, PLD, Heiskanen, Dach and Stuztle. Sure you could also get Drouin or Galchenyuk but chances are better than 50% that you'll get a first line player with the 3rd OA.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Lol, first off i'm a long time ducks fan. Secondly, what are you gonna do when buffalo gets neither Zegras or Drysdale in the Eichel deal. Buffalo is about to get fleeced by Anaheim for Eichel, I am willing to bet lots he is a Duck.

Lol Buffalo is gonna get bent by Bob Murray
How would you know this? Murray your bf?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Why mention Powers in a discussion about an Eichel trade?

You all are being ridiculous. If you trade Jack Eichel and don't come out with the other teams best prospect, a top 5 pick and other decent pieces it is a failure ..plain and simple.

No Sabres fan should be happy with anything less...

No Sabres fan should be content with Adams allowing any team or Jack Eichel leverage in this situation. The Sabres have all the leverage if they are smart enough and brave enough to use it.

I'm mentioning Power because the Sabres have the #1 pick and he is the presumptive choice. Of course that isn't directly related to an Eichel deal, all I'm saying is that if the Sabres can regroup next year with Power, Beniers, and a haul of other assets from an Eichel deal that possibility might make it attractive to them to move on from a guy like Eichel who is the best player in the deal.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Haha .. ok.
He's right. You guys are delusional. Jack Eichel is elite. Just because the Sabres are a bad team with bad management doesn't mean Sabres fans shouldn't ask the proper price. Make no mistake, 2 top prospects + is the proper price.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Ah okay was just curious… I was very high on vilardi in his draft year and still think he’ll end up a really good player.

Yea. I mean the Sabres are gonna lose the trade regardless. But I’d prefer if it’s closer to the Duchene from Colorado trade than the ROR from Buffalo trade.

The best situation is if it’s closer to the Karlsson or Lindros trade (for the Sabres).

Reactions: rams and Getz2noone

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It also isn't the oilers lineup
They're worse.

You do realize that they had the weakest offense in the league, right? One of the weakest PP units ever.

The Ducks are a long way away from being a consistently competitive team.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'm mentioning Power because the Sabres have the #1 pick and he is the presumptive choice. Of course that isn't directly related to an Eichel deal, all I'm saying is that if the Sabres can regroup next year with Power, Beniers, and a haul of other assets from an Eichel deal that possibility might make it attractive to them to move on from a guy like Eichel who is the best player in the deal.

It doesn't make it remotely attractive.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
How does Anaheim have all the leverage? Telling Buffalo to accept shit or keep Eichel? That’s not really leverage
Except he isn't gonna stay w Buffalo because he wants out. He is exaterating the injury and not coperating w team medical bc he wants out. Buffalo won't get a Z/Laf/Byfield and anaheim has the next best asset w 3rd ov. Ur team is a self proclaimed 2021 draft experts so they likely value that pick more than they should. Then you add in our plethora of prospects and theres a deal w an added comtois. Buffalo isnt getting full value for eichel bc all teams know he wants out.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yea. I mean the Sabres are gonna lose the trade regardless. But I’d prefer if it’s closer to the Duchene from Colorado trade than the ROR from Buffalo trade.

The best situation is if it’s closer to the Karlsson or Lindros trade (for the Sabres).
Well to be fair ott really lucked out on that sharks pick, as did Colorado on duchene.
Neither pick was supposed to be top 5 or even top 10
but I agree, I’d your not getting a top prospect for you hope to get a good package of prospects picks and young nhl talent

If you want to gamble on Anaheim’s 22 pick I’m game :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad