News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
Except he isn't gonna stay w Buffalo because he wants out. He is exaterating the injury and not coperating w team medical bc he wants out. Buffalo won't get a Z/Laf/Byfield and anaheim has the next best asset w 3rd ov. Ur team is a self proclaimed 2021 draft experts so they likely value that pick more than they should. Then you add in our plethora of prospects and theres a deal w an added comtois. Buffalo isnt getting full value for eichel bc all teams know he wants out.

You do understand we don't have to trade him

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I don’t care about fleecing Buffalo I’m actually excited for the day they return to the playoffs but I just don’t see them having any leverage here unless they decide that they want to keep eichel after all ( which would be very weird at this point).

Even then, as long as their core keeps trying to escape their team they will continue to lose trades.

Reactions: JohnnyDrama

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Except he isn't gonna stay w Buffalo because he wants out. He is exaterating the injury and not coperating w team medical bc he wants out. Buffalo won't get a Z/Laf/Byfield and anaheim has the next best asset w 3rd ov. Ur team is a self proclaimed 2021 draft experts so they likely value that pick more than they should. Then you add in our plethora of prospects and theres a deal w an added comtois. Buffalo isnt getting full value for eichel bc all teams know he wants out.

Not getting full value doesn’t mean they got fleeced. Not unless the Sabres insist that the Ducks give them your 8th-14th best prospect, a 2nd, and two players you really don’t want anymore.

But I can pretty much guarantee that the picks I want (currently, let’s avoid any potential pick swaps because of trades) this year would make me look smarter than all 6 of our scouting staff combined.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I don’t care about fleecing Buffalo I’m actually excited for the day they return to the playoffs but I just don’t see them having any leverage here unless they decide that they want to keep eichel after all ( which would be very weird at this point).

Even then, as long as their core keeps trying to escape their team they will continue to lose trades.

That is definitely what they should be doing ... Sabres have all the leverage over opposing teams and Eichel.. they should not be relinquishing that.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
That is definitely what they should be doing ... Sabres have all the leverage over opposing teams and Eichel.. they should not be relinquishing that.

remember Dubois? Players have leverage. It’s not how it used to be

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Or he just floats around the whole time and lowers his value down even more which eventually forces Buffalo to trade him before teams lower their offers.

And hurts his value for cashing in on his biggest contract of his career?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
He had leverage because CBJ gave it to him. ( Don't recall Dubois contract situation at time of trade but I do know Jacks)

dubois was under contract. He asked to be traded. They didn’t.

he got on the ice and just skated in circles until they had to trade him

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020

Big "we're the smartest guys in the room" vibes from this, and the Sabres track record thus far points to them actually being the dumbest guy in the room.

We're gonna get fleeced on an Eichel trade.

The Sabres draft management are suffering from the Dunning-Krueger effect lol

Reactions: Boo Boo

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
How upset are Buffalo fans if Detroit trades Seider, Bertuzzi, Fabbri, Rasmussen and #6 overall for Eichel and Dahlin?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
dubois was under contract. He asked to be traded. They didn’t.

he got on the ice and just skated in circles until they had to trade him

Jack can skate in circles for 5 years and ruin his career and reputation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: