News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
HF logic: Lets make fun of Buffalo because they got ripped off badly in the ROR trade and couldn't even land Thomas from the Blues.

Fast Forward...

Sabres fans should once again accept less than a team's top prospect for their top center...

next step:

Propose top prospects aren't available.

Next step:

laugh at Sabres fans for not getting a top prospect.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't I suppose. Yall are nuts.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Cool except your forgot to look at it from the Sabres perspective we are losing Eichel.......the Sabres don't need to trade him now he has 5 more years this isn't a rental.
Oh but you are wrong. I am looking at it from a Sabres perspective. Like I said, YOU don't have to give up an NHL ready young C on an ELC to get Eichel. You have him.

So keep him.......

Unfortunately your owner(s) and the GM disagree with you are intent on trading him. Thus they will get whatever the best offer is. And it will be a good offer, with a high pick, a really good prospect and other things.

But it's not going to include another team's BEST prospect. If you don't like that, then enjoy Chelmsford Jack for 5 more years, as you said. So far it's been a rollicking success.

Reactions: Boo Boo

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
HF logic: Lets make fun of Buffalo because they got ripped off badly in the ROR trade and couldn't even land Thomas from the Blues.

Fast Forward...

Sabres fans should once again accept less than a team's top prospect for their top center...

next step:

Propose top prospects aren't available.

Next step:

laugh at Sabres fans for not getting a top prospect.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't I suppose. Yall are nuts.
Sabres fans.... Other teams should give up a metric ton for Jack.

Also Sabres fans: We don't have to give up anything for him and yet we are desperate to trade him with the next month.

Talk about being nuts.

Reactions: Boo Boo

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Oh but you are wrong. I am looking at it from a Sabres perspective. Like I said, YOU don't have to give up an NHL ready young C on an ELC to get Eichel. You have him.

So keep him.......

Unfortunately your owner(s) and the GM disagree with you are intent on trading him. Thus they will get whatever the best offer is. And it will be a good offer, with a high pick, a really good prospect and other things.

But it's not going to include another team's BEST prospect. If you don't like that, then enjoy Chelmsford Jack for 5 more years, as you said. So far it's been a rollicking success.

There is a lot of brinksmanship going on within the Buffalo organization and between GM's in dealing with Buffalo. We still haven't reached the point where the die has been cast. I suspect Buffalo is taking offers now with the express purpose of seeing if they can get a fair deal. If they can't, both sides will do their best to kiss and makeup. It happens all the time in high stakes situations. Buffalo will not - and literally can not afford to - be fleeced again.

rams

Feb 2, 2015
Canada
He doesn't have to be traded. No big deal if he stays, gets healthy, and is Buffalo's No. 1 going forward. Might be a few disappointed teams around the league, but it won't be the Sabres.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda

Also Sabres fans: We don't have to give up anything for him and yet we are desperate to trade him with the next month.

Talk about being nuts.

I haven't heard a single Sabres fan say we need to trade Jack.. Anyone that have watched him play would never want to trade him, but if he wants to go he should go, does not mean The Sabers should take it without lube to do so..

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I haven't heard a single Sabres fan say we need to trade Jack.. Anyone that have watched him play would never want to trade him, but if he wants to go he should go, does not mean The Sabers should take it without lube to do so..

Can we please stop with these strawmen and just agree that there are potential deals that work from LA that don't include Byfield or from ANA that don't include Zegras? There's a giant gap between that and something that would be reported to Law and Order SVU.

Reactions: DJN21

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Seguin maybe, but you definitely have to adjust up from there.
Let’s evaluate the Seguin trade and go from there. Because, even though I think there were some that thought Seguin had Hart Caliber levels he could reach, I don’t think his value is as high as Eichel, who has already produced a Hart caliber season.

Loui Eriksson: 28yo top line forward (Wing)
Reilly Smith: 22yo w/ top 6 potential (Wing)
Joe Morrow: 20yo, former 1st rounder (23OA)
Matt Fraser: more of a bottom 6 potential throw in guy

for

Seguin, Peverly (older middle 6 forward), Ryan Button (C level prospect)

I don’t think Buffalo would want a 28 year old because they’re in a vastly different spot than Boston was, but they’ll need that much value back in a single asset. Throw in a younger guy with top 6 potential and a 1st and you’re probably close the the Seguin trade in value. Now up the value because It’s Eichel.

From Minnesota’s perspective, that’s something like Fiala, Greenway, Rossi, 1st. I think Buffalo would probably prefer one really, really high end peice if they can get it, but they have to be sure that player is going to be close to an Eichel.

I would think long and hard about that trade, but I’d eventually decline. Is the difference between Rossi and Zegras really Fiala, Greenway, 1st? I don’t think so

Reactions: BFLO

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
Can we please stop with these strawmen and just agree that there are potential deals that work from LA that don't include Byfield or from ANA that don't include Zegras? There's a giant gap between that and something that would be reported to Law and Order SVU.

Maybe from La but the Ducks I can't see it sorry

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Maybe from La but the Ducks I can't see it sorry
That’s very debatable… what does a package look like from la in your opinion that is so much better? (No byfield) I just assume you prob don’t know any ducks assets outside of zegras

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I wonder if Buffalo would accept an unprotected 2022 1st in lieu of Zegras, and if Anaheim would do it. Might not be the worst bet for Buffalo given the current medicals.

Probably not without Eichel being guaranteed healthy for next season. If he does have surgery and misses a large part of next season, the Ducks aren't too much better than this season. Buffalo would probably try to negotiate that 1st being worse value than the 3rd overall so there would still be significant other pieces going to Buffalo. I don't see the Ducks trading 3rd overall+Zegras for Eichel, so it wouldn't be both 1st rounders with no protection on 22 either. Zegras realistically could be a 70 point forward, Eichel will be better than PPG... that 15-20 point difference isn't worth a 3rd overall pick which should be a very solid 2C (Beniers), 2-3 D (Hughes/Clarke/etc.), or top line winger.

Ledge And Dairy

Sabres are not getting Zegras. Guaranteed. It will be 3oa, Comtois, Dostal and a dump type of trade.
If he goes to Anaheim that is probably reasonable, just because they are reported to be talking doesn't mean other teams aren't talking as well. Just means that someone leaked that Anaheim was asking about him

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
That’s very debatable… what does a package look like from la in your opinion that is so much better? (No byfield) I just assume you prob don’t know any ducks assets outside of zegras

I know very little about all these magic beans that is part of the problem, but I listen and read guys that are a lot smarter than me that tell me if any of these guys have the potential to become a Eichel and they do not ( very good no doubt but an Eichel)

Eichel will recover and continue to be a super star in this league for a long time to come.. It's a little tough to tell Sabres fans that buy tickets and merch that we gave our franchise player away for a pick and prospect but it's ok buy those season tickets next year we promise to be better..

If Adams messes this one up I don't think there is coming back..

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

Talk about being nuts.

who is desperate? I'd keep him myself and force him to learn to be a man and a leader by surrounding with proper coaching and role players and reap the rewards of a top 10 talent in the league.

Sabres fans aren't the ones starting these proposals genius. It's other teams looking to spend 3 quarters for a dollar in return.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
No one is desperate to trade Jack. Buffalo can afford to sit and wait for an acceptable return for at least 12 months and absolutely should not rush to trade him

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
It would start with the #3 overall pick and would include a collection of players and prospects. As for your point about a player of Eichel's stature, I would normally agree if he was 100% healthy (or at least if all of this controversy was swirling around him). I think that will drive his value down a touch.

The 3rd overall is just another lottery ticket it means nothing could be the next galchenyuk .

You guys keep saying "injury "im telling you right now if it was serious no team would be trying to get him hes just trying to get out of buffalo

Reactions: rams

rams

Feb 2, 2015
Canada

When I see or hear the Sabres GM and/or owner state they are 'intent on trading him,' I will believe it. That has NOT happened yet, no matter how much you want it to happen. All they have done is accepted calls from other teams and talked. Period. That may change in the future, but right now it's just a lot of smoke.

Reactions: paulmm3

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I know very little about all these magic beans that is part of the problem, but I listen and read guys that are a lot smarter than me that tell me if any of these guys have the potential to become a Eichel and they do not ( very good no doubt but an Eichel)

Eichel will recover and continue to be a super star in this league for a long time to come.. It's a little tough to tell Sabres fans that buy tickets and merch that we gave our franchise player away for a pick and prospect but it's ok buy those season tickets next year we promise to be better..

If Adams messes this one up I don't think there is coming back..

well ya I’d agree about adams messing things up and I think if Buffalo trades eichel its prob a L based on the fact that they arnt going to get a franchise player(granted they do kinda set themselves up for savoie/lambert/wright). Even if a guy like zegras hits his ceiling, he likely doesn’t end up as good as eichel.

I think from Anaheim perspective if the cost is zegras++ , we’re better off aiming at reinhart… if another team wants to part with that type of asset…. They are welcome to do so but it’s a bad move from Anaheim perspective

Reactions: KingsOfThe805

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The 3rd overall is just another lottery ticket it means nothing could be the next galchenyuk .

You guys keep saying "injury "im telling you right now if it was serious no team would be trying to get him hes just trying to get out of buffalo
I mean zegras/drysdale are still lottery tickets, the only way you arnt getting a lottery ticket is if you find someone to trade you a 22-26 year old star player

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
Sabres are not getting Zegras. Guaranteed. It will be 3oa, Comtois, Dostal and a dump type of trade.

Eichel will put more asses in seats and sell more merch than all four of those guys combined, nothing no one in this thread has talked about yet, isn't that a pretty huge part of the hockey industry ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad