Speculation: Jack Eichel cont'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
All they need to do is lottery protect that first , LTIR eichel and bam, Wright/Eichel/Eukland as your new core. Problem solved.

I'm not sure Kevyn Adams budges on that 1st. If I was in his place I surely wouldn't. I don't know if I would pass on a chance to have 2 lotto picks. I'd do it knowing we aren't gonna be allotted another lottery win for another 5 years and I better go big or go home.

But Eichel-Wright-Eklund WOULD be sick as f*** tho... You ain't wrong about that

Ledge And Dairy

Monahan or Strome don’t help the Sabres, the package still has to be built around futures. The team getting Eichel might need to move salary but the Sabres will want assets that make sense for them. It can always be a three-way deal like the 1st Duchene trade was with Turris going to Nashville.

Plus Monahan has a 10 team no trade list and Buffalo is probably on it.
I dont think anyones questioning that the package is atound futures, its more that those players need to be involved for cap reasons

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Why would San Jose want to do this? They have way too much money in older players in their cap abd then you bring in a guy who isn’t healthy.
Yea, I don’t see the sharks as a possible Eichel destination. I don’t even see them competing until they can move some of those big bad deals, which would cost too much to do at this point
Kane/Karlsson/Burns/Couture/Jones is a lot of cap for not a lot of high end play.
98% chance Hertl is traded or goes UFA..
It’s just not a good situation there.
They should get a 1st/prospect for Hertl
Maybe trade Meier/ LeBlanc as well and try to restock on the fly and get as many 1st rd picks in the next 2 deep drafts as the possibly can

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Gotta figure the Rangers are at the fish-or-cut-bait point. I think they will either make an Eichel deal and let Mika walk after the season. Or they extend Mika and move in a more orthodox team-building path.

Reactions: bleedblue94

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
There won’t be even if there’s interest. Sharks just don’t leak. Our own beat reporters don’t even know ahead of time. If anything happens we’ll
Find out when it’s already done.
Doesn't have to be a leak from San Joses side. If I'm Buffalo I'm leaking every team that has shown interest to try to get any semblance of a bidding war I can to increase the return.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Doesn't have to be a leak from San Joses side. If I'm Buffalo I'm leaking every team that has shown interest to try to get any semblance of a bidding war I can to increase the return.

Buffalo's front office has been very tight-lipped about, well, pretty much everything since the last big housecleaning.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Buffalo's front office has been very tight-lipped about, well, pretty much everything since the last big housecleaning.
Someone somewhere is speaking about which teams are interested. Doesn't make much sense to me for the leak to be from each individual team that is inquiring.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
It'll be Meier, Merkley, Bordeleau, 2022 conditional first, 2023 second for eichel, once EK9 contract is terminated for misconduct. it's not good value, but, hey, im just the messenger.

Ledge And Dairy

FBTwmxVVgAMO1K5

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
Can teams trade a player to be named later?
If Eichel is ready to start 2022 season then the Sabres get to take a prospect from agreed upon group.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Eichel and his team have essentially set up a NTC clause for themselves by demanding the ADR and only a few teams willing to accept that surgery. Now they have developed a timeline as the surgery needs to happen ASAP not only because of the Olympics which Jack wants to attend but more importantly (apparently) there is pressure on the nerve in his neck and the longer this goes the more chance there is for complications. (Blame the Sabres) So the ADR surgery is going to happen very soon. This week? Brisson calls Eichel a depleted asset so you know that's what trade partners are offering based on. The Sabres now have only two time sensitive options: Trade Jack now for a disappointing return and end the saga OR allow the ADR to allow Jack to rebuild his value through the Olympics and a few Sabres games. Well played Jack. What a POS.

Last edited:

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Brisson calls Eichel a depleted asset so you know that's what trade partners are offering based on
Because he is. With this injury and surgeries there’s no guarantee Eichel will be 100% again.

If the injury/surgery was no big deal, then Buffalo should have no problems allowing him to get the surgery and recover so they can receive a return that’s reflective of a healthy Eichel. But that’s not the case

Buffalo wants to pass the surgery risk onto another team (which is totally fair) AND also receive compensation that represents a healthy player (which is not fair)

Things (allegedly) moving along the last week indicates to me there’s finally an adult in the room with Brisson telling your rookie GM his unrealistic expectations aren’t helping either side

Everyone already knows the Sabres have been an incompetent organization for the last decade, the return they get on Eichel isn’t going to change anyones minds one way or the other.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Because he is. With this injury and surgeries there’s no guarantee Eichel will be 100% again.

If the injury/surgery was no big deal, then Buffalo should have no problems allowing him to get the surgery and recover so they can receive a return that’s reflective of a healthy Eichel. But that’s not the case

Buffalo wants to pass the surgery risk onto another team (which is totally fair) AND also receive compensation that represents a healthy player (which is not fair)

Things (allegedly) moving along the last week indicates to me there’s finally an adult in the room with Brisson telling your rookie GM his unrealistic expectations aren’t helping either side

Everyone already knows the Sabres have been an incompetent organization for the last decade, the return they get on Eichel isn’t going to change anyones minds one way or the other.
No sh*t sherlock. Your post comes across like your 5 years old. Rangers fans post this 50 times a day. If I was the Sabres I would let him have the surgery to rebuild the value. If Brisson thinks he can play in the Olympics which is a month before the trade deadline than that is perfect. IF they decide to trade now for a crappy return then out West it is.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
No sh*t sherlock. Your post comes across like your 5 years old. Rangers fans post this 50 times a day. If I was the Sabres I would let him have the surgery to rebuild the value. If Brisson thinks he can play in the Olympics which is a month before the trade deadline than that is perfect. IF they decide to trade now for a crappy return then out West it is.
Then maybe you should stop complaining about a “crappy” return

your team made the bed, now they’re going to sleep in it

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
So add two more teams to the list that are fine with Jack’s choice of surgery. Are the Sabres trying to get a lesser return than they could? Just support Jack’s surgery choice, and get him playing in the Olympics. Then there will be a bidding war. What they are doing currently makes no sense.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So add two more teams to the list that are fine with Jack’s choice of surgery. Are the Sabres trying to get a lesser return than they could? Just support Jack’s surgery choice, and get him playing in the Olympics. Then there will be a bidding war. What they are doing currently makes no sense.
Should've done this back in June. He might already be playing. Fail to see how Eichel is a "POS" for wanting his choice of surgery on HIS neck. He is the one who has to live with the results for the rest of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad