Speculation: Jack Eichel cont'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Love to see Jack a Hab. With Price and
Weber on LTIR does Jack fit under the cap?
Is Drouin included to help balance the cap ?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He’s gonna end up in SJ I can feel it in my bones
I feel like sharks are better off sticking with eklund + high pick this year, move hertl for a solid package and I feel like San Jose jumps into a good rebuild position

Reactions: HabsQC

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yardbarker link says finally Sabes capitulating and will acknowledge some part of the return MUST be conditional.

Presumably how much that is depends on what else is in the package.

Now buf has to learn that while there may be a handful of exceptions, the rule will be no team will include a bluest blue chip elc.

Look west.

If Calgary wants to do
Monahan + w/conditions
for
Jack + w/conditions

that could solve this... maybe

And for umpteenth time:
NYR would ONLY do Strome + Geo + 2 low picks which could = 2 1sts
and that is not a smart long term move
b'c setting ? of IF IF IF Eichel returns to form and for how long,
it is not a good long term move to add a structural big single cap hitr
when NY has to
extend Fox
pay Zib or Zib plan B
be ready for elcs->rfas etc beg. next season

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
For picks?
Jack and Laine together could be incredible.
Combination of picks, prospects, and some salary like Domi, maybe? CBJ is not going to be competitive this year, so they can afford to have Eichel sit on the sidelines, as long as BUF takes on at least some salary. BUF would be happy to get a 2022 1st from CBJ, because they will probably be a mediocre to bad team this year, so are likely to have a top 10 pick.

I am not sure about Laine and Eichel. Laine is a mystery, and Eichel is now a question mark due to health.

My point is that a team in good shape is less likely to want to gamble on Eichel. A team in transition somewhat more so, though if they are fully rebuilding you'd question why they'd want to bring in a guy who is in his prime now. It has to be just the right team.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Yardbarker link says finally Sabes capitulating and will acknowledge some part of the return MUST be conditional.

Now buf has to learn that while there may be a handful of exceptions, the rule will be no team will include a bluest blue chip elc.

Look west.

If Calgary wants to do
Monahan + w/conditions
for
Jack + w/conditions

And for umpteenth time:
when NY has to
extend Fox
pay Zib or Zib plan B

No where near enough for Eichel.

This idea that Buffalo should just cave for the sake of everyone else's team is what drives most of us Sabres fans nutty. There will be compromise and that will likely include a blue chip prospect going to Buffalo. The draft picks will likely be conditioned but it will still cost high entry cost.

Reactions: Reparlana

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm getting nervous about it. I could see it happening and us getting predictably burnt again.
Tough to see a way this works for SJS. Karlsson, Burns, Couture, Kane, Vlasic, Jones, and Eichel would have a combined cap hit of 54+M, unless one of those players go back to BUF(which I can't see happening). All of those players are either done, regressing or about to regress. I think bringing in Eichel would be putting lipstick on a pig. SJS is better off going through a full rebuild, which will allow them to shed some salary and stock up on young talent. Adding Eichel would strip them of young, ELC talent.

I hate it when outsiders tell me that my team (MN), should go through a full rebuild, as I believe that tanking is overrated, and staying competitive is important to the health of a franchise, but SJS appears to be in a spot naturally where a bunch of factors have come together making a full rebuild the logical choice. They have been a really good team in the past, but things have gotten away from them recently, and some bad decisions made by the GM. Getting Eichel would be putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound. They can't afford to be losing Eklund, and one or two more top round(likely high) picks, or they will end up a poor man's Oilers.

Reactions: HarrySPlinkett

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I'm getting nervous about it. I could see it happening and us getting predictably burnt again.
I think you're over thinking this. Odds are overwhelming skewed towards Buffalo being the team that gets burnt in this deal. They're trading a franchise player that's injured and wants out. If SJ lands him your fanbase will likely lament the prospects and/or picks you guys give up and then Eichel will hit the ice and it'll be readily apparent you won the deal.

Reactions: Boo Boo

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
No where near enough for Eichel.

This idea that Buffalo should just cave for the sake of everyone else's team is what drives most of us Sabres fans nutty. There will be compromise and that will likely include a blue chip prospect going to Buffalo. The draft picks will likely be conditioned but it will still cost high entry cost.

Well at least the expectations from Sabres fans are starting to come down. The rhetoric of requiring 4-5 first round equivalents from 2 months ago is now starting to get replaced with the above.

Reactions: Yemeth and dick341

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think you're over thinking this. Odds are overwhelming skewed towards Buffalo being the team that gets burnt in this deal. They're trading a franchise player that's injured and wants out. If SJ lands him your fanbase will likely lament the prospects and/or picks you guys give up and then Eichel will hit the ice and it'll be readily apparent you won the deal.
Have you seen SJS's lineup, and their cap hits? The only reason they haven't stuck out more is because LA and the Ducks also stink, but that situation is going to change in the future. The other two CA teams have some really nice young prospects. SJS must keep Eklund, and acquire more prospects/ELC's in order to merely keep pace.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington

Look west.

If Calgary wants to do
Monahan + w/conditions
for
Jack + w/conditions

And for umpteenth time:
when NY has to
extend Fox
pay Zib or Zib plan B

A conditional pick for sure. Probably something like Laf, Kakko, Lundqvist and a conditional 2nd round pick. Schnieder is probably untouchable. Smart move on the Rangers part to move Laf and Kakko while they still hold some value after a very disappointing season.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Look west.

If Calgary wants to do
Monahan + w/conditions
for
Jack + w/conditions

And for umpteenth time:
when NY has to
extend Fox
pay Zib or Zib plan B
Monahan or Strome don’t help the Sabres, the package still has to be built around futures. The team getting Eichel might need to move salary but the Sabres will want assets that make sense for them. It can always be a three-way deal like the 1st Duchene trade was with Turris going to Nashville.

Plus Monahan has a 10 team no trade list and Buffalo is probably on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad