Jack Edwards needs to be stopped.

nnynetpotato

Sep 9, 2008
When I am king anyone who compares Jack Edwards (who is awful going back to his days of destroying USMNT telecasts with Ty Keough) to a legend like RJ will be tossed off a tall building to the ground below.
Like for remembering Jacko's execrable soccer work.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
When I am king anyone who compares Jack Edwards (who is awful going back to his days of destroying USMNT telecasts with Ty Keough) to a legend like RJ will be tossed off a tall building to the ground below.
I agree (and I'm neither a Sabres nor Bruins fan). RJ is a legend, and Edwards is an embarrassment to the good name of the Bruins' franchise.

I don't consider a broadcaster a "homer" for speaking more excitedly when the home-team does something good. That's exactly what every regional broadcaster does, and it's perfectly normal. But there is a way to call the games is to show equal respect to both sides, and to maintain professionalism at all times. I think RJ, as one example, does this perfectly. I've never, ever heard his trash-talk Buffalo's opponent or be unfair to anyone. Unlike Edwards, with his "get up and play!" and nonsense pre-planned ramble about "the free and equal states of New England".

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
Yes, Edwards is a homer employed by a network that covers the Bruins. Lots of others like him. Where are the Joe Bowen threads? Sounds like he gets an erection anytime the Leafs make a good play or pass and ejactulates anytime they score. Holy Makinaw

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Is Jack any worse than the Panthers pbp guy and his cry baby sidekick ? Jack is nuts but he is well prepared and probably knows as much about the panther line up than the 5000 fans that go to the games.
Potvin calls every game like he’s 4 drinks in and still going. Because of that, potvin comes off unprepared and aloof almost every game, especially when it comes to talking about the opponent. For those reasons he’s not well liked by the fan base. Contrary to Edwards, he doesn’t throw hissy fits every time something doesn’t go the Panthers way. He also doesn’t laugh maniacally every time an opposing player is the victim of a questionable hit. He also does acknowledge when the panthers catch a break with a call, something I think Edwards would rather die then do.

Panthers fans want a knowledgeable color commentator who calls the game with a panthers slant but still maintains a bit of objectivity. Unfortunately, potvin is at a point where he’s barely paying attention to what is happening to give knowledgeable commentary and it’s time for him to move to more of an ambassador role with the team.

As for your comment about Edwards knowledge of the panthers lineup and your unnecessary shot at the size of our fan base, kind of hard to buy that argument when he couldn’t correctly pronounce dmitry kulikov’s name for his entire tenure as a panther. Don’t even try that awful “he specifically asked how to pronounce his name” argument. It’s not true.

You can keep telling yourself that Edwards is hated because people just don’t like the bruins, but you can’t stretch that argument to the entire NHL.

Once again. I get it, you want someone who would rather jump off the green monster then ever say anything that isn’t yelled with a massive Boston slant. He fits the personality of Boston fans perfectly.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Edwards is like Trump. He’s loud and in your face and acts like a jackass. Some people like that, and some people don’t.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Potvin calls every game like he’s 4 drinks in and still going. Because of that, potvin comes off unprepared and aloof almost every game, especially when it comes to talking about the opponent. For those reasons he’s not well liked by the fan base. Contrary to Edwards, he doesn’t throw hissy fits every time something doesn’t go the Panthers way. He also doesn’t laugh maniacally every time an opposing player is the victim of a questionable hit. He also does acknowledge when the panthers catch a break with a call, something I think Edwards would rather die then do.

Panthers fans want a knowledgeable color commentator who calls the game with a panthers slant but still maintains a bit of objectivity. Unfortunately, potvin is at a point where he’s barely paying attention to what is happening to give knowledgeable commentary and it’s time for him to move to more of an ambassador role with the team.

As for your comment about Edwards knowledge of the panthers lineup and your unnecessary shot at the size of our fan base, kind of hard to buy that argument when he couldn’t correctly pronounce dmitry kulikov’s name for his entire tenure as a panther. Don’t even try that awful “he specifically asked how to pronounce his name” argument. It’s not true.

You can keep telling yourself that Edwards is hated because people just don’t like the bruins, but you can’t stretch that argument to the entire NHL.

Once again. I get it, you want someone who would rather jump off the green monster then ever say anything that isn’t yelled with a massive Boston slant. He fits the personality of Boston fans perfectly.

That fact you are this obsessed with Boston and it's personality is a little concerning. Get over it.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Jack Edwards was on the 31 Thoughts Podcast and I actually enjoyed listening to him talk. He might surprise a lot of people with how well-spoken and articulate his thoughts are compared to some of his on-air rants.

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston
Was born, and lived my whole life here(Boston). Can't stand the guy, and was so happy for game 6 when I found out it was on NBC. I figured it would be blacked out. Then i had to listen to Doc....not crazy about him either. In Boston either you love Edwards or can't stand him. I wish our radio PBP guy and him could swap(hes awesome) , but oh well...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad