Jack Edwards needs to be stopped.

Basilius

Dec 18, 2010
Massachusetts
Cusick reacted to goals against like the other team stole his wife then shot his dog.

. . . As he should.

Absolutely as he should. Jack Edwards reacts to the opposition scoring the same way as when the Bruins score (excitement), which is confusing and angering as a Bruins fan.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
On the last 31 Thoughts podcast kind of sort of apologized for his maniacal laugh after Lucic boarded Randy Jones in 2009.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I still think anything he said on tonight's game will be hard to compare with 'HEARTS OF LIONS! With the point of the dagger at their throats, they rip it out of Toronto's hand and kill the beast!"

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Obviously a bruin homer, but he does call the game with emotion on both sides which is cool.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I have to admit that I have never listened to him, but if he is as big of a homer as is suggested, I like him. When I listen or watch a game I want a homer. It is the main reason why I love Joe Bowen.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
When I watch my team play, I prefer a homer announcer that is on my side. Also, I want an announcer that gets excited, yells and goes bananas when something big is happening. There is nothing worse than a boring, dull announcers, especially since I usually watch the games in the middle of the night, so I need all the help I can get to stay awake. Jack Edwards is my favorite, if you don't want a homer, why are you watching the game on the Bruins' network? Besides, even though he is a homer, he yells excitedly every time the other team scores. Not many local announcers do that.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
If there are so many homer announcers out there, why is a Edwards the one who gets singled out so much? We don’t see threads on other homer announcers as much as we do with him.

I’ll let you guys try to figure it out.

Reactions: NeelyWasAWarrior

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
If there are so many homer announcers out there, why is a Edwards the one who gets singled out so much? We don’t see threads on other homer announcers as much as we do with him.

I’ll let you guys try to figure it out.

because Bruins.

The 2 biggest and most vocal fanbases in hockey hate our guts (Toronto, Montreal). So of course they're gonna make thread after thread hating on someone that is a Bruins homer. Complain about it enough and others start buying into it too, especially when they only watch edited clips instead of a full telecast.

The other huge homers (cough cough Steigerwald and Jeanneret) dont get talked about as much because frankly no one cares about them

Reactions: NeelyWasAWarrior

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
because Bruins.

The 2 biggest and most vocal fanbases in hockey hate our guts (Toronto, Montreal). So of course they're gonna make thread after thread hating on someone that is a Bruins homer. Complain about it enough and others start buying into it too, especially when they only watch edited clips instead of a full telecast.

The other huge homers (cough cough Steigerwald and Jeanneret) dont get talked about as much because frankly no one cares about them

No, that’s not it. Edwards doesn’t get flack for being a homer, it’s for being an unprofessional lunatic who can’t control his emotions.

What other announcer laughs like a maniac like he did when Jones got hit from behind? The guy is a sociopath.

That rant against the refs in a game in Toronto is a perfect example. Who else does that? Have you ever heard a rant that was so over the top like that from a local broadcaster?

You know who is an even bigger homer? Mickey Redmond for the Wings. Good lord is he a homer, but he’s not out of control like Edwards is. He doesn’t rant and rave and jump up and down when he doesn’t get his way.

I don’t even hate Edwards believe it or not. I think he’s a good broadcaster, but man, he’s so unprofessional.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
because Bruins.

There have been fan bases from all across the NHL who have said they hate Edwards. He’s a clown. But like I have said multiple times itt. The Boston fan base wants an over the top clown calling their games. So you are getting exactly what you want and he is doing exactly the job he is asked to do.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Edwards is more than fine. Compare that to Brownilson here in Ottawa, who have the same monotone until Brown goes "Scramble!" then they make fan fiction about the crowd. Get excited, get homeriffic, get indignant at every perceived slight. You announce for the home team, if you're not a little frothing-at-the-mouth, why are you there?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Jack calling a non-Bruins game is great. Just an excited dude calling hockey. I can understand how watching him call the Bruins as a non-Bruins fan would be annoying. He does to a better job that most announcers at calling out great stuff by the other team.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
This is the guy that compared an ot game seven win against the lower seeded hab to the revolutionary war.

This is a step up is what I'm saying....

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Yeah he would have a great career if he picked on everything Bruin as a regional play by play guy employed by NESN. What's next, lets pick on the cab drivers or MacDonald servers in Boston?

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
There have been fan bases from all across the NHL who have said they hate Edwards. He’s a clown. But like I have said multiple times itt. The Boston fan base wants an over the top clown calling their games. So you are getting exactly what you want and he is doing exactly the job he is asked to do.

Is Jack any worse than the Panthers pbp guy and his cry baby sidekick ? Jack is nuts but he is well prepared and probably knows as much about the panther line up than the 5000 fans that go to the games.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
because Bruins.

When I am king anyone who compares Jack Edwards (who is awful going back to his days of destroying USMNT telecasts with Ty Keough) to a legend like RJ will be tossed off a tall building to the ground below.

Reactions: nnynetpotato

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
And for RJ: Even though he has been repeatedly asked to do a national broadcast he always turns it down because he bleeds blue and gold and doesn't think it would be fair to the other team. So basically while he's a homer he's also an honorable guy.

37Bergenov14

Jul 14, 2016
I of course do think he went over the top, as he is certainly prone to do, but some of the comments in this thread are frustrating. On the whole, I like him as a commentator because he gets genuinely excited about ANY good hockey play, regardless of the team. He's even been known pretty regularly to criticize his own team/compliment the other. Its just that the only clips that get attention are the ones where he lets his emotion get the better of him (which is perhaps more than should happen, but still not as common as people make them out to be).

Also, he would be the first to admit he never played the game and tends to caveat a lot of what he says noting he is just a fan/bystander.

He does go overboard, to the point that I've even said "oh cmon now Jack" on more than a few occasions, but his passion for the game makes for good entertainment most times. Dont see his overall body of work as a bad thing given that he is a REGIONAL pbp announcer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad