Speculation: Ivan Provorov Trade Discourse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The irony of the cancel culture that insists that everyone follow their positions as a bastion of inclusion for all. That in itself is a facist approach, follow our doctrine or be gone. I can get along with liberals and Trumpers because I respect everyone's right to their own opinion.

I don't respect an opinion that the LGBTQ community is unholy and bad and lesser than. That's the belief Provorov has due to his "Russian Orthodox religion." That's not an opinion worthy of respect if you're a decent person that believes in equality for all.

Let's put it this way. Imagine if you were forced to wear a cross in warm up. And I mean "the Cross" to promote Christianity. What happens if someone opted out? Would we be okay with that? If you are okay with him not being forced to wear a cross, then the same should apply to another thing that not everyone believes in.

There were 5 players on the Tampa Bay Rays last year that didn't wear the pride ball cap last year either. The world survived. This is just all political nonsense, and we watch sports to ESCAPE political nonsense.

We are allowed to discuss Provorov being a prejudiced asshole, just like Tampa Bay fans had the option to last year at the time.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
Good for Provorov. Too many on here only see things one way. The guy has no ill will towards the LGBT community; why should he be enforced to showcase/advocate for them. By all means, he is free to do as he wishes.
He can. He still played. No one took his rights away. He’s just being criticized.

I think people are also looking into this on how the organization put him on an island for his decision and didn’t really offer him much protection.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
I don't respect an opinion that the LGBTQ community is unholy and bad and lesser than. That's the belief Provorov has due to his "Russian Orthodox religion." That's not an opinion worthy of respect if you're a decent person .
Did Provorov tell you that's how he feels, or is it you automatic assumption since he didn't back the event?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Just fair warning for the outsiders that are coming to this thread because the main board doesn’t allow it… I have a very itchy trigger finger.

Great post.

Deletions.

Gene-Wilder.gif

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Just because someone cites 'religious beliefs' doesn't mean they get to not be criticized. There are countries in this world where 'religious beliefs' means that a raped woman can be stoned to death to regain 'honor' for the family.

There are countries in this world where 'religious beliefs' means a 10 year old child can be married to a 30 year old man.

There are countries in this world where 'religious beliefs' means girls are not offered the same educational opportunities as boys.

We are not very far removed in the United States from states having laws making it illegal for INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE and one of the main arguments was saying the Bible preached against 'race mixing'.

So no. Just because someone states 'religious beliefs' does not mean you have to go 'well agree to disagree, but I won't say anything else.'

Just because someone attempts to cloak themselves in 'religious beliefs' does not mean you can not criticize injustice behind those beliefs.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I'm sorry, what part of what I said was about compelled speech? I'm not sure what your point is.
Wear this jersey in support of this cause the corporate feudal overlords support. No authority is higher. The only thing more hypocritical than a religious organization is a corporate entity trying to sell merchandise.

If you want to support buy it and wear it but I won't consider you homophobic if you don't

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just because someone cites 'religious beliefs' doesn't mean they get to not be criticized. There are countries in this world where 'religious beliefs' means that a raped woman can be stoned to death to regain 'honor' for the family.

There are countries in this world where 'religious beliefs' means a 10 year old child can be married to a 30 year old man.

There are countries in this world where 'religious beliefs' means girls are not offered the same educational opportunities as boys.

We are not very far removed in the United States from states having laws making it illegal for INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE and one of the main arguments was saying the Bible preached against 'race mixing'.

So no. Just because someone states 'religious beliefs' does not mean you have to go 'well agree to disagree, but I won't say anything else.'

Just because someone attempts to cloak themselves in 'religious beliefs' does not mean you can not criticize injustice behind those beliefs.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
New thread:

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The Texas A&M fansite Texags is the Ninth Internet Circle of Hell. They do have a Politics board where you can enjoy topics such as discussions about how 1987's Predator had an ethnically diverse cast and no one made a big deal out of it. And also which grenade launchers they used. It's currently pushing 100 posts.

Every internet college football discussion locale is the second worst place on the internet. The worst places are anywhere that circumcision debates are happening.

Third worst is the playoffs board here if Montreal and Boston play one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad