Speculation: Ivan Provorov Trade Discourse

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It was only a matter of time before this surfaced as the Flyers figure out who the next guy is that is ‘the problem’ but truth is that it’s not new.

Today, Provorov surfaced on 32 Thoughts, so it’s going to illicit more attention (6:46), and signal how the franchise is moving forward

Friedman and Marek speculate, but only that, that he would be a good fit in Winnipeg. There’s words like ‘frustration’ on both ends both with the player and the team (which is again not really new), but with 2 years left, it’s nearing time to move on from each other, and make it more likely for him to flourish. Also, whatever happens here will set the course for future direction of the team.

They’ve mentioned a few times this year that people inside the building are running out of ways to not-full scale rebuild. Shocker!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It was only a matter of time before this surfaced as the Flyers figure out who the next guy is that is ‘the problem’ but truth is that it’s not new.

Today, he surfaced on 32 Thoughts, so it’s going to illicit more attention (6:46)

Friedman and Marek speculate, but only that, that he would be a good fit in Winnipeg. There’s words like ‘frustration’ on both ends both with the player and the team (which is again not really new), but with 2 years left, it’s nearing time to move on from each other, and make it more likely for him to flourish. Also, whatever happens here will set the course for future direction of the team.

They’ve mentioned a few times this year that people inside the building are running out of ways to not-full scale rebuild. Shocker!

I thought they WERE rebuilding.

Oops.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Rebuild?! We are simply mixing the water into the rock and sand to begin to pour the footers of the foundation. We are doing it in small craft artesian batches powered by xfinity...it may take a while...or not, they may just hold off another 10 years

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Been calling for this for a while. Thankfully Friedman is finally on board.

Sanheim and York can be the top two LHD on the team for the foreseeable future. Let some other team be on the hook for giving 28 year old Ivan Provorov 8x $8m. Maybe some team in Russia.
I think it’s the first time since the start of the season they’ve talked about him, but they brought him up last year too before the trade deadline (they talked about the Blues), so we’re going back a year here. Friedman does admit it’s been tough for him to pin down, so he clearly could’ve mentioned it more but doesn’t want to get radioed.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I think it’s the first time since the start of the season they’ve talked about him, but they brought him up last year too before the trade deadline (they talked about the Blues), so we’re going back a year here. Friedman does admit it’s been tough for him to pin down, so he clearly could’ve mentioned it more but doesn’t want to get radioed.
Provy wasnt very happy at the end of last season if i remember correctly there was a bunch of chatter that he doesn't want to be in Philly.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Discussion of Winnipeg's prospect pool will be some of the worst posting you've ever seen in your life. It's time to suit up.

Their first two 2022 picks alone will turn this into a shitshow.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He's only got a few minutes in PP TOI since York was called up, so it makes sense he wants to go elsewhere and be the #1 PP QB again, heh. Maybe Risto wants to be traded for the same reason. :laugh:

TD - 2 PPP in 26:04
York - 0 PPP in 19:56
Sanheim - 1 PPP in 13:49
Provorov - 0 PPP in 3:50
Risto - 0 PPP in 1:48

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Provy wasnt very happy at the end of last season if i remember correctly there was a bunch of chatter that he doesn't want to be in Philly.
He hasn’t been happy for a long time, and not many other people have based on how much you believe in what you hear.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Shame they let the whole league see how mediocre he really has been for the past two years. If only they had capitalized on it BEFORE then...
Would you want the GM who is proactive and sells before the assets are proven to be average? Or would you want the GM to sell at a loss?

Darn you @Young Sandwich I'm stealing this bit now.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Since the bubble, the Flyers are 27th= in the NHL with a .438 P%.

32nd in Net PP% at 11.5.

29th in Net PK% at 77.5.

And, of course, Provorov has the most ice time on the team in that 178 game sample. No one should be happy with that situation.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
And here we sit, waiting for a change in GM before we even have a prayer of getting value out of this player we desperately need to trade.

Here's the dilemma for me. Do we hold onto him as a potential cog in the Lindros Package we put together for Bedard, or do we get rid of him ASAP so I don't have to ever see him again? Tough one.
Chuck's in no hurry. He has nothing to fear, no one breathing down his neck.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Being a Winnipeg guy and all , Provo would fit in nicely . The problem for Winnipeg is cap space and their prospect pool for a return on Provo ain't great either .

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I always felt like Provorov for Boeser made sense. Boeser can take JVR’s role, the Canucks obviously soured on him in short order, they want a D, Provorov can play next to Quinn Hughes. The cap hits match. The ages match. And the Canucks are desperate to do things. I feel like that’s the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad