Speculation: Ivan Provorov Trade Discourse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Wonder how many of the guys in the room feel ok with what he did and said last night? I’m sure that some of the players have friends and relatives that are LGBTQ. Can’t see his act going down easy with them. Sometimes for tranquility’s sake it’s best to shut up and go with the flow. Doing what Provorov did last night would make me a bit uneasy about having him for a teammate. Are they going to have his back if he doesn’t have theirs?

I'm guessing at least one of his teammates has his back on this topic. The one they moved 3 picks for.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
He’s kind of a dingus that can’t read the room. Add that to the fact that he’s not performing up to his contract and the fans are gonna come after him.

Reactions: Rebels57

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
What topics do the Flyers board struggle with?
all-of-them-kevin-hart.gif

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
what a shitshow this franchise is. the curse of the Flyers top 10 picks continues. Couts and Patrick with injuries, now Provy with this garbage. can't ever catch a break with anything.

i can't wait for what disaster will eventually follow Cutter Gauthier.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Good for Provorov. Too many on here only see things one way. The guy has no ill will towards the LGBT community; why should he be enforced to showcase/advocate for them. By all means, he is free to do as he wishes.

Reactions: marcsson68

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Torts just said on radio (97.5) after game the entire locker room talked for fifteen to twenty minutes with each other and staff included. He said that Provorov spoke openly explaining why he did what he did. He also said that Laughton spoke. He doesn’t believe that any locker room issues will occur.

He also has dug in in support of Provorov stating that he’s “proud” of Provorov for being true to himself and he doesn’t believe that anyone should be forcing thoughts or things on anyone.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Wonder how many of the guys in the room feel ok with what he did and said last night? I’m sure that some of the players have friends and relatives that are LGBTQ. Can’t see his act going down easy with them. Sometimes for tranquility’s sake it’s best to shut up and go with the flow. Doing what Provorov did last night would make me a bit uneasy about having him for a teammate. Are they going to have his back if he doesn’t have theirs?
I can't see it being a big deal other than the media.
It's not like he went to the media and blasted the team for Pride Day.
He just didn't want to participate.

If you want to work with more than 2 self-selected people, you have to get comfortable with people who don't think like you - doesn't mean they'll be your BFF, but you learn to get along.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Good for Provorov. Too many on here only see things one way. The guy has no ill will towards the LGBT community; why should he be enforced to showcase/advocate for them. By all means, he is free to do as he wishes.

If he didn't have ill will towards them, he wouldn't have mentioned his "religious beliefs" and he wouldn't have a problem supporting the cause. He does have ill will. That makes him a bigot, and an asshole.

what a shitshow this franchise is. the curse of the Flyers top 10 picks continues. Couts and Patrick with injuries, now Provy with this garbage. can't ever catch a break with anything.

i can't wait for what disaster will eventually follow Cutter Gauthier.

It really f***ing sucks, doesn't it?

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Torts just said on radio (97.5) after game the entire locker room talked for fifteen to twenty minutes with each other and staff included. He said that Provorov spoke openly explaining why he did what he did. He also said that Laughton spoke. He doesn’t believe that any locker room issues will occur.

He also has dug in in support of Provorov stating that he’s “proud” of Provorov for being true to himself and he doesn’t believe that anyone should be forcing thoughts or things on anyone.
Well obviously nothing was/is being forced on him. Everyone is just calling him out for being the asshole he is.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
If he didn't have ill will towards them, he wouldn't have mentioned his "religious beliefs" and he wouldn't have a problem supporting the cause. He does have ill will. That makes him a bigot, and an asshole.

It really f***ing sucks, doesn't it?
Even if he doesn't have I'll will towards them (he may or may not, I don't know), he still comes off as a right asshole.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Stuff like this makes me miss the ol' Politics board.

Behind the Yahoo.com comments section that was the most toxic/entertaining place on the internet.

The Texas A&M fansite Texags is the Ninth Internet Circle of Hell. They do have a Politics board where you can enjoy topics such as discussions about how 1987's Predator had an ethnically diverse cast and no one made a big deal out of it. And also which grenade launchers they used. It's currently pushing 100 posts.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just listened to Snow the Goalie (I’ll try to make it around to all of them), Anthony seemed pretty clear that this was not something that surprised anyone and knew this could happen. Russ made a quick note (12:30) that they didn’t elaborate further insinuating the possibility existed where the Flyers had planned to do wear the jerseys last year ‘maybe due in part because they didn’t have everybody on board.’ Chris Therien was particularly animated because it forced the rest of the team to answer for him, when he said very little and made it about himself, while being clear that it’s still his right. Also some discussion about how he’s a ‘lone wolf’ on the team who puts himself inside a box.

Reactions: Rebels57

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
The irony of the cancel culture that insists that everyone follow their positions as a bastion of inclusion for all. That in itself is a facist approach, follow our doctrine or be gone. I can get along with liberals and Trumpers because I respect everyone's right to their own opinion.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
This is what actual fascism looks like; trying to demonize minorities into non existence.

Yana and Yaroslava, both self-employed marketing workers, are raising their child in Russia’s second-largest city of St. Petersburg. Both lesbians, they have asked not to disclose their last names for security reasons.

“Our mere existence is illegal for our state and even for our child,” Yaroslava said.

“According to the law, we are people of non-traditional sexual orientation and children should not see us or that we exist at all. Our son sees us. By that logic, our very existence is ‘propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations’ within our family. That means we are illegal.”

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Unsurprisingly, Torts is a piece of shit too. Not that we didn't already know that.

As I said, the Flyers will bury this. They have already broken ground.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
"But-but-but his religious beliefs!"

Its crazy to me how many grown men don't intuitively understand the 'paradox of tolerance.'

No, people don't have to baby you because of your intolerant beliefs, and no, calling you out for the prick that you are is not being intolerant to you. Literal children can understand this shit. Its f***ing embarassing to see people whine like this.

Always fun to come back and check this place out when there is drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad