Speculation: Ivan Provorov Trade Discourse Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Fair Warning To Outsiders Attempting To Turn The Flyers Board Into The Main Boards… You’re Going To Have A Bad Time.

ANY AND ALL OUTSIDERS ARE REQUIRED TO ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS BEFORE POSTS MADE WILL BE RESPONDED TO BY FLYERS POSTERS:

1) What locker room talk have you experienced that would make us stroke out in three minutes?
2) Do you have your adenoids, yes or no?
3) Is a Hot Dog a sandwich?
4) Who is your favorite player?
5) Have you or anyone in your family participated in leaving YouTube comments?

* Board Moderators reserve the right to add or remove questions at any time at their sole discretion. Simply answering the above questions does not grant poster the ability to post whatever they want.

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
What are you talking about, man?

There are obviously adult themed events that children shouldn't attend and that includes some shows that involve drag. That's not my issue with your posts I quoted.

"Exposing children to drag" is an extremely vague statement that can only be problematic for those that take issue with people who dress in drag, sexualized or not. How are you not getting that?
I’m not sure what you’re missing, unless you are being intentionally daft to pretend I’m talking about showing kids Mrs. Doubtfire instead of drag shows.

I could break it down this way:

Isn’t it true that some “Pride”-inspired events have involved drag queen performances to child audiences, such as but not limited to school events?

Is a person automatically a “homophobe” or “bigot” if they do not believe drag shows to children should be part of “Pride”/LGBTQ activities?

Should a person be forced to participate in & promote a Pride event if they do not feel comfortable with how the Pride movement is being used in some situations, such as drag shows at schools?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I’m not sure what you’re missing, unless you are being intentionally daft to pretend I’m talking about showing kids Mrs. Doubtfire instead of drag shows.

Isn’t it true that some “Pride”-inspired events have involved drag queen performances to child audiences, such as but not limited to school events?

Is a person automatically a “homophobe” or “bigot” if they do not believe drag shows to children should be part of “Pride”/LGBTQ activities?

Should a person be forced to participate in & promote a Pride event if they do not feel comfortable with how the Pride movement is being used in some situations, such as drag shows at schools?

Make a list of drag shows for children. Let's see it. Let's see this society-crushing problem that Provorov is bravely standing against in his quest to represent a Church that seeks legal oppression for LGBT groups.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We can start with Ancient China. In Peking Opera, female roles (the “dan”) are played by men. Yada yada yada, communism.

I do like these butterfly effects. Justin II decides to sever Constanintople's treaties and destroys the established world order, yada yada Arab Empire yada yada yada it's not Zoroastrian extremists flying planes into buildings on 9/11. Helped along by Russia deciding they want cheaper tea in the 1860s.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
We can just as easily move to another hypo:

Say someone reads the recent article about the gay couple who were heavily involved in Pride activism, & were arrested for molesting their adopted sons & pimping them to a prostitution ring.

Awful story, certainly not representative of the whole.

That said, what if someone who is pro gay rights & sexual choice, but disturbed by the story, decides he doesn’t feel comfortable participating in & promoting a Pride event in its wake. So he decides to sit it out. Does that make him a bigot?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Say someone reads the recent article about the gay couple who were heavily involved in Pride activism, & were arrested for molesting their adopted sons & pimping them to a prostitution ring.

That said, what if someone who is pro gay rights & sexual choice, but disturbed by the story, decides he doesn’t feel comfortable participating in & promoting a Pride event in its wake. So he decides to sit it out. Does that make him a bigot?

That isn't what he cited. He cited a religious belief system that enthusiastically promotes and supports laws that actively oppress LGBT groups.

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Without a trace of irony, you've just argued for the elimination of children partaking in all movies, all tv shows, all books, all websites, all photographs, all daguerrotypes, all tintypes, all paintings, all engravings, all etchings, all cartoons, all plays, all musicals, and shadow puppetry.
Yes. I support this. 100% yes.

Kids are always the worst part of every single show/movie/anything. f***ing annoying little shits.

Children should not be heard, seen, spoken about, referenced, or acknowledged as existing in any form.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

200w (1).gif

I couldn't have been more clear with what I take issue with from what you posted.

With respect to the Provy discussion, he chose to sit out an event designed to promote inclusivity in the NHL. Full stop.

Pride nights are still important in 2023 because the NHL is still not fully inclusive in 2023. Full stop.

So, yeah, Provy should have participated if he shares the belief that the NHL is for everyone with the talent to get there. Full stop.

I'm not going anywhere near the "Pride movement being used in some situations" straw man... and I don't have a clue about what you're talking about referencing drag shows to child audiences or at school events.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Yes. I support this. 100% yes.

Kids are always the worst part of every single show/movie/anything. f***ing annoying little shits.

Children should not be heard, seen, spoken about, referenced, or acknowledged as existing in any form.

So are we putting them in sensory deprivation tanks for 18 years or are we now hatching adults from eggs?

I think either can work, but one requires a lot more R&D money.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

Yes?

If the guy equated the molesting to the molesters being gay instead of the molesters being human monsters, then, yes, he's used bigoted reasoning.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
smCzfKd.gif

I am going to give you a really, really important life lesson here: Tucker Carlson isn't real. Take that to heart and join us in the real world to start making any sense.

Also, Provorov is citing a belief system that actively endorses, supports, and lobbies for stripping rights (especially free expression) from LGBT causes, so why are you promoting him as a free speech champion? Or is it not actually about free speech? Is it actually about a non-existent issue involving children?

• Love
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad