Pre-Game Talk: It's official: Leafs vs Bruins [Game 1 on Wed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Chara is hardly impossible to wear down.

The man is 36 years old.

The problem is that only one or two players on our team have the balls to hit Chara every time he has the puck:

Komarov and Kulemin.

Gauranteed Komarov goads him into at least one retaliation penalty if not more.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Chara is hardly impossible to wear down.

The man is 36 years old.

The problem is that only one or two players on our team have the balls to hit Chara every time he has the puck:

Komarov and Kulemin.

i think the person hitting Chara often gets hurt more than Chara does. the guy is a monster. i think we should just avoid hitting Chara all together and focus our hitting on their other players.

we're just going to injure ourselves and wear ourselves down if we target Chara.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Double shift Kessel with the 4th line, try to sneak him on the ice, if he can get on the ice when Chara isn't on then that's good, if not then he will have 2 goons on his wings who are willing to hit Chara and wear him down

:cry: GOD WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO, Chara is gonna shut down Kessel

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
i was probably the only leaf fan that wanted this matchup after we whomped the habs a few weeks ago.

habs may have won the division, but they are far from the best team in it.

im so excited for this.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I don't really get some of these coaching decisions. This is completely egregious that Kostka is going to start over Gardiner or O'Byrne. Just play the better players.

i actually don't think Kostka is all that bad... and i think he could become a descent player going forward. it's his first NHL season after all. it's not like he's andy wozniewski or anything.

but i do think he's our 7th or 8th best defender at the moment and probably shouldn't be playing in the playoffs.

stish

So I just got off reading the Bruin's board and I'm struck by something. Most of their fans from Boston area are quite normal fans; reasonable, having fun, etc. But their fans from Toronto area and, lol, even Winnipeg, seem to be kind of rude and childish. Very interesting.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
So I just got off reading the Bruin's board and I'm struck by something. Most of their fans from Boston area are quite normal fans; reasonable, having fun, etc. But their fans from Toronto area and, lol, even Winnipeg, seem to be kind of rude and childish. Very interesting.

You have to remember that those Bruins fans from Canada are really just Canucks, Habs, and Jets fans in disguise.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Double shift Kessel with the 4th line, try to sneak him on the ice, if he can get on the ice when Chara isn't on then that's good, if not then he will have 2 goons on his wings who are willing to hit Chara and wear him down

He needs a new number and a little super-Mario mustashe

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
An elite player like lupul can make a huge difference in a season series consisting solely if one goal games.

especially since the chara-kessel matchup is so key for boston, ,while lupul is the leafs best antidote to that matchup.

I'm being a realist zeke. Most of you guys are being optimistic. I don't see anything wrong with either side. Shots for, shots against, goaltending, fenwick, their top 6 group (I know their underacheiving at the moment, but they're more skilled and better rounded), etc all favour the Bruins. It's clear we're at a disadvantage are the underdogs. Aside from the Minnessota Wild, we're the 2nd likely underdogs in the playoffs.

Leafs have a chance if Reimer stands on his head, Kessel becomes a man, and the team stops with it's giveaways and turnovers. Turnovers and the giveaways are number 1 reason that may cost this team the series.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Bergeron and Chara are the Bruins in my opinion, Thomas was also before he left.

If I have a strategy to beat the Bruins, it would be to wear these 2 down in games 1-4, the longer the series goes I think we can gain an advantage over the Bruins.

I respect you guys, but this is war, and we have to hit Chara and Bergy every chance we get to win. No mercy in the NHL playoffs, you ain't playing the smurfy backstabbers of Quebeqois.

Wearing down a prison wall with a toothpick would be comparatively easier than trying to wear down the man-mountain.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Wearing down a prison wall with a toothpick would be comparatively easier than trying to wear down the man-mountain.

Leafs used to beat Ottawa regularily in the playoffs, and Chara and Redden were not 35 and 36 years old.

You don't have to hit them on their ***** but each hit will wear down a big man. Its like cutting down a tree, Chara is not immortal.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO

put mclearn or orr on left wing with kessel, let them hit chara, or fight him take him off the ice for 5 min at a time:nod:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
"Fake tough" guys do not fight over 45 times in their careers and hit as hard as Phaneuf does.

What inaccurate comment? You're just one of the many whiners here right now and it would be much better for if you guys collectively cheered for the unbeatable Bruins.

I am not scared of these Bruins. The Leafs had a VERY good season, and are in the 5th seed for a reason. Why should Boston manhandle us? Who cares what happened in the regular season 2 years ago? I don't care what the doubters say, they have been doubting the Leafs all season long. The Leafs will continue to prove them wrong.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Leafs used to beat Ottawa regularily in the playoffs, and Chara and Redden were not 35 and 36 years old.

You don't have to hit them on their ***** but each hit will wear down a big man. Its like cutting down a tree, Chara is not immortal.

The ability or lack of ability from the Leafs part to sustain an offensive cycle forcing Boston to play more D then they like will ultimately be the deciding factor of this series not if they hit Chara.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

That Ottawa team was super fragile mentally, and had limited experience of success in the playoffs every time they come up against the Leafs. Recall that their run to the cup final came after the many years they got dumped by the Leafs.

And that Chara is not the same Chara that we are seeing now. Cup winner, bags of experience, etc etc

I'm not saying he's immortal, just that he's hard to wear down and beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad