Pre-Game Talk: It's official: Leafs vs Bruins [Game 1 on Wed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Tbh I think losing Bergy really is more of a hit then Chara/Lucic.

Bergeron and Chara are the Bruins in my opinion, Thomas was also before he left.

If I have a strategy to beat the Bruins, it would be to wear these 2 down in games 1-4, the longer the series goes I think we can gain an advantage over the Bruins.

I respect you guys, but this is war, and we have to hit Chara and Bergy every chance we get to win. No mercy in the NHL playoffs, you ain't playing the smurfy backstabbers of Quebeqois.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Bergeron and Chara are the Bruins in my opinion, Thomas was also before he left.

If I have a strategy to beat the Bruins, it would be to wear these 2 down in games 1-4, the longer the series goes I think we can gain an advantage over the Bruins.

I respect you guys, but this is war, and we have to hit Chara and Bergy every chance we get to win. No mercy in the NHL playoffs, you ain't playing the smurfy backstabbers of Quebeqois.

Agreed, but those two are nearly impossible to wear down :cry:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

Yup, if I was an NHL player playing for the Leafs, that's what I would think would be the best option. And make sure to go glove-high on Tuukka.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
You aren't the only one. I'm not really sure what, if anything, Kostka offers over the guys that he's in the lineup in place of.
He's more charitable to Randy and the opposition. That's the only thing I can think of.

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
Costco can't start.

I figured the reason he was getting so much ice time was so that we could try and dish him for a prospect at the trade deadline. Now everytime he dresses it just baffles me.

ROB or Gardiner...

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I wouldn't expect Kostka to dress, O'Bryne will play with Liles.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
Kostka is terrible...why he gets time on the powerplay just boggles my ***** mind. The best you can hope for from him is a chip off the boards which is just going to feed into Boston's puck possession even more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Randy Carlyle was singing praises of Kostka before the Habs game...

It would not surprise me if he plays. It's going to SUCK seeing him on the ice.

We're already the underdog...why not ice a better lineup when it's in our power to do so?

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Randy Carlyle was singing praises of Kostka before the Habs game...

It would not surprise me if he plays. It's going to SUCK seeing him on the ice.

We're already the underdog...why not ice a better lineup when it's in our power to do so?

I don't really get some of these coaching decisions. This is completely egregious that Kostka is going to start over Gardiner or O'Byrne. Just play the better players.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Agreed, but those two are nearly impossible to wear down :cry:

Chara is hardly impossible to wear down.

The man is 36 years old.

The problem is that only one or two players on our team have the balls to hit Chara every time he has the puck:

Komarov and Kulemin.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
No I'm not. Yeah this matchup with the Bruins is not ideal but it is what it is. The Leafs did play better than the Bruins in that March 7th game, and probably deserved a better outcome in their shootout loss on the 25th of March. The Bruins outplayed the Leafs in the only game the Leafs won, and probably deserved a better outcome there as well. I'm not saying the Leafs are going to win this series but I sure as heck don't think this team is just going to roll over and die in front of our eyes.

Neither do I... Ultimately with all this talk that some are saying about toughness being a factor. I don't see that at all. It's Between the Leafs opportunistic offense and Boston's cycle game and who's goalie holds the fort better to what they face.

Rask is a good goalie he wont be easy to beat that means the Leafs have to improve big time with there offensive game and spend more time in the offensive zone then they have through out the year and force Boston to play D more. If they do that they got a chance but that wont happen if the D doesn't have the green light to be part of the cycle.

Rope & dope plays right into Boston's strengths. There D while many think the D zone structure of the Leafs is bad that's not true Boston is worst then the Leafs at this but there cycle game is so good they spend more time in the offensive zone wearing teams down then they do playing D. The Leafs need to flip the script on them other wise it comes down to Reimer stealing the series and Rask tanks.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Chara is hardly impossible to wear down.

The man is 36 years old.

The problem is that only one or two players on our team have the balls to hit Chara every time he has the puck:

Komarov and Kulemin.
The man is the biggest player in NHL history and rarely gets injured, he is NEARLY (note that's the word preceeding impossible) impossible to wear down.

And while I admire Komarov's guts more than anyone on this team, he bounces off Chara like pinball, despite his efforts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad