Pre-Game Talk: It's official: Leafs vs Bruins [Game 1 on Wed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
You take Chara and Lucic away from the Bruins, they are hardly big or bad.

I think our present team is tougher player to player than the Bruins, we might be the ones doing the pushing this series, infact I expect it.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

I think our present team is tougher player to player than the Bruins, we might be the ones doing the pushing this series, infact I expect it.

Tbh I think losing Bergy really is more of a hit then Chara/Lucic.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
All we are hearing is the stuff from last year which is stupid. All 4 games this year were close.

That's not all your hearing, you and others just ignore the match up... Fact the Leafs are a lousy cycle team with there offensive zone play, fact the Bruins are one of the best cycles teams in the league with solid goaltending that could nullify the opportunistic offense of the Leafs. Rope & dope wont work vs Boston. The way the Leafs are structured to play with very little of a green light for the D to join the attack or worst don't dress the best puck moving D men the Leafs have (Gardiner) plays right into the strength of Boston's game that will wear the Leafs down. The Leafs have to some how turn the fortunes and start spending more time in the offensive zone and they can't do that without an active D.

If the strategy doesn't change Reimer will have to be 1st. 2nd, and 3rd star of the series for the Leafs to win and hope Rask becomes Lalime of Ottawa years past;).

I hope I'm wrong. I hope they out play Boston and win the series. I just don't like the match up on how both teams are structured to play cause it favors the Bruins and you know it.

The only thing close about the 4 games the Leafs had with the Bruins this year was the score. They we're thoroughly out played in each game that this board had the venom out for the Leafs best players in each of those games.

Go back & and read the GDT of those games you wont come out of it with the impression the Leafs played good games.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
People keep talking about toughness but it's our speed that's going to be key for us.

Outside of the bergy line the bruins are a slow team right through, and that's something we can really take advantage of with our speed.

but if our coach worries too much about toughness, and plays guys like mclaren, hamilton, o'byrne instead of macarthur, frattin, gardiner then we're just playing into the bruins' hands and sacrificibg what should be our biggest advantage.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
That's not all your hearing, you and others just ignore the match up... Fact the Leafs are a lousy cycle team with there offensive zone play, fact the Bruins are one of the best cycles teams in the league with solid goaltending that could nullify the opportunistic offense of the Leafs. Rope & dope wont work vs Boston. The way the Leafs are structured to play with very little of a green light for the D to join the attack or worst don't dress the best puck moving D men the Leafs have (Gardiner) plays right into the strength of Boston's game that will wear the Leafs down. The Leafs have to some how turn the fortunes and start spending more time in the offensive zone and they can't do that without an active D.

If the strategy doesn't change Reimer will have to be 1st. 2nd, and 3rd star of the series for the Leafs to win and hope Rask becomes Lalime of Ottawa years past;).

I hope I'm wrong. I hope they out play Boston and win the series. I just don't like the match up on how both teams are structured to play cause it favors the Bruins and you know it.

The only thing close about the 4 games the Leafs had with the Bruins this year was the score. They we're thoroughly out played in each game that this board had the venom out for the Leafs best players in each of those games.

Go back & and read the GDT of those games you wont come out of it with the impression the Leafs played good games.

Toronto hasn't played the Bruins lately, we haven't been playing good at all, probably will change now that it's playoff time, but juust saying; they look like hardly the same team they should be.

officialmark7*

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Frattin
Komarov - McClement - Kulemin
McLaren - Colborne - Orr

Gunnar - Phaneuf
Liles - O'Byrne
Franson - Fraser

Reimer
Scrivens

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
I think it's going to be like this: (if bozak plays)

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Kulemin-Kadri-Lupul
Mcclement-Grabovski-Komarov
Hamilton-Colborne-Orr

I think people are forgetting the fact that Hamilton played very well against the bruins.

Edit: looks like I forget to mention grabo

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I HOPE our offensive D-men are x-factors. There is a ton of offensive potential in those guys, Phaneuf, Liles, Franson and Garinder. Please for the love of God, not Kostka.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Yeah if you guys chant Tuukka then he will go insane and Toronto will win.. :laugh:

Yea chanting at players is incredibly stup....oh sorry, didn't realize you were B's fan. Hey, keep up the "thank you Kessel" stuff. It's really funny and relevant after 3+ years.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener

what are you talking about when you say tough? sure the leafs could probably out fight the bruins but in terms of team toughness and grinding out a series i'm not sure the Leafs have those guys yet

should be a great series

just hope the leafs don't get caught up trying to prove how 'tough' they are and lose the series

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Toronto hasn't played the Bruins lately, we haven't been playing good at all, probably will change now that it's playoff time, but juust saying; they look like hardly the same team they should be.

You could expect that... Playoffs brings out the best of EACH TEAM especially the 1st round. I don't look at the regular season at all, nor do I even look at statistics one bit or individual players other than the goalies cause it's them that make the biggest difference.

I'm basing this solely in how both teams play, there TEAM GAME and assuming both goalies will bring there "A" games for me the Bruins are a team the Leafs have issues matching up against them.

The Leafs match up better with Pittsburgh then they do Boston. Ultimately the games have to be played for anybodies opinions to be right but I'm not expecting the Leafs to win this. Hope they do and want them to prove me wrong but I'm not about to put money on it that's for sure.

leafygoods

Defending Champs
Aug 12, 2009
Halifax
I for one am pumped. I think we can take the Bruins (obviously wont be easy) but if we do imagine the boost this team (Phil Kessel) will get from it. I'd rather face these guys now than in the 2nd or 3rd round when they get rolling. If Phil can get going against them, and we can roll 2 dangerous lines we have a good shot.

Also we can send Reimer after them!
Marchand_2.jpg

Go Leafs Go!

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto

No I'm not. Yeah this matchup with the Bruins is not ideal but it is what it is. The Leafs did play better than the Bruins in that March 7th game, and probably deserved a better outcome in their shootout loss on the 25th of March. The Bruins outplayed the Leafs in the only game the Leafs won, and probably deserved a better outcome there as well. I'm not saying the Leafs are going to win this series but I sure as heck don't think this team is just going to roll over and die in front of our eyes.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008

Plus the fact the Leafs are terrible defending the cycle because the forwards don't engage and the D is soft on it. Not a good combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad