Post-Game Talk: It's a Wiebe's World. Jets win 6-2.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
You know those vids where players read tweets etc out loud? I would die to see Maurice read out loud the classic 'hey coach, har someboty put a fart at you backstage?"

The professor's tryhardin is a bit too obvious as of late tho.
That would be pretty funny; hearing Little, Myers, and Buff reading posts that have been made about them on here:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
tumblr_o2n3aer4pL1rg8wfno1_500.gif

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Thanks, missed that one. I'll cut him some slack then, clearly a lot closer than it appeared. Still looks a fair bit ahead of that puck though.

Spilled milk, no harm.

Still not sure on this one. The spliced photo shows Toews over the line when then puck is barely over. It would have to have been a hell of a foot drag 1/10th of a second earlier.

But yes like you said, clearly a lot closer than it appeared.

Better news is the Coyotes are up 2-1 on Nashville going into the 3rd!

Reactions: Ducky10

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
See post #73. It appears the correct call was made.

You can't tell anything from those two images. They need the on the ice blue line camera frames to know fore sure. The fact they didn't show them is straight up odd as they always show them when a close call is overturned.

It didn't make a difference but for transparency purposes they should be displayed.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
You can't tell anything from those two images. They need the on the ice blue line camera frames to know fore sure. The fact they didn't show them is straight up odd as they always show them when a close call is overturned.

It didn't make a difference but for transparency purposes they should be displayed.

If you look at the players feet in each image they are in perfect alignment with each other.

What's really needed is cameras on the the centre clock. Clearly the off ice cameras are being blocked by the boards & are useless for calls like this.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Good game , Trouba is good , he made Morrow look good . Myers is just not good right now , he had the puck with nobody around him and ices the puck . Then gets muscled of the puck behind our net by a guy half his size and they scored their second goal because of that . He needs to be better come playoffs . Morrissey is just really good , i can't say that enough about him , what a draft pick that was . Can you imagine that offside call if this was a playoff game , just WOW !!!

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Who would we play ???- if we finished in second place ???

This is the way I understand it -- is this right or wrong ???

We are in the Western Conference / and 2 divisions within it are-- Central and Pacific
We are in the Central Division

1) The winner of the "Western Conference"-will play last qualifier for a "wild card ??

2) The 1st place team -- of the "other division" within the Western Conference -- will play the team that finished "above" the bottom wild card qualifier ??

I think this is right ? --then the 2nd and 4th place teams with each division play each other ??

Then--what about the 3rd place finishers within each division ??--would they play each other--even though there in different divisions ??-anybody know ??

NOTE-- I'm a little worried about playing Denver-- they are really coming on !!! with MacKinnon.

Reactions: sipowicz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad