Post-Game Talk: It's a Wiebe's World. Jets win 6-2.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Can still celebrate taking another step towards the playoffs. No one is declaring us the champs. Nothing to suggest this team can't adapt to any team they play and they have the goaltending to back it up.
Never meant to infer otherwise KB - you`ll get no arguement from me! :thumbu:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
When transporter of hockey doesnt score million goals and reach teenage SUPERSTARDOM - Avgaard is f***ing mad

tumblr_o01667NX2F1qk7b1yo1_400.gif

Meanwhile the Jets win, and get 10+ players on the pts board.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
I like to win. I like post-game win threads. I want more of that.

Chicago looked really bad against a motivated Jets team. The window has definitly shut on the Blackhawks.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Where did "farmleague" come from? I know it's O'Connor and I know he started the year in the A but it's now his board nickname? 'Splain please.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Finally some secondary scoring!

Good games form #1 line, Stats line, Roslo, Copp and Perreault with good games!

Helly once again friggin stellar!

NHL tried to set the Jets back early in this one but it backfired!

Really missed Enstrom and Schief, not!

Morrow is our #8 D man and he’s way better than guys we had in the top six for years!

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Where did "farmleague" come from? I know it's O'Connor and I know he started the year in the A but it's now his board nickname? 'Splain please.

Ahhh, you'll have to thank the one and only @avgard for that one.

When Laine was on the second and Connor was on the first (kinda still is now that I think about it), he would yell about how "farm boy o'connor" was taking Laine's ice away, like only he can.

The nickname stuck, needless to say :laugh:

That was actually pretty early in the year when I picked up on it. It's taken a bit for the rest of the board to catch on.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Avgaard man, Avgaard. Our very own hockey professor once penned this sentence in reply to Connor, being called up from the Moose (farm league) and immediately playing on the 1st line instead of Laine. O'Connor enjoying highlife in 1st line coming in from farmleague.
It's immortalized in Afterburners signature

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Avgaard man, Avgaard. Our very own hockey professor once penned this sentence in reply to Connor, being called up from the Moose (farm league) and immediately playing on the 1st line instead of Laine. O'Connor enjoying highlife in 1st line coming in from farmleague.

Ahh memories. Usurper Farmleague taking away top line minites

Jetster231

Mar 6, 2018
Finally some secondary scoring!

Good games form #1 line, Stats line, Roslo, Copp and Perreault with good games!

Helly once again friggin stellar!

NHL tried to set the Jets back early in this one but it backfired!

Really missed Enstrom and Schief, not!

Morrow is our #8 D man and he’s way better than guys we had in the top six for years!

Morrow did look AWFUL at first but he has shown to be capable lately.

Reactions: sipowicz

Hulide

Jul 12, 2017
Nice to see Lits pot one. That line looked great tonight, so it'll be interesting to see what happens when Scheifele returns. Little works really well with Wheeler, and Connor is also a great complement. Do you put Scheif with Perreault and Roslo?
This is Wheelers team. I will bet everything that he is playing with Scheifele the moment he is back...

Reactions: Robinson2187

boyko10

44-11-9
Apr 27, 2017

You know those vids where players read tweets etc out loud? I would die to see Maurice read out loud the classic 'hey coach, har someboty put a fart at you backstage?"

The professor's tryhardin is a bit too obvious as of late tho.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player post-game: Hellebuyck, Roslovic, Connor & Trouba.

Coach Maurice post-game scrum topics: On limiting Trouba's minutes. On Trouba's adding offense to the Jets backend. Play of the Jets in the neutral zone. Response by the Jets after giving up the first goal. Thoughts on Kyle Connor. Who gets the credit for the Jets players coming back into the lineup "so healthy".

To listen click here.

Reactions: Afterburner

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Ahhh, you'll have to thank the one and only @avgard for that one.

When Laine was on the second and Connor was on the first (kinda still is now that I think about it), he would yell about how "farm boy o'connor" was taking Laine's ice away, like only he can.

The nickname stuck, needless to say :laugh:

That was actually pretty early in the year when I picked up on it. It's taken a bit for the rest of the board to catch on.

We should name every player thread in the great professors honor:

Laine: TEENAGE SUPERSTAR TRANSPORTER OF HOCKEY

Connor: Farmboy O'Connor enjoys high life in top line

Ehlers: Selfish, never pass Danish who is always making me mad, VERY,VERY MAD!

Wheeler: Old guy who is overrated and taking away 30mins of superstar icetime from transporter of hockey

Little: Guy who is on worst contract in all of playing sports off all time in universe, who Teenagesuperstar was punished to play with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad