Post-Game Talk: It's a Wiebe's World. Jets win 6-2.

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
very VERY frustrating whatching this game. waiting laine to go over 50 this total nightmares. his line not working lately at all. danish boy like blinded only skating to blue line and dumping pucks in and then self hunting for it. he never pass laine as of lately. seems like jealously reach higher and higher of levels as laine got closer to 50. feels like he dont want pass his ATARIfriend laine to reach teenageSUPERSTARDOM of superrarity in reaching over 50 record at this teenage. so frustrating. i see only one thing must here. separate these ATARIfriends. this line as of this and was it last game also, got locked much at own zoun and throwing many icingpucks and so on. not much playing in this line. first games was ok but now there is wall a come. only dumping and hunting and locked in own zoun. then also buff jeopardizing this line. very poor play. throwing pucks here and there. i can see laine also getting frustrated. very flipperized playing. no passing , no puckholding. shooting in like crazyhurry even if laine is available in good position etc etc. this EATEN ON LAINES CONFIDENCE.

PP is total catastrophy. buff and wheelesr shooting all the time. as soon they have puck they shoot or if they have laine available they dont pass. then if laine is not available they somehow try to search for a difficult pass. AND THEN THEY SHOOT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND PUCKS GETS CLEARED OF ZOUN AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. AND LAINE GOTS TO NOT HAVE PUCK FOR ANYTHING!!!

STAY LAINE FOR 2 MIN AT ALL PP´s !!!

STAY LAINE FOR 2 MIN AT ALL PP ´s !!!

WINNIPEG WOULD GET FAME FOR LAINES 50 GOALS WHATS PROBLEM COACH!?!!?!!?!?!?

NOW COACH...NEXT GAME SET PLAYERS TO LAINES LINE AND INCREASING HIS ICETIMES!!!

FEEL SOMETHING WHO IS At PLAYINGMODE AT GAMES COACH????? BENCH PEOPLE WHO NOT COME TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TODAY COULD HAVE BENCHED DANISH SELFBOY ! doing something to laines line as it not working and games a couting down!!! order Wheelers not shooting all at pp´s and stop using buff at this! do something so it works better!

today was a bad game. lucky goals at first and then stopping playing. laines line total catastrophy. laine playd but not enough by his linemates. playing stupidly or lazy or like danish trying to do bad?

im sorry but this team must do some trading of its what some say good players...laine must have better players to play with. players that he can have fun playing with. players who actually can play at good levels. i see a Lemieux here with guys who like destroy for him more o like. he deserves better withplayers to reach huge amount of goals and Points. lets build a superline here. best for whole town

Sir avgard hockeypfrofssor
Just a question ... Would you rather have Laine score a hatrick in a Jets 4-3 loss or Laine score only an assist in a Jets 6-2 win?

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Great win.

Hope the rest of the boys comes back soon.

Roslovic tried as a C .. is very nice.

Wheeler brings out the best in Little.

Connor Little Wheeler
Laine Stastny Ehlers
Perrault Schiefele Roslovic
Copp Lowry Armia/Tanev

Ease our future captain in.
Don't need to have him go hard his first few games back.
Let him feast as 3rd C.

That's the great thing about depth. So use it.

Reactions: Tommigun

DiggerD

Nov 21, 2014
Just a question ... Would you rather have Laine score a hatrick in a Jets 4-3 loss or Laine score only an assist in a Jets 6-2 win?
Jets record means nothing to him, it is all about Laine and Armia. A perfect game for him is when Laine plays every second of every powerplay, scores 3, and Armia scores as well, even if the Jets lose. Laine must play the most of anyone, he is the greatest to ever play the game, he should get all ice..........imagine when Vesalainen and Niku arrive, all we need is another Finn d-man and a Finn goalie, and we can release everyone else.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Jets record means nothing to him, it is all about Laine and Armia. A perfect game for him is when Laine plays every second of every powerplay, scores 3, and Armia scores as well, even if the Jets lose. Laine must play the most of anyone, he is the greatest to ever play the game, he should get all ice..........imagine when Vesalainen and Niku arrive, all we need is another Finn d-man and a Finn goalie, and we can release everyone else.
He’s a novelty poster with a very decent dry sense of humour.
He never takes offence to our comments.
Probably a decent sort.

Reactions: Dayofthedogs
Nov 24, 2006
If we're healthy and have all our players, I think we can beat anyone. The Preds are one of the top teams in the NHL, and we were up 2 goals in the 1st and 3rd periods on them, but Helle had a bad game.

I think with "all our troops" intact --we will dominate the Preds. The series may go 6-7 games, but we have enough to take them on. The Penns would be the toughest if they get in, and we'd have to deal with them, in the final.

We'll need "stellar goaltending" to do this--looks like we do.:thumbu:

With a healthy lineup I think we’re in the conversation, but that’s the best team I’ve seen this year in the west and I don’t think we come close to dominating them.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Jets did NOT let up on the gas pedal after going up 5-1 either. Backup goalie for the Hawks was amazing in the 2nd and 3rd.

No, they certainly did not:

tide-2018-03-15-2017021089-CHIatWPG.png

Reactions: kanadalainen

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Frenchie was back last night , how he didn't get a couple of goals was just head shaking . He'll get hot again , just in time for the playoffs . He is going to piss off whoever we play in a 7 game series , like a wasp buzzing their heads . :laugh:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
With a healthy lineup I think we’re in the conversation, but that’s the best team I’ve seen this year in the west and I don’t think we come close to dominating them.
We are better top to bottom if both line ups healthy

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
A glimpse of what Roslovic is capable of. I really liked him at center as well. I hope we continue to develop him there.

I was really impressed with his game. I like him for his hockey smarts, strength on the puck, and when he scores beauties like that one, its simply more icing on the cake. He will make an excellent centre.

Reactions: Robinson2187

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
98-96
Had we beat the Preds
Let that sink in
If we wouldn't have gotten that bunk penalty at the beginning of the game it could have been very different. I don't care to be honest. I want to meet the Preds in the playoffs - healthy. I love their fans and building but I want them to cry

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Trouba was just so good last night. Can't be too long before we get our Morrissey Trouba back.

Every line had one player really going.

Connor
Laine
Perreault
Roslovic

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
He’s a novelty poster with a very decent dry sense of humour.
He never takes offence to our comments.
Probably a decent sort.
It takes a decent amount of effort/talent to continue to come up with those posts (though I only read a sentence or two of them). As long as he keeps giving us little nuggets like farmleague, I can live with them.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Yeah, they are in perfect alignment, and unless that puck is moving pretty frikkin slow the guy is way offside...why don’t we have shots from those same angles a split second earlier when the puck is still on the blue line?? I’d bet the guy is still offside...

Here’s what bugs me - most of these offside challenges they are struggling to determine if a guy’s skate is lifted a millimeter off the bloody ice before the puck crosses the blue line. Like we’re talking barely lifted off just as the puck crosses the line! And they come back with “yup, that’s offside” and the goal is disallowed.

This time, we have a situation where it really looks like a guy is offside - like exactly what the whole offside challenge call was supposed to be about preventing, but no they haven’t got an angle that gives them the ability to call it offside! At the very least, if they determine that they haven’t got the video to allow them to make the call they should say it’s inconclusive and there shouldn’t be a penalty assessed. Because on the surface that was a way more reasonable coach’s challenge than almost any other one i’ve seen the past couple seasons.
This. The whole point of having review kinda hinges on having something reliable to review. Without that, the system is moot. I wish they'd just abolish this BS. It happens almost every game now that the NHL finds a way to further undermine their credibility.

Congrats to all the boys on a triumphant return home. Army looked dominant at times. Tanev was good so was Dano. How bout Laine with the harry potter stick wizardry on the Stastny goal! That was some filthy s**t. JR and KC beasting again. I thought Bryan Little was excellent. Lotta streaks extended and milestones accomplished. Even MattyP was close to gettin off the schneid if not for some guy named Berube (not Craig).

I like this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad