Confirmed with Link: Isles Hire Lou Lamoriello as President of Hockey Operations.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Doug weight might as well just step down now. He and garth had no idea about lamoirello?

This is absolutely amazing. Hey guys welcome back, heres your boss, lou lamoirello. If i were you two, id pack my bags now.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Doug weight might as well just step down now. He and garth had no idea about lamoirello?

This is absolutely amazing. Hey guys welcome back, heres your boss, lou lamoirello. If i were you two, id pack my bags now.

The very next sentence.
Snow and Weight, according to a league source, were unaware that Lamoriello was meeting with Tavares while they were both attending the World Championships. They may certainly have been aware that Lamoriello and Malkin were discussing a role

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Per Staple's article:

That is something

That can’t be a great feeling for them.
I think the meeting with Tavares was just more of Lou doing the gentlemen thing and respectful thing by introducing himself to the teams franchise player and captain. I doubt they discussed contracts or anything. That’s what Pat Brisson is for.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Lou said he needs to sit down with everyone, go over their job description, and then see what it is they think they do, and if it fits going forward.

Mentions there's a crest on the front and a name on the back. Players have to give up their own identities.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Lou said he's been given autonomy on everything from A to Z.

Sounds like that includes S and W to me!

He said he’s going to give everyone a chance to prove themselves. He also said he’s know Snow since he played at Maine.

I’m hoping he eventually drops the hammer on everyone.

I give Malkin credit for basically giving Lou the keys to the franchise and it’s his team to run.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Mentions there's a crest on the front and a name on the back. Players have to give up their own identities.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He said he’s going to give everyone a chance to prove themselves. He also said he’s know Snow since he played at Maine.

I’m hoping he eventually drops the hammer on everyone.

I give Malkin credit for basically giving Lou the keys to the franchise and it’s his team to run.

It sounds like he will be doing a full evaluation of the hockey ops department himself, and it's not like he's not getting any younger.

Reactions: SI90

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He also just said the fans should have patience and also wants the fans to know that the owners 100% committed to winning and do whatever it takes.

Yup, was about to type that, but I'm not much of a scribe.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He sounds energized and ready to build the team his way. In Toronto he was the GM but have to believe Shanny had final say. Lou probably excited about having complete autonomy

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Lou said he needs to sit down with everyone, go over their job description, and then see what it is they think they do, and if it fits going forward.

A la Herb Brooks (Kurt Russell)! Where is Mike Eruzione, when you need him to take the lead??

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
guessing Lou is just here to ensure his son is going to be getting that GM job in a few years, nothing better than some nepotism to some unqualified person, in 5-6 years I am guessing we are going to be longing for the days of Snow as our GM

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
cant believe mike didnt ask one question about JT. didnt push him on snow or weight either. not that he knows isles hockey but...those are basics.

Liked what Lou had to say, ready for a change, beyond ready actually. Not sure how much can be accomplished in the short term, due to the medium term problems of some bad contracts...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad