Confirmed with Link: Isles Hire Lou Lamoriello as President of Hockey Operations.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Jeremy-Renner.gif

SI

Feb 16, 2013
cant believe mike didnt ask one question about JT. didnt push him on snow or weight either. not that he knows isles hockey but...those are basics.

Liked what Lou had to say, ready for a change, beyond ready actually. Not sure how much can be accomplished in the short term, due to the medium term problems of some bad contracts...

Agreed odd - there was not at least a question About 91?

Last edited:

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
Agreed odd - there was no at least a question About 91?

I'm sure Mike's wanted to not cross any lines in the NY Islanders 1st major interview in...years. Mike probably asked his producer to get a list of things LL won't talk about.

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
What's important is that he said "majority owner" Malkin was sincere and that he gave full automony.

Never mentioned Ledeky at all.

Reactions: periferal

PDCIslander41

May 22, 2018
As long as he changes Snow out and replaces the coaching staff, I'd consider this hire a good success. Get JT in the fold again, and we got a home run hire. Getting Snow and that contract out, and showing a willingness to want to win again, is so crucial. Lou and others can be replaced if need be.

Reactions: periferal

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
cant believe mike didnt ask one question about JT. didnt push him on snow or weight either. not that he knows isles hockey but...those are basics.

Liked what Lou had to say, ready for a change, beyond ready actually. Not sure how much can be accomplished in the short term, due to the medium term problems of some bad contracts...

Mike probably has no idea who JT is.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I like that he’s doing a comprehensive evaluation. Sounds like he wants to rebuild this franchise from A to Z. Sounds like a crusade and I’m not surprised he wanted full autonomy. His last hurrah before retirement; sounds motivated and poised.

Also sounds like he’s going to be doing a lot of homework in the next few weeks. Show him tapes of NYIs D and G please.

Reactions: Instant

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Everything this.

It gets clearer and clearer that Malkin & Ledecky are cleaning up the Chernobyl that wang left them, and why it's taking literally years to get things on track.

Exactly! For which is why I haven't gone off the deep end. We all had to know Wang would do something dumb before relinquishing control to L&M.

Reactions: MattBarzal

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I like that he’s doing a comprehensive evaluation. Sounds like he wants to rebuild this franchise from A to Z. Sounds like a crusade and I’m not surprised he wanted full autonomy. His last hurrah before retirement; sounds motivated and poised.

Also sounds like he’s going to be doing a lot of homework in the next few weeks. Show him tapes of NYIs D and G please.
He needs to watch tape of the coaches “coaching”.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
He needs to watch tape of the coaches “coaching”.

A whole laundry list of tapes. 5.5 mil. Ladd playing like a checker, porous D, lack of systems, special teams, Greiss imploding, Nelson floating, Snow gorging.

Born and Raised

Apr 22, 2018

Lamoriello will not partake in a rebuild. Not that the Islanders even need one but that won't be happening - not with the roster at least. Rebuilding the management and front office? More like a blowup Id imagine is incoming.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Lamoriello will not partake in a rebuild. Not that the Islanders even need one but that won't be happening - not with the roster at least. Rebuilding the management and front office? More like a blowup Id imagine is incoming.

I didn’t mean rebuild in the youth movement sense. More like reinvent the culture, overhaul the staff, and retool the roster.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Who are potential head coaching candidates that could be of interest to Lou if he decides to remove Weight & Co?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad