Confirmed with Link: Isles Hire Lou Lamoriello as President of Hockey Operations.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
The Red Wings are falling victim to the same "don't rebuild, reload" philosophy. Too many years of drafting in the first round between 12 and 24 is slow death for a franchise.
I do remember, especially because I was one of those people who clamored at how great Detroit was at developing their specs.

Well it turns out the guys that we all thought were developing like studs ended up being closer to duds.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I'd rather spend 15 years "reloading," make the playoffs every year, win a few cups along the way and when the well inevitably runs dry, rebuild for a couple of years and then start the process over again. As opposed to worrying about losing every single UFA "for nothing" every year and taaaaaannnking for the shiny prospect every couple of years.

Does anyone think that Jersey, Chicago or the Wings regret the path they took??

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
As opposed to the Isles 12 year rebuild strategy which worked wonders. :)
The Isles 12 year perpetual rebuild might have had better results with a different owner and different GM. An actual adult as a GM.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I'd rather spend 15 years "reloading," make the playoffs every year, win a few cups along the way and when the well inevitably runs dry, rebuild for a couple of years and then start the process over again. As opposed to worrying about losing every single UFA "for nothing" every year and taaaaaannnking for the shiny prospect every couple of years.

Does anyone think that Jersey, Chicago or the Wings regret the path they took??
No because it yielded results once. But all of those teams eventually fell on hard times, and I think it’s because they had a string if mid to late first round picks that didn’t pan out.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
No because it yielded results once. But all of those teams eventually fell on hard times, and I think it’s because they had a string if mid to late first round picks that didn’t pan out.
Well all three of those teams saw results more than once. I believe they have 9 cups between them.

And of course, constantly picking late in the first round (or not at all if you're trading 1st rounders as a "buyer" at the deadline, will make the cupboard bare eventually. Price of success in today's NHL...

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Well all three of those teams saw results more than once. I believe they have 9 cups between them.

And of course, constantly picking late in the first round (or not at all if you're trading 1st rounders as a "buyer" at the deadline, will make the cupboard bare eventually. Price of success in today's NHL...
Not saying I wouldn’t want to have had it that way, just stating an opinion. If you constantly draft mid-to-late first round it will eventually catch up to you.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
The Isles 12 year perpetual rebuild might have had better results with a different owner and different GM. An actual adult as a GM.

And an owner who cared, and some competent coaches too….

The Islanders had a thing going for them a few years back but Snow failed so bad when opportunity knocked. Lou would do that rebuild in three years or so

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00