Pre-Game Talk: islanders vs leafs-Clinch time VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless Leaf*

We will clinch the playoffs, no doubt it. It would be absurd to think we can't
Ossicle win 1 game in the remaining 5 games after all the effort.

I smell a win here.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
Yes, we will clinch a spot. No doubt about it. Just like we clinched a spot the last 9 years.

Jeez.. some leafs fans never learn.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Yes, we will clinch a spot. No doubt about it. Just like we clinched a spot the last 9 years.

Jeez.. some leafs fans never learn.

Yea, when was the last time they were actually sitting 7 points up on 9th with 5 games left? This is so much like the past 9 years :sarcasm: So you're saying the Leafs will miss?

LadyLeaf

Apr 14, 2013
Toronto
I'm going to the game tomorrow, and so far the leafs are 2-0 when I've seen them at the acc. Good sign!

Burn the boats! Lets clinch our spot on home ice!

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I'm saying the possibility of missing is VERY open.

Wpg can max out at 56 pts and we're sitting at 53 with 5 games left . It's hard to imagine we'll miss this year . While possible it's highly improbable .

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

VERY open?

Care to make a friendly forum wager?

Leafs don't make it...... I don't post for 6 months.

Leafs make it......you don't post until the day after the draft

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009

I think the odds have us as 90%+ of making the playoffs at this point. Even if we lost every game this season we'd have a good chance just on the odds that Winnipeg stumbles at some point.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
The guy got a raw deal big time. If we were a legit threat to win it all, I'd like Nonis (does he even work for the Leafs anymore? lol) to bring him back as an assistant GM to reap a little of what he sowed.

Yea, damn did it suck and I was damn pissed. Ah well he's a smart guy, he should get back on his feet soon.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Dude dont even joke about this... reminds me of the NYI v NJ game that kept us out :shakehead

The leafs have to be the masters of their own destiny, gotta rebound after that horrible game yesterday

I'll never forget that day. All we needed was NJ to win and since they already clinched they decided to sit out most of their best players including Brodeur and ended up losing in a shootout....damn that was a really bad day, I was depressed for like a week. It's partly why I hate NJ so much.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

0-5-0 94.2%

That means that if they go 0-5-0, there is a 94.2% chance they will make the playoffs. Of course they haven't clinched yet but apparently we have very differing views on what 'very' means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad