OT: Islander Fans Eatery Discussion

Islanders1932

Jul 16, 2006
Long Island
www.beyondthetestprep.com
Pizza -
La piazza plainview
Pizza supreme garden city (only go for the square slice)

Italian -
Baci westbury

Sushi-
Kotobuki greenvale

Steakhouse
Peter Lugers

Deli
Suburban eats Melville

Wings
Barefoot peddler greenvale (ask for a combo of their sauces)
Dallas BBQ NYC
Canz westbury

Beer selection
Croxleys farmingdale

Best place to watch a game outdoors
Studio square beer garden queens

Overall great restaurants (especially for dates/events)
Joanina Huntington ny
Seasons 52 outside Roosevelt field mall

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Pizza -
La piazza plainview

Italian -
Baci westbury

Sushi-
Kotobuki greenvale

Steakhouse
Peter Lugers

Deli
Suburban eats Melville

Wings
Dallas BBQ NYC
Canz westbury

Beer selection
Croxleys farmingdale

Joanina Huntington ny

:handclap: That place was proper, Newstand Deli on Walt Whitman in Melville is pretty good too. Looks like we've got the same taste for slices..

ML19

Nov 21, 2011
Long Island
Pizza -
La piazza plainview

Italian -
Baci westbury

Sushi-
Kotobuki greenvale

Steakhouse
Peter Lugers

Deli
Suburban eats Melville

Wings
Dallas BBQ NYC
Canz westbury

Beer selection
Croxleys farmingdale

Joanina Huntington ny

I love all of these places. I wouldn't be surprised if you were my long lost brother. :laugh:

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
Pizza -
La piazza plainview

Italian -
Baci westbury

Sushi-
Kotobuki greenvale

Steakhouse
Peter Lugers

Deli
Suburban eats Melville

Wings
Dallas BBQ NYC
Canz westbury

Beer selection
Croxleys farmingdale

Joanina Huntington ny

I work like 2 minutes away from there. Been going there like every week lol. LOVE the buffalo chicken and Grandma slice.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I stopped off for lunch at All American Burger in Massapequa. Haven't been there since 1993. That place still has some of the best burgers on the Island! Prices are reasonable. Worth the trip from Queens.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
I stopped off for lunch at All American Burger in Massapequa. Haven't been there since 1993. That place still has some of the best burgers on the Island! Prices are reasonable. Worth the trip from Queens.
Taco Joe's right across the street from All-American in Pequa. Best southwest place. Burritos and salads are freakin awesome!

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I work like 2 minutes away from there. Been going there like every week lol. LOVE the buffalo chicken and Grandma slice.

I grew up there. That place was the "Gallery Pizza" way back. I went to JFK high 1/4 mile from there . Class if 85.
Used to stand outside the liquor store 3 doors down ( if still there) and wait till we could get someone to go in and buy us booze.

The inside turn used to be Pergaments home center way back.

Love that Regal Kosher Deli. Surprised not mentioned. It is right across from the pizza place.

Next to Regal was Haagen Dazs. If still there.
Geez I am old.

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
Don't know how this place hasn't been mentioned yet, but Branchinelli's in Hauppauge makes some of the best Italian on LI. Been going there occasionally for about 15 years now, and nothing's changed except the prices. The restaurant is dated-looking and noisy, the menu's limited, and there's usually a long wait to be seated, but the latter is because they serve big portions of delicious food at reasonable prices.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Uncle Joe's in Lake Grove (right near the Smith Haven Mall) is awesome. I always make sure to go there every time I re-visit Long Island.

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
Please delete your HF proifile immediately and leave NYC and never return!
LOL! In fairness, Carrabba's isn't too bad for being a chain - beats the **** out of the barf-inducing Olive Garden at least. It's worth going there at least once just to have the Sicilian chicken soup.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
LOL! In fairness, Carrabba's isn't too bad for being a chain - beats the **** out of the barf-inducing Olive Garden at least. It's worth going there at least once just to have the Sicilian chicken soup.

With all due respect I'm in Tampa which tends to have awful Italian food. You wouldn't catch me eating at Carrabba's for free.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Don't know how this place hasn't been mentioned yet, but Branchinelli's in Hauppauge makes some of the best Italian on LI. Been going there occasionally for about 15 years now, and nothing's changed except the prices. The restaurant is dated-looking and noisy, the menu's limited, and there's usually a long wait to be seated, but the latter is because they serve big portions of delicious food at reasonable prices.

Just ate at the new Branchinelli's in Miller Place, it is decent.

Italian food on Long Island has 3 great places in my estimation

Baci - Westbury - portions are great, although their tomato sauce is not as good as

Domenico's - Levittown - my blueprint for Italian food taste

Now that I live in Suffolk, I think Café Amici in Selden is the best I have tasted out there.

Best restaurant on Long Island is Rare- very pricy but darn good

Best Thai - Lemonleaf in Hicksville

Chinese food for some reason I like Golden Chopsticks in Rocky Point

On Long island, the nicest looking places might be the worse for food and vice-versa

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Will be making 1st trip to see Isles this March. Pretty sure I'll be staying at the Marriot (maybe Garden City) for the back to back on 13th and 14th. On the visitors thread I've seem recommendations for Millers Ale House. Is it a pre game spot for beers or good meals as well?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Will be making 1st trip to see Isles this March. Pretty sure I'll be staying at the Marriot (maybe Garden City) for the back to back on 13th and 14th. On the visitors thread I've seem recommendations for Millers Ale House. Is it a pre game spot for beers or good meals as well?

Millers is cool. It's a 10 minute drive east of the Coliseum. If you stay at the Marriot I would reccomend Champions right there in the hotel. It's kind of the de facto pre-game hangout for many fans. The food is good and won't have to drive anywhere if you have a few adult beverages before the game.

A place I'm partial to is Hurricane Wings on Stewart Avenue in Garden City. Someplace you can consider if you stay in Garden City.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc

do yourself a favor and goto vincents....5 min from the coliseum, amazing italian food and they have a few decent beers on tap

http://www.vincentsclambar.com/

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
I do food photography (mainly interior design and architecture) but do a lot of restaurants and enjoy shooting food when needed. Best part is eating it afterwards. I grew up in Plainview and the La Piazza there now used to be The Gallery, where I was with my friends every day after school. So it was cool when La Piazza wanted me to shoot food for them last year. Excellent pizza (better than the Merrick location) and great people.

Pizza supreme used to be in Roosevelt Field in the 80's. Still good, just out dated but who cares? Best Sicilain slices - Umberto's of NHP. Mostly go to the Wantagh location. The slices are just a bit small, need two. Haven't been here in years but - Eddie's Pizza in NHP, has incredible matzoh thin pizza with amazing sausage and pepperoni. I'm getting hungry typing this.

I'm a chinese food freak with shrimp. Three best places on Li for that is Hunan Taste in Greenvale, Northern Blvd., just west of Glen Cove Rd. Pearl East in Manhasset and still, the classic, Orchid in Garden City. Best shrimp and lobster sauce outside of NYC. All 3 have outstanding shrimp w honey walnuts, must try if that's your thing.

Lastly, there's a new ice cream place in Long Beach, Frozen Cow. Boldly opened a block away from the long standing Marvel. Crazy homemade flavors, coconut my fave. Also ricotta w figs (for the italians out there - bring some to your mom/grandma). They are so friendly and will let you try anything. Ok, need to fill my pie hole with some sicilian from Umberto's from last night. Better the next day!

BroadwayJay*

Apparently that doesn't matter. He needs to eat more lobster rolls or something to make Jack happy.

A good lobster roll is just plain awesome.

Lobster_Roll.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad