OT: Islander Fans Eatery Discussion

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
right next to the lake

If your looking for places to eat you need to try B.L.D.'s over on Hawkins in front of the Liquor store. Place is really good, one of my fav's when I lived in that area.

I guess the superior picture quality of every other channel, much faster & better guide, fast response time of the box, lightening internet, and crystal clear phone make up for the lack of MSG in HD.

Im surprised you choose to suffer with CV. Come to the other side .. you will never look back!

I can't wait for the day Fios get's into the Town of Crookhaven. It was one of the few times I was truly impressed with a company, they backed up everything they claimed as well as giving me a hell of a deal on service.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
If your looking for places to eat you need to try B.L.D.'s over on Hawkins in front of the Liquor store. Place is really good, one of my fav's when I lived in that area.

I can't wait for the day Fios get's into the Town of Crookhaven. It was one of the few times I was truly impressed with a company, they backed up everything they claimed as well as giving me a hell of a deal on service.

any good pizza and wht is b l d ?
we found island empenada

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
any good pizza and wht is b l d ?
we found island empenada

It's short for Breakfast Lunch and Dinner, it's like a diner/luncheonette, it's here:

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?h...4cc0ef,Ronkonkoma,+NY&cid=1254771410779770098

Island Empenada is good. Hmmm pizza place, you said your by the lake there is Little Vinny's right over there on portion on the Northwest side/area of the lake. Also in the where the Waldbaums is(there is a Boston Market in there too) there is another pizza place that I liked, can't remeber the name but they make a hell of a grandpa slice.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
It's short for Breakfast Lunch and Dinner, it's like a diner/luncheonette, it's here:

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?h...4cc0ef,Ronkonkoma,+NY&cid=1254771410779770098

Island Empenada is good. Hmmm pizza place, you said your by the lake there is Little Vinny's right over there on portion on the Northwest side/area of the lake. Also in the where the Waldbaums is(there is a Boston Market in there too) there is another pizza place that I liked, can't remeber the name but they make a hell of a grandpa slice.
ya vicents is super close benn there twice.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
More than a few threads have proven that any conversation between NYers (and I guess Connecticut(ites?) and New Jersey(ians?) will eventually devolve into a Pizza discussion.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
Island emp is ok but I'd rather trek out to Brentwood for authentic Columbian emps from Espiquita (bakery).

Little vincents, good pizza and awesome chicken parms

i am like 1 mile from Island Emp.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
what is this fascination with Vincents?

Ginos is down the road on Portion and way better.

Also have Momma Lombardis in holbrook which rocks da house.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009

Momma's is a great Italian menu. I serve at Lombardi's on the Bay, literally on the water in Patchogue on S.Ocean. If anyone wants some seriously good steak n seafood, come on down.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006

The guy who i bought the house from Works for Ginos.

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
More than a few threads have proven that any conversation between NYers (and I guess Connecticut(ites?) and New Jersey(ians?) will eventually devolve into a Pizza discussion.

Speaking of pizza and Connecticut, there's a place in New Haven called Frank Pepe's Pizza. The clam pizza is amazing. I think Pepe's has been there for over 60 years. They use a coal fired oven.

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
I'll be in NY for Christmas. I stay with my sister in West Islip. Any good pizza places out that way? How about bagals?

On another note. I grew up on Long Island and spent the first 25 years of my life there (Commack). Several years ago, I'm visiting my sister and she orders a "grandma's" pizza. Where did that come from? I don't remember every hearing of a "grandma's" pizza in all the years I lived there. I hava been away for over 20 years, so somewhere during that time period, "grandma's" appeared.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL

I love Uncle Joe's pizza. It's right by the corner of Hawkins and Middle Country. I def. suggest people try it out if they're in the area. I grew up around there, and every time I go to visit family, I always head over there for lunch.

Last edited:

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
I'll be in NY for Christmas. I stay with my sister in West Islip. Any good pizza places out that way? How about bagals?

On another note. I grew up on Long Island and spent the first 25 years of my life there (Commack). Several years ago, I'm visiting my sister and she orders a "grandma's" pizza. Where did that come from? I don't remember every hearing of a "grandma's" pizza in all the years I lived there. I hava been away for over 20 years, so somewhere during that time period, "grandma's" appeared.

I live a town over in Bay Shore and one of my favorite pizza places is right here in Brightwaters, it's called Mamma Santina's on Orinoco Blvd near Windsor Ave.

Grandma pie is another name for Brooklyn style, and Mamma Santina's makes one of the best Brooklyn pies out there.

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
I live a town over in Bay Shore and one of my favorite pizza places is right here in Brightwaters, it's called Mamma Santina's on Orinoco Blvd near Windsor Ave.

Grandma pie is another name for Brooklyn style, and Mamma Santina's makes one of the best Brooklyn pies out there.

Thanks, I'll be checking that out when I get there.

How's the sushi in that area?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad