Speculation: is it time to blow it up???

bluedevil58*

Faulk for Erik Cole. Straight up no questions asked! This would solve all of our forward problems.

bluedevil58*

Then you're missing out on life bub.

54081990.jpg

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Hello Carolina fans, this post may be relevant to your interests:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1787195

Can't see how this would be relevant to Carolina when they really only have 3 NHL caliber defensemen on the roster.

Our Left D:

Sekera (who we need and you said you don't want rentals)
Hainsey (who you don't want)
Gleason, Liles, Harrison (who nobody wants).

Why would this be relevant to us?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Can't see how this would be relevant to Carolina when they really only have 3 NHL caliber defensemen on the roster.

Our Left D:

Sekera (who we need and you said you don't want rentals)
Hainsey (who you don't want)
Gleason, Liles, Harrison (who nobody wants).

Why would this be relevant to us?

Please re-read, I said rentals that wouldn't sign. If Sekera had success with Trouba, why wouldn't he re-sign?

Edit : I also have to add our top pair is injured at least a month, and Stuart is our top guy on the left side. I'd take hainsey over him any day of the week.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Please re-read, I said rentals that wouldn't sign. If Sekera had success with Trouba, why wouldn't he re-sign?

I'm not saying he wouldn't, but it's no more likely that he will. He'd be a rental, plain and simple. Here's why I think that:

1) The only way the Canes would trade him is if THEY can't re-sign him. They want to keep him and have said as much.

2) If he's had success with Faulk and won't re-sign in Carolina, I don't see why the Jets and Trouba would be that much more attractive honestly.

3) If the Canes decide to trade him at the deadline, he's likely to be one of the hottest commodities. Whether or not he might re-sign with the team they trade him to will be irrelevant to Carolina, they'll go for the best return.

4) He'll be 29 this off-season and this is probably his best chance for a big contract. If I had to guess, if he doesn't stay in Carolina, he'll want a big contract and to go for a team that has a legitimate chance for a cup.

So my view (which could be wrong) is that if he goes to Winnipeg as a rental, the chances are less than 50/50 that he'd re-sign there.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
My only reservation on blowing this team up was the impact to attendance. After seeing the attendance tonight I think its the perfect time to blow this up. Can't get much worse. Surround Lindholm with similarly aged players and hope in 3-4 years we're competitive again.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
My only reservation on blowing this team up was the impact to attendance. After seeing the attendance tonight I think its the perfect time to blow this up. Can't get much worse. Surround Lindholm with similarly aged players and hope in 3-4 years we're competitive again.

My only reservation about blowing this up is that it might actually make us competitive enough to finish in the higher single digits in draft position if we can unload some of this dead weight for anything other than picks. If we get roster bodies in return for some of the guys we've got coasting or not playing to the height of their abilities, we might actually get better in the short term which could hurt us long term. Best time to blow things up is the offseason in my opinion. Unless somebody blows us away with a deadline deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad