Interesting Info: Part XVI (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Which Columbus radio station talks the most about the jackets? Looking for something to stream today.

you're better off streaming Fan590 or something from Toronto for hockey talk...there's an OSU alumni flag football game in New Albany tonight... :laugh:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Which Columbus radio station talks the most about the jackets? Looking for something to stream today.

Pretty much your only two bets are 97.1 (The Fan) and possibly 95.5 (The Game) - although 95.5 picks up more national CBS shows with just a few local ones sprinkled in. But I imagine both will say "there's a draft" and then talk about the NBA draft from last night.

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
you're better off streaming Fan590 or something from Toronto for hockey talk...there's an OSU alumni flag football game in New Albany tonight... :laugh:

Yeah I usually listen to tsn 1050 for hockey talk. Columbus really does a pathetic job at it. Cleveland also. Really wish they would embrace the jackets.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hadn't heard of anything like that and can't find it anywhere online.

* * *​
Yeah I usually listen to tsn 1050 for hockey talk. Columbus really does a pathetic job at it. Cleveland also. Really wish they would embrace the jackets.

Columbus sports radio isn't exactly a quality source of breaking news and information. Never has been. Anyone who tells you otherwise isn't a Buckeyes fan and so can't tell the difference between information and pointless rehashed blathering about the same stuff over and over again. :)

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio

Dave Maetzold's show on 610 AM on Sundays at 11:00 is the only real hockey talk your going to get in Columbus on the radio year round. You can also download the Blue Jackets App and get the CBJ in 30 podcasts.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

one day you'll stop questioning me :laugh:

...and it is your contention that this will be covered instead of the NHL Draft on 97.1? Or is it just that they happened to mention it? :)

Seriously, that post seemed dismissive enough that I thought it was something crazy, like they're broadcasting a live play-by-play or something.

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
Dave Maetzold's show on 610 AM on Sundays at 11:00 is the only real hockey talk your going to get in Columbus on the radio year round. You can also download the Blue Jackets App and get the CBJ in 30 podcasts.

Yeah I listen to the cbj in 30. Not really a fan of it. Was hoping for more.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
...and it is your contention that this will be covered instead of the NHL Draft on 97.1? Or is it just that they happened to mention it? :)

Seriously, that post seemed dismissive enough that I thought it was something crazy, like they're broadcasting a live play-by-play or something.

no just that the idiots in the afternoon will be talking about it...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
no just that the idiots in the afternoon will be talking about it...
That and the Supreme Court ruling, the draft, and the weather. And they'll speak equally intelligently and eloquently on all of those topics - which is to say, not at all.

97.1's afternoon show is crap. It's not anti-Jackets, it's crap. Accept this and move on. :)

EDIT: See? Told ya so:

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I didn't have any clue that this was happening or had happened until I suddenly saw it on the sweater Werenski was putting on:

Blue Jackets unveil new secondary mark to be worn as shoulder patch

Patch-0680.jpg

I like it.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
I don't.

It may have something to do with me dropping 3 hundo on an authentic in December, but also because the cannon logo was designed with a completely different goal in mind than for a shoulder patch. It was designed to be a sweater crest, and was never meant to be shrunk down to that size. The primary logo and the kepi hat logo were designed to go hand in hand. The cannon logo clashes with the sweater and the primary logo. Plus, now I'm worried about the slippery slope - that they're gearing up to make the cannon logo the official primary in a few years and we'll lose the awesome C flag logo.

And I don't like all the white space. And I don't like surprises and this surprised me. It'll take some getting used to, but right now I'm annoyed by it.

RIP Hat logo. Hat logo 2003-2015

Last edited:

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I don't.

It may have something to do with me dropping 3 hundo on an authentic in December, but also because the cannon logo was designed with a completely different goal in mind than for a shoulder patch. It was designed to be a sweater crest, and was never meant to be shrunk down to that size. The primary logo and the kepi hat logo were designed to go hand in hand. The cannon logo clashes with the sweater and the primary logo. Plus, now I'm worried about the slippery slope - that they're gearing up to make the cannon logo the official primary in a few years and we'll lose the awesome C flag logo.

And I don't like all the white space. And I don't like surprises and this surprised me. It'll take some getting used to, but right now I'm annoyed by it.

i hope you're wrong about the bolded, I think the current primary logo is one of the best and most distinctive in the league.

Arch City Zach

Jun 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
archcityarmy.com
I spoke with the guy at the Lake Erie booth that had the jerseys on the table, they said they're working on a Saturda home jersey which will be CBJ themed and the blue Cleveland jersey will become they're road jersey.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
I don't.

I really liked the hat logo, but I think the cannon actually works better as a shoulder patch. The white space gives it more contrast and makes it pop out more, which I like other than the mesh of navy and red.

I agree with you though on main logo. I think the C logo is one of the better ones in the league. Not a huge fan of the cannon as a main logo, and the third jerseys lack any sort of contrast as they are basically just entirely blue.

I wouldn't be opposed to having the cannon logo as a home jersey and keeping the C logo as an away. Using the state flag as a logo is simply awesome, especially since Ohio has such a unique flag.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
I'm kind of bored and over the third jersey anyways. It's a nice change of pace once in a while because it's so starkly different looking, but I like our regular home blues so much that everytime I see the alternates it's just another game I don't get to see one of my favorite uniforms in hockey.

and yeah our primary logo is all sorts of awesome. We have the best flag in the union (have you looked at some other state flags? It's like us and Maryland's are the only ones that don't suck), our primary logo using it is really cool.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
The cannon is too complex IMO. I like it for the 3rd's, but I think the mark of a great logo is that it is both unique and simple.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Don't hate it, but much preferred the former shoulder crests. But I'm sure I'll end up with a couple of the new ones from meigray by the time next season is over.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Before seeing the new patch on the ice I'm not a fan. That might change after see it in action.

What I'm really not a fan of is where I'm afraid this is heading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad