Injury Report: Injury Thread 2018-19 [Klefbom (Finger Surgery, Out 2 Months)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
If he's traveling with the team then he must be doing full contact practices, right?

Has anybody heard an update on sekera recently? He's been practicing for weeks, so you'd think he should be back soonish, but on lowetides blog today he said that he would be back in "about a month". That means January basically, which would be almost 8 months since his surgery. Seems a bit long no?

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Has anybody heard an update on sekera recently? He's been practicing for weeks, so you'd think he should be back soonish, but on lowetides blog today he said that he would be back in "about a month". That means January basically, which would be almost 8 months since his surgery. Seems a bit long no?

I believe the last offical statement from the team (TMac to be specific) was he was travelling with the team, but he wouldn't be back in the lineup until December.

He's been back at practice since the end of October and if he's travelling with the team I can't see him being too far off. If I were betting on it, I'd say he'll take part in the skills competition and then be in for the Montreal game the next day.

I'm actually somewhat happy as they don't seem to be rushing him. 1 month of practice should have a lot of the rust off, and while I'm not expecting him to be the Sekera we know and love (and hate: opposing shinpads beware! haha), he should be able to step into Auvitu's #6 spot and be an upgrade there.

Nurse-Larsson
Klefbom-Russell
Sekera-Benning

Suddenly that's 3 pairings I trust in all areas of the ice. (Re: halleluja!)

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I believe the last offical statement from the team (TMac to be specific) was he was travelling with the team, but he wouldn't be back in the lineup until December.

He's been back at practice since the end of October and if he's travelling with the team I can't see him being too far off. If I were betting on it, I'd say he'll take part in the skills competition and then be in for the Montreal game the next day.

I'm actually somewhat happy as they don't seem to be rushing him. 1 month of practice should have a lot of the rust off, and while I'm not expecting him to be the Sekera we know and love (and hate: opposing shinpads beware! haha), he should be able to step into Auvitu's #6 spot and be an upgrade there.

Nurse-Larsson
Klefbom-Russell
Sekera-Benning

Suddenly that's 3 pairings I trust in all areas of the ice. (Re: halleluja!)
You trust Klefbom? That's bold.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

I concur with the posters stating December. I don't have a link but during one of Mckenzie's morning spots on 1260 last week I am certain he said it would be around mid-December before he'd be in the lineup, so another two weeks-ish hopefully.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Talbot hurt in practice "upper body injury"

McLellan said they might have to recall a goalie

Kayen

SLAPPAPPYSHEV
Apr 28, 2009
The North
Based on how Ellis has down in Bako, this could be a good opportunity to see how our goalie depth really is.

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
Brossoit has some nice skills.. but there is a... I dunno...a magic that he just doesn't have. I am not a goalie, so I don't know what else to call it. Here's to him proving everyone wrong. Or.. here's to us getting a new backup goalie in a hurry. Either works for me.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

Doesn't seem like it's too bad. Should be good to go soon enough.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Talbot hurt in practice "upper body injury"

McLellan said they might have to recall a goalie

That really sucks. He’s been terrible most of the year so maybe this could help him break wise. I think he needs it.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
well-apparently-rock-bottom-has-a-basement-20465335.png

Reactions: snipes

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Poor guy had to be a hero last night while oiler players watched the coyotes get second/third/fourth/fifth chances just looking at the puck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad