Injury Report: Injury Thread 2018-19 [Klefbom (Finger Surgery, Out 2 Months)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
IMO the biggest failing of the org was not signing an NHL veteran backup in the off season. Talbot struggles (as he has) or gets hurt (as he may be) and we are hooped. LB just is not an NHL backup who can go on a long run, jmo.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
If we are still on this win streak when he's ready to return, do we hold off on putting Seksy back in as to not mess with the chemistry?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
IMO the biggest failing of the org was not signing an NHL veteran backup in the off season. Talbot struggles (as he has) or gets hurt (as he may be) and we are hooped. LB just is not an NHL backup who can go on a long run, jmo.

Maybe last year the back-up issue was more pressing but for this year this is not so obvious. Brossoit is waiver eligible. He has a high enough profile as a young up and comer that if you waived him you might lose him. Plus at some point he needs to play NHL games.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Maybe last year the back-up issue was more pressing but for this year this is not so obvious. Brossoit is waiver eligible. He has a high enough profile as a young up and comer that if you waived him you might lose him. Plus at some point he needs to play NHL games.

Personally I do not feel it is a great loss if we lost LB on waivers, I have never been impressed with his overall game. The team obviously doesn’t have the confidence in him to give him the net for an extended period of time for Talbot to figure things out. I strongly feel we should have brought in a good experienced backup which were available in the off season for not much more than what LB makes. I doubt he is in our long term plans anyways as we have several good young goalies developing.

Reactions: McNuge

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Unless LB has turned into an elite Goaltender overnight and stands on his head then this is over. Too many injuries, sickness and ineptitude on special teams, a pretty lousy schedule and Klefbom being a total flop. Can't see them turning this around even with a win tonight.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Oh great, now the organization has an excuse for sucking... injuries. Nothing they can do about that, erase the entire 2017-2018 calendar and hit RESET. Everyone’s job in middle and upper management is safe for one more year. WHEW.

PaulZ

I'm confused....
Jan 21, 2015
Ontario
Time for McDavid to find a new gear. Maybe this will be just what the team needs to come together and be dominant like we know they can be.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
People calling it quits on the season are ridiculous.

Brossoits played well in the past , he's also looked lousy at times . We don't know what we're going to get so lets at least give him a chance before throwing in the towel.

It's only two weeks, in which we play six games. Six .

Other teams have rallied with their goalie injured , maybe we will too.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
People calling it quits on the season are ridiculous.

Brossoits played well in the past , he's also looked lousy at times . We don't know what we're going to get so lets at least give him a chance before throwing in the towel.

It's only two weeks, in which we play six games. Six .

Other teams have rallied with their goalie injured , maybe we will too.

I mean, I'm not calling it quits but those 6 games mean so much right now. Talbot, who was a star last year, couldn't pull out many wins behind this team. I just have little faith in LB, I hope to god he proves me wrong but I am not holding my breathe. Unfortunately :(

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
We were already not making the playoffs this year anyway, so whatever. Will be interesting to see if LB can prove that he's an NHL goalie during this stretch.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
I love the fact people are talking like Talbot has been stealing us games all year. Is he better than LB? Obviously. But I don't think the step down is that big this year. Nothing compared to 2016-2017 Talbot to Gustavsson.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I am not sold whatsoever on LB, and I hope he proves me wrong. He craps the bed tonight and we see Ellis vs Calgary. Ellis in my mind was the better of the two in preseason.

The team must now dial it in, they are on a cliff, they have one foot on a ledge, the other foot over the ledge, they have their arms fully extended carrying a 100lb weight and now gale force winds just hit.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Finally tweaked whats been wrong with him all year, the discomfort is the feeling of being a good goalie again...

At least one can hope...
Well Talbot has looked poor for a majority of the season. Him gutting it out has hurt the team more then anything. Now he can rest and get to 100% physically and mentally.

Reactions: McClelland

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
I think LB will have better stats than over the course of the next 5-6 games than Talbots 3.00 GAA and .903.

As other have mentioned, its not like Talbot is the reason we're winning games.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I am not sold whatsoever on LB, and I hope he proves me wrong. He craps the bed tonight and we see Ellis vs Calgary. Ellis in my mind was the better of the two in preseason.

The team must now dial it in, they are on a cliff, they have one foot on a ledge, the other foot over the ledge, they have their arms fully extended carrying a 100lb weight and now gale force winds just hit.
Wow with the metaphors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad