Injury Report: Injury Thread 2018-19 [Klefbom (Finger Surgery, Out 2 Months)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Mostly just idiots who are trying to troll

Yes, no rift between teammates has ever happened in the history of the NHL;)

You calling someone an idiot for having perhaps an inside explanation for a "mystery" injury is equally trolling. Especially if you have no inside info yourself

The fact Drai has a black eye to boot that did not happen in the game says something more

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

You calling someone an idiot for having perhaps an inside explanation for a "mystery" injury is equally trolling. Especially if you have no inside info yourself

The fact Drai has a black eye to boot that did not happen in the game says something more
:facepalm: He got it from the hit from Trouba.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

There are morons unfortunately in every Canadian city that try to sell themselves as "insiders with the team" when really they are losers who have a boring life and need to resort to spreading stories to feel better about themselves.

Happens sadly in every NHL Canadian market, unfortunately (ask Phil Kessel and Dion Phaneuf).

Draisaitl did get high sticked in that same game on top of elbowed in the head by Trouba to boot.

There's always the "guy who parties with the players" or "guy who has sister who's dating player XYZ's cousin-in-law" (reality: they at home on a Saturday night playing Xbox).

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Quite the difference between starting rumours with nothing to back it up, and calling them out on it.

He took an elbow to the face, so how do you know it didn't happen in the game, when drai said that's where it came from, so are you trolling since you have no inside info?

oilinger

Jul 11, 2016
So now you can say for certain that the black eye did NOT come from the game? If not, your words are sheer conjecture and the kind of malicious speculation that's been running rampant for far too long now.

It doesn't help your cause that every"insider" tells a different story. At least get your story straight and stick to it.

Otherwise, shut up.

oilinger

Jul 11, 2016

So now you can say for certain that the black eye did NOT come from the game? If not, your words are sheer conjecture and the kind of malicious speculation that's been running rampant for far too long now.

It doesn't help your cause that every"insider" tells a different story. At least get your story straight and stick to it.

Otherwise, shut up.

Echodek

Feb 6, 2011
Quite the difference between starting rumours with nothing to back it up, and calling them out on it.

He took an elbow to the face, so how do you know it didn't happen in the game, when drai said that's where it came from, so are you trolling since you have no inside info?

Wasn't trying to troll anybody. And it wasn't my rumour to start. Was just a rumour that I had heard this morning from someone at work. So I just came here to see if anyone had heard the same or if there was any substance to it. Simple as that.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Black eyes can develop after the fact too. I been hit in the face and the eye only swelled up/changed color several hours afterwards. The idea that his eye was one color at the end of the game and a different color the next morning isn't some f***ing mystery/conspiracy.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Black eyes can develop after the fact too. I been hit in the face and the eye only swelled up/changed color several hours afterwards. The idea that his eye was one color at the end of the game and a different color the next morning isn't some ****ing mystery/conspiracy.
Had the same happen to me

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Otherwise, shut up.

Hey I didn't start the rumor. So no, I'm not trolling. But I do have 2 eyes and can think for myself of the evidence, and lack there of

I watched that hit. The point of contact was on the body...then follow through to the side of the head. No concussion protocol needed

I rewatched the game. Then the phantom stick to the eye, through a visor mind you, that nobody can say or show when happened.

In both cases he finished the game no problems without any signs of discourse

Next day they say he can't play due to the black eye. Later they say change it to a concussion

So again, I may have not started any rumor, but the interpretation I get is more consistent with a punch than 2 separate incidents..one of which nobody can recall

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Hey I didn't start the rumor. So no, I'm not trolling. But I do have 2 eyes and can think for myself of the evidence, and lack there of

I watched that hit. The point of contact was on the body...then follow through to the side of the head. No concussion protocol needed

I rewatched the game. Then the phantom stick to the eye, through a visor mind you, that nobody can say or show when happened.

In both cases he finished the game no problems without any signs of discourse

Next day they say he can't play due to the black eye. Later they say change it to a concussion

So again, I may have not started any rumor, but the interpretation I get is more consistent with a punch than 2 separate incidents..one of which nobody can recall
Lmao this is why the world is a shit show. People like you just want to believe the unbelievable that all reason or logic is ignored. Nah it wasn't the big hit and high stick that gave him a concussion nah it was the fantasyland theory that a teammate punched him. Like any reasonable person would accept the reasonable answer to the question yet guys like you need proof yet need no proof to believe it was a bar fight.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Lmao this is why the world is a **** show. People like you just want to believe the unbelievable that all reason or logic is ignored. Nah it wasn't the big hit and high stick that gave him a concussion nah it was the fantasyland theory that a teammate punched him. Like any reasonable person would accept the reasonable answer to the question yet guys like you need proof yet need no proof to believe it was a bar fight.

No this is not true at all. It's this leftist thinking like this that calling anybody out who doesn't agree with you must be the problem. Infact, I specifically laid out my logic point by point You making a radical claim saying I used no logic whatsoever cuz you don't like the conversation is what is wrong. TBH, even before the rumor I thought the info was questionable.

I watched Hischier take an elbow to the head from Nash. If the next day they said he had a concussion and some rumor started that Hall punched him for no reason, I would probably chalk it up to the hit

You can interpret circumstances in a case by case scenario. And in this one, the facts are pretty shaky trying to link two seperate instances, one of which nobody seen, and telling everyone who thinks otherwise they are the idiots

Reactions: Forgot About Drai

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
No truth to the "he was punched" crap.

I have also heard this rumor multiple times. No idea if its truth. And looking at the Trouba hit, I dont really see where he would get a black eye. I can see concussion protocol due to the hit but not the black eye. Also, Dusty on team1260 said he went through every shift of Drai's in the Winnipeg game and didnt see a high-stick. Even he was skeptical of this black eye stuff. There is smoke. I dont know if theres fire, but there is smoke.

Either way, thank god he is back. We need him back bad.

Last edited:

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Wow, is there a reason you're being a dick?
Sorry if I was a little harsh, reading my reply again, it was rude.

But, to my point, isnt it hypocritical to make declaration that this rumor not true without a shred of evidence, when people who believe this rumor are being ripped for the same thing?

oilinger

Jul 11, 2016

The high stick happened during the Oilers's third period power play. Drai was in front of the net and Kulikov (No. 5 Wpg) got him. You can see Drai flinch and his head snap back.

The black eye could have come from that or, as earlier posters have said, been a delayed reaction to the Trouba hit. You don't need a direct poke in the eye to get a black eye. The whole area is extremely sensitive.

I can't make gifs but here is a freeze frame of the high stick (the closest I could come; it captures Drai's head snapping back but the actual high stick was too fast to capture.)

Wish people would move on already.

Attachments

• wpghighstick.JPG
    wpghighstick.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 33

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

But, to my point, isnt it hypocritical to make declaration that this rumor not true without a shred of evidence, when people who believe this rumor are being ripped for the same thing?
Where did I rip anyone for believing the rumour? I didn't even quote another poster. Read my post before you reply next time.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010

Not really. If I got into a fender bender but didn't notice any damage and than the next day I see some I wouldn't believe that some random guy punched it or something if some random liar on Twitter said it.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Not really. If I got into a fender bender but didn't notice any damage and than the next day I see some I wouldn't believe that some random guy punched it or something if some random liar on Twitter said it.

Fair point. But if there was some other circumstantial evidence as well as multiple people telling you that? Wouldnt make you believe them for sure, but it'd make you wonder no?

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Where did I rip anyone for believing the rumour? I didn't even quote another poster. Read my post before you reply next time.

Lol the classic read my post line. Im sorry my first comment really offended you, I honestly meant it when I apologized in my previous post.

I just meant, you cant make sweeping declarations regardless of what side you are on. You posted "No truth to the he was punched crap" like it was the definitive truth. Im just asking if you have any proof as to why that is? Or are you just stating that because you believe it?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Lol the classic read my post line. Im sorry my first comment really offended you, I honestly meant it when I apologized in my previous post.

I just meant, you cant make sweeping declarations regardless of what side you are on. You posted "No truth to the he was punched crap" like it was the definitive truth. Im just asking if you have any proof as to why that is? Or are you just stating that because you believe it?
There are multiple things wrong with the punched rumour that it's obvious it is nonsense. The original tweet was from a known liar on Twitter. The puncher has changed from one player to another to a random person at a bar and the 'reason' for the punch has changed several times too. Do a search on Twitter and read some of the garbage people have come up with. Jason Gregor has also called BS on it and he's around the team.

Yes, I have heard something but it's not my place to post it or PM it out and I also don't want my name attached. It is nothing egregious though. I only posted what I did in here so people can move on and not worry about there being a problem on the team with players giving one another black eyes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forgot About Drai

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
There are multiple things wrong with the punched rumour that it's obvious it is nonsense. The original tweet was from a known liar on Twitter. The puncher has changed from one player to another to a random person at a bar and the 'reason' for the punch has changed several times too. Do a search on Twitter and read some of the garbage people have come up with. Jason Gregor has also called BS on it and he's around the team.

Yes, I have heard something but it's not my place to post it or PM it out and I also don't want my name attached. It is nothing egregious though. I only posted what I did in here so people can move on and not worry about there being a problem on the team with players giving one another black eyes.

Cool. Fair enough man. Just wanted some context/information on either side of the debate.

Reactions: Del Preston

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
You have to think that if the rumour was in fact true, Nurse would have been disciplined by the team.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
You have to think that if the rumour was in fact true, Nurse would have been disciplined by the team.
And draw more attention too the issue? Also, could seem like mgmt picking sides and cause lockerroom divide. Shit like this happens alot in professional sports. ex)Jordan punching Kerr in the face

Not saying its true, but I dont think the team would want this playing out in the public if it did, especially when you take into account hockeys culture of not being too forthcoming to the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad