Post-Game Talk: Injury Depleted Jets 5 Kanuckleheads 1

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
This is an interesting thought. It is widely assumed around here that this is Heinola’s opportunity. But we don’t know if that is Bones is planning. Capo did play well and is probably very well liked by players and coaches with many wanting to see him in. Maybe we see a bit of a 3 player rotation of Capo, Samberg and Heinola?
They didn't ditch a rhd for a guy they are going to sit... capo will stay in for Schmidt imo

Reactions: Stumbledore

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
3 Swedes on the 4th line you say

1671373910689.png

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
This is an interesting thought. It is widely assumed around here that this is Heinola’s opportunity. But we don’t know if that is Bones is planning. Capo did play well and is probably very well liked by players and coaches with many wanting to see him in. Maybe we see a bit of a 3 player rotation of Capo, Samberg and Heinola?
I doubt they take berg out.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Hard to say what Bones thinks. I'd be fine with a rotation but we know what Capo is at this point in his career, I'd rather give an extended look to our kids.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I doubt they take berg out.
It would be a shame if they pulled Capo out after last night. The guy did everything he could to stick. I again liked his offensive blueline work, including a Morrissean spin o Rama.

The only reason I could see them pulling him out is he may have some endurance issues since he hasn't played much but I think you need to give him that chance.

Why not try:

Morrissey Demelo
Dillon Heinola
Capobianco Pionk

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It would be a shame if they pulled Capo out after last night. The guy did everything he could to stick. I again liked his offensive blueline work, including a Morrissean spin o Rama.

The only reason I could see them pulling him out is he may have some endurance issues since he hasn't played much but I think you need to give him that chance.

Why not try:

Morrissey Demelo
Dillon Heinola
Capobianco Pionk
I would say sucks for Heinola and keep the same roster but you argued yes you can mess with a winning roster and I’m too old school.
Also capo is an o d and they want 3 d d and o d.

Reactions: Jet

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
The coaches have rotated forwards fairly effectively so there’s no reason not to try. We likely need Heinola at some point this season. It also helps to build up the young player who is already getting antsy about not playing in the NHL much. To me Stanley really needs to earn a place when healthy. He hasn’t progressed at all in the last couple of seasons.

I thought Ehlers was out until Feb but see a couple of posts speculating 2 or 3 more weeks.

That would be a pleasant surprise if he’s ready to go. Apples must not be too far behind that?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
The coaches have rotated forwards fairly effectively so there’s no reason not to try. We likely need Heinola at some point this season. It also helps to build up the young player who is already getting antsy about not playing in the NHL much. To me Stanley really needs to earn a place when healthy. He hasn’t progressed at all in the last couple of seasons.

I thought Ehlers was out until Feb but see a couple of posts speculating 2 or 3 more weeks.

That would be a pleasant surprise if he’s ready to go. Apples must not be too far behind that?
I thought Stan was really good his one game. Played a basic game, big physical hard shot.
If Heinola needs a bunch of games in a row to look good and capo and berg already look good and we are competing for top of our division it’s a no brainer.

Reactions: TS Quint

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Even straight guys have to admit Axel is really, really gorgeous.

The fish, not so much.
Coelacanthian recognition comes only with endless work, results. In this case the beauty is partially derived from within, eg a part of the whole - and overt beauty is perhaps relegated to the dressing on this particular salad.:)

From an evolutionary perspective the coelacanth is a rare bird, a potpourri of assemblies - notochord for a spine - hinged skull - electrosensory organ to detect prey. Like a piscine model T with outmoded parts that just work. Quite pretty I would say. :laugh:

2e90e9b2e612738b92a94e8047e88afd8d3a0573.gif

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Capo is only 25 and still a RFA after his current contact. He is a month younger than Kovy and many around here thought he still had room to grow.
The thing that gets me is that Capo has not had a poor showing yet, and I thought he was really strong last night.

He's team controlled and is at the point where it would behoove the Jets to see what they have in him.

Heinola is still very young and is probably where he should be for a b prospect.

I think some people are letting prospect love affect their logic

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Apparently a good game, old Sip went lights out at 5:21 into the second period!

Nice to see the Jets prevail with the hybrid NHL/AHL roster

Is Apples really that much of a loss, don't think he's much better than Eyesmound, Hurtkins or the other AHL'rs we've employed!

Reactions: GNP

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I'm pumping the brakes on Capobianco for a bit. He looked ok, but everyone looked good against that Canucks team last night. Woof. Don't take too much away from that game except how poorly the Nucks played.

Capo is only 25 and still a RFA after his current contact. He is a month younger than Kovy and many around here thought he still had room to grow.

We wanted to see what we had in Kovacevic at the NHL level. Capobianco had many more NHL games than Kovy ever did before being plucked on waivers. Try the wine before it dies on the vine, you know?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

We wanted to see what we had in Kovacevic at the NHL level. Capobianco had many more NHL games than Kovy ever did before being plucked on waivers. Try the wine before it dies on the vine, you know?

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I thought Stan was really good his one game. Played a basic game, big physical hard shot.
If Heinola needs a bunch of games in a row to look good and capo and berg already look good and we are competing for top of our division it’s a no brainer.
It actually is a brainer. Stan has played over 100 NHL games--why not evaluate his entire body of work and trajectory over the past year? (Spoiler alert: it has plateaued)

Heinola and Capo have both earned longer looks, each for a different reason. Capo has earned it with his play, but Heinola's handful of games means as little as Stan's one game.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad