Post-Game Talk: Injury Depleted Jets 5 Kanuckleheads 1

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
No brainer! We looked dominant start to finish!

5 out of 5 Schwarzeneggers

1671344992060.gif
1671344992060.gif

1671344992060.gif
1671344992060.gif
1671344992060.gif

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS GOOD SIRS!

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
I just wanted to let you guys know that I stayed awake for the entire game! Thanks for all of your nudges, I couldn't have done it without your help and these little miracles...

giphy.gif

The prediction contest for the game against the Kraken has been posted with an updated leaderboard...

giphy.gif

Yes indeed, it has happened again! Congratulations to @LowLefty who is the latest HFJets poster to get the winning team, correct score, and player who scored the game opener for the trifecta and eight points! Way to go!

I know I keep mentioning this, but don't forget to sign up for a GDT! They are fun to make and there are plenty still available! The one for tonight's Seattle game is already posted and is ready for viewing. Check it out...

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Hey I got the '5' half right, do I get part marks?
Things look sad in Vancouver. They were down some players too, but yikes that was an ugly game for them. I'm sure that our roster with Paul Maurice would have flattered them, though.

Oh well, I'm not about to complain about two easy points. DO IT FOR DEEZ NUTS!

"Young man, in my day, we didn't have MP4s, we had CDs"
"CDs?!"
"CDs NUTS?!"

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
The jersey toss has lost its shine.

Agreed. In its first days, it was shocking. Now, it's little more than a chest-thumping way to say "hello ladies, guess who has $300 to burn?"

Having said that, it'd be kind of baller to go to a game wearing two jerseys at once, and in the case of a blow-out, peel one off and throw it on the ice while wearing the other :)

JustBeCool

boom shakalaka
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
That was a fun game to watch live! Man were the Canucks just bad. Jets were all over them in the first and were never threatened the whole game. The depth scoring is so great to see especially when you are down some members. Jets playing with confidence with really nice plays! It was so cool to see all the jets fans in the crowd. I tried to cheer my head off and hopefully you were able to hear it :laugh:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Great result for a Saturday night. Getting the late game means the SN talking heads have to acknowledge us. If we were the 6pm game we would have been drowned out by the eastern results.

I still think our top 6 will be a revolving door for a while. Has any other waiver pickup ever been plugged into the first line for their first game? Kuhlman seemed to fit in well with the Jets, but I can’t see him staying with Scheif for long.

Hopefully Seattle is less than stellar tomorrow.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
In this game I really liked the play of PLD, and have liked his game over the last 4 games. He's a physical beast up the middle, and also makes some very creative passes. He also plays well with Kyle Connor, who played a great game as well. Helle also played good, but wasn't really tested that much.

Of the new guys that impressed me :

Capobianco -- on defence played a fantastic game, and has a great slapper from the point. I can't understand why they don't play him more. Maybe they will.

Stenlund -- number # 20, looks quite fast, and has great size, and hustles out there.

Axel Flgaby -- This guys motor runs on high all the time, and is a great forechecker, and scored a beauty of a goal. I noticed over the last 4 games or so, he just missed over the crossbar on a couple. This guy has great speed, and if he develops confidence, I think he could be a 20 goal scorer if given the chance.

# 20 -- forgot his name, Kulman, Cornwall or something ? looks very fast out there, and hustles hard. His play impressed me tonight.

We've needed a guy to replace Tanev for awhile, and it looks like we've found a couple of players that can do just that.

Last edited:

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Today I was reminded how glad I am to not have Myers on this team. Laine and Myers are tied for the two players who made me scream at the screen the most during their tenure here. Nothing more frustrating than watching a guy that big be so soft on the puck and sp susceptible to the forecheck.
I screamed every time Laine scored too. Loved him on our team.

Congrats to the Waiver Wire gang!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'd say he's earned a longer look.
This is an interesting thought. It is widely assumed around here that this is Heinola’s opportunity. But we don’t know if that is Bones is planning. Capo did play well and is probably very well liked by players and coaches with many wanting to see him in. Maybe we see a bit of a 3 player rotation of Capo, Samberg and Heinola?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad