Post-Game Talk: Injury Depleted Jets 5 Kanuckleheads 1

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
4/5 Hammers tonight would of been 5/5 but the Canucks suck, good on Capobianco for filling in and playing well, Gagne for shutting up that trash talking idiot writing this, PLD with 3 apples, KFC for getting it going and Helle almost getting a bagel, generally the team top to bottom played well, full marks for the win

mc-hammer.gif
mc-hammer.gif
mc-hammer.gif
mc-hammer.gif

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Today I was reminded how glad I am to not have Myers on this team. Laine and Myers are tied for the two players who made me scream at the screen the most during their tenure here. Nothing more frustrating than watching a guy that big be so soft on the puck and sp susceptible to the forecheck.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Jets jumped on the Canucks early and never looked back.

Capobiancho looked good as did Kuhlman.

Now run to the airport and get to Seattle.

running-cj-parker.gif
What an awesomely ridicolous show that was. As a teenage male in the 90s, that show along with Jets 1.0, Beverly Hills 90210 and Law and Order gave me plenty of television entertainment to keep me busy between chasing girls at U4IA, studying for uni classes, and playing junior hockey

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
That was a near perfect road game. When you can roll 4 lines on the road in a back to back scenario bodes well for tomorrow night's game.

Random thoughts:

Capobianco looked good out there. For a guy who has sat out for a long stretch. Congrats on your first goal as a Jet!

Liked what I saw from the newest addition, I think Kuhlman's skating will put him in a position to compete for those bottom six minutes. Played a safe enough game to complement his two skilled linemates tonight.

Liked the Swedish meatball line, they applied a lot of pressure on a very mediocre Canucks defense.

Gagner on the 2nd line adds a little more danger in the offensive zone, from my observation that line also gave up the best chances, but bailed themselves out.

Canucks just look awful as a team, that's not an easy fix.

Whoever did the scorekeeping tonight probably indulged in too much cilantro, because I don't think some of the stats were reflective of parts of the game. I can definitely tell you that Gustafsson lost an offensive zone faceoff too, from watching, so he wasn't 100% in the dot.

Announcers/Rogers staff were annoying with their jinx stuff. But if you're a Canucks fan I guess that was the highlight. Maybe Luke Schenn's hits.

Cheers to all the Jets fans (especially the HF ones in our group) who showed up for the game, that was pretty cool to hear an audible Go Jets Go chant throughout it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad