Info for fans visiting Buffalo

FOXHOUND*

The locals might note that I did not include City Grill.

Too soon?

Just one more question, what's the cab situation like in Buffalo? We are staying at the econo lodge a couple miles away from everything. Whats the ease of getting a cab to and from and how much do they usually cost?

Inferno1

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Can you help me?

So tomorrow night, im going to the HSBC arena to watch the Leafs play the Sabres. I was wondering whats a good club in the area to chill and dance and drink?? Any cheap hotels nearby??

snieds44

Mar 31, 2009
whenever i go to game i use priceline to get my hotels. you have to bid on the prices but i usually bid $40 and after taxes the total is $60

msm29

Was htsportplaya
Jul 1, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Chippewa is good if you're looking to go clubbing or whatever.

Allentown/Elmwood is good if you're into a college/urban scene.

You can't really go wrong wherever you end up. And you can get plastered til 4.

NYR1011

Sep 14, 2010
Hello everyone. I'm a big Rangers fan and im making the trip to Buffalo for the home opener on October 9th. I was wondering if anyone knew where the Rangers stay while in Buffalo?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
looking for more of the college scene.. i heard chippewa street is good, anywhere else i should hit?

Chippewa will be your best bet. The Elmwood strip is also a possibility, but Chippewa would probably give you convenience to the game and hotels that Elmwood does not.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Just one more question, what's the cab situation like in Buffalo? We are staying at the econo lodge a couple miles away from everything. Whats the ease of getting a cab to and from and how much do they usually cost?

In Buffalo (as in most cities that aren't NYC), you can't just walk out to the street and hop in a cab (except at the airport). You have to call ahead to the taxi company.

Arular

Aug 28, 2008
Buffalo, NY
looking for more of the college scene.. i heard chippewa street is good, anywhere else i should hit?
Chippewa has more of a nightclub atmosphere, where Allentown would be more of the college scene. If you go on Google Maps or something, hang around Allen St. between Delaware Ave and at "the bend" of Allen that turns into Wadsworth.

There's Frizzy's, the old Pink, Mulligan's Brick Bar, Staples, Nietzsche's, The Bend...these are all great places to hang out and drink. Plus there's a sub shop called Jim's Steakout and a Greek diner called Towne right in the area that are both open until the wee hours of the morning for when you're hungy after a night out.

msm29

Was htsportplaya
Jul 1, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Chippewa has more of a nightclub atmosphere, where Allentown would be more of the college scene. If you go on Google Maps or something, hang around Allen St. between Delaware Ave and at "the bend" of Allen that turns into Wadsworth.

There's Frizzy's, the old Pink, Mulligan's Brick Bar, Staples, Nietzsche's, The Bend...these are all great places to hang out and drink. Plus there's a sub shop called Jim's Steakout and a Greek diner called Towne right in the area that are both open until the wee hours of the morning for when you're hungy after a night out.

This. I hate Chippewa, but that's probably because I'm not a college dropout who wishes my nickname was "The Situation." Okay, it's not that bad, but if you'd prefer to hang out, have a few beers, talk, play darts, etc., Allentown/Elmwood strip is where you want to be.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
This. I hate Chippewa, but that's probably because I'm not a college dropout who wishes my nickname was "The Situation." Okay, it's not that bad, but if you'd prefer to hang out, have a few beers, talk, play darts, etc., Allentown/Elmwood strip is where you want to be.

Just avoid Soho and you'll be fine. :laugh:

The block of Chippewa bordered by Delaware and Elmwood has a generally older crowd and is more subdued. My cousin is one of the owners of Venue and its patrons are nothing like that.

There are plenty of other bars down there that don't have that type of crowd.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
the old Pink, Staples(which is now known as DBGB's), Nietzsche's, ...these are all great places to hang out and drink. Plus there's a sub shop called Jim's Steakout and a Greek diner called Towne right in the area that are both open until the wee hours of the morning for when you're hungy after a night out.

You just described my typical night out.

HarryNealesGarden

Big Daddy Ted
Nov 15, 2009
BOS
guys are a lot of the bars and clubs on chippewa street 18 to enter 21 to drink?
I'd recommend calling ahead and asking at a few places, or just checking out to see if the info is available online.

Generally speaking, Saturday is the strictest night for 21+ entry. You can always get in Thursday and Friday, they tighten it up a bit for Sat.

HarryNealesGarden

Big Daddy Ted
Nov 15, 2009
BOS
Just avoid Soho and you'll be fine. :laugh:

The block of Chippewa bordered by Delaware and Elmwood has a generally older crowd and is more subdued. My cousin is one of the owners of Venue and its patrons are nothing like that.

There are plenty of other bars down there that don't have that type of crowd.
In the few times I've been back recently, I've found that I really enjoy The Bar, where Quote used to be.

Still a fun young crowd but not nearly as Jersey Shore as somewhere like Bayou.

msm29

Was htsportplaya
Jul 1, 2010
Buffalo, NY
In the few times I've been back recently, I've found that I really enjoy The Bar, where Quote used to be.

Still a fun young crowd but not nearly as Jersey Shore as somewhere like Bayou.

Agreed. The Bar is pretty chill, right on Chippewa between Delaware and Elmwood.

They have awesome fishbowls if you're man enough to suck up your pride and kill a big fruity drink.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad