Info for fans visiting Buffalo

Dead

Mar 7, 2010
AoW Land
Are any seats all inclusive?

I want to get my parents tickets to a game, and ensure they do not have to pay to eat if they are hungry :D

OhreallyOrielly

good 2b a tankster
Apr 8, 2007
Buffalo
Are any seats all inclusive?

I want to get my parents tickets to a game, and ensure they do not have to pay to eat if they are hungry :D

As Far as I know, none of the seats in the Arena have all inclusive food or Beverages. You could buy a 'Sabres bucks card' from the Sabres Website to pay for the food and drink.

Last edited:

aceface33

Feb 10, 2006
Herkimer, NY
I am confused now Ace ....

is it included or ??

you quoted me but also said 'Yes'

:laugh:

No you don't get it for free, you still have to buy the food...but there's special "200 level" food you can buy that you can't get in the rest of the arena. For example, they have Butterwood's desserts. Butterwood's deserts!

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
No you don't get it for free, you still have to buy the food...but there's special "200 level" food you can buy that you can't get in the rest of the arena. For example, they have Butterwood's desserts. Butterwood's deserts!

aahhh, so we are and were on the same page :handclap:

Dead

Mar 7, 2010
AoW Land
Guess I am spoiled by what other teams consider club seats (and are all-inclusive for food and non-alcoholic beverages). My team (the Devils) do that as most of the arena's I have been to. :cry:

Oh well I guess I will be looking for tickets on the glass for them.

Thanks for the quick replies :)

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
Boston-Area Sabres fan here, My wife has a conference in Toronto in February and we're thinking about sneaking down to Buffalo for a game or two during the week. Any Idea (on average) how long it takes to get from Toronto to Buffalo? Taking Traffic and border crossing into account. And if it's not too much ask if there is a recommended route?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Boston-Area Sabres fan here, My wife has a conference in Toronto in February and we're thinking about sneaking down to Buffalo for a game or two during the week. Any Idea (on average) how long it takes to get from Toronto to Buffalo? Taking Traffic and border crossing into account. And if it's not too much ask if there is a recommended route?

A lot of it will depend on the time of day you make the trip. Traffic volumes building out of the city can make a world of difference depending on your departure time. Are you going to be up near the airport, downtown, etc....?

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
We are taking in a Tuesday game in a couple weeks. Does anyone have suggestions for hotels that are close to the HSBC arena? Preferably 4 star or better?

Thank you very much in advance.

FoSotC

Aug 16, 2010
We are taking in a Tuesday game in a couple weeks. Does anyone have suggestions for hotels that are close to the HSBC arena?

I'd go with the Adam's Mark Hotel. Closest to the arena, I think? Not a bad hotel.

Preferably 4 star or better?

You're visiting Buffalo. 3 stars or bust. :p:

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I'd go with the Adam's Mark Hotel. Closest to the arena, I think? Not a bad hotel.

You're visiting Buffalo. 3 stars or bust. :p:

A bit of walking involved (though they may offer shuttles) with Adam's Mark.

I'd go with one on Main St since there is the free metro ride. Hyatt is an option.

PurpleSlacker

Jan 16, 2007
Fort Erie, Ontario

I'd allow 2 hours from down town Toronto. and there really is only one route, gardiner expressway to Qew and all the way around the lake will you get to the Peace Bridge.

On a game night, allow about 30 mins to cross the border. It should take another 10 or 20 to get to the arena (parking then walking BRISKLY in the cold). Oh and if it's a Leaf's game, double the border time :) There is NOTHING like when the leafs come to town. I would not miss it for anything!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'd allow 2 hours from down town Toronto. and there really is only one route, gardiner expressway to Qew and all the way around the lake will you get to the Peace Bridge.

On a game night, allow about 30 mins to cross the border. It should take another 10 or 20 to get to the arena (parking then walking BRISKLY in the cold). Oh and if it's a Leaf's game, double the border time :) There is NOTHING like when the leafs come to town. I would not miss it for anything!

Depending on a few outside influences -- don't cross at the Peace Bridge -- cross at Rainbow. Everyone else is crossing at the Peace Bridge on game nights -- go where they aren't.

Whammer

Sep 22, 2005
Grand Island
www.myspace.com
Depending on a few outside influences -- don't cross at the Peace Bridge -- cross at Rainbow. Everyone else is crossing at the Peace Bridge on game nights -- go where they aren't.

Lewiston-Queenston might even be better. That's the one I usually use when visiting the Great White North. There will be signs for a toll-free number to call way before you get to the bridges. Definitely call before you get to the bridges - 800-715-6722.

OpethianWolfe

Apr 5, 2006
Lewiston-Queenston might even be better. That's the one I usually use when visiting the Great White North. There will be signs for a toll-free number to call way before you get to the bridges. Definitely call before you get to the bridges - 800-715-6722.

If you guys have/get Nexus, you can cross at Whirlpool. The longest I've ever had to wait is about five minutes. Rainbow's definitely the way to go if you don't have it though. Lewiston-Queenston's always jammed.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If you guys have/get Nexus, you can cross at Whirlpool. The longest I've ever had to wait is about five minutes. Rainbow's definitely the way to go if you don't have it though. Lewiston-Queenston's always jammed.

I came close to getting a Nexus pass last year when I was still taking a weekly course in Toronto. I may still.

However, for the purposes of run-of-the-mill border crossings, it isn't going to help people who don't already have the pass.

As for Lewiston-Queenston... I have not had good luck there in the last two years. It's always a wait, both directions. Could just be me. Rainbow... never a problem.

PurpleSlacker

Jan 16, 2007
Fort Erie, Ontario

Wow. I didn't know that. Btw for Nexus users the Nexus lane is now open past 8pm on hockey nights. We're grateful for that but we seem to be the only ones using that lane. Hope they keep it open.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Questions about the HSBC Arena

Panthers fan here, I come in peace.

I'm heading down to Buffalo for the game on March 25th. I was wondering if you guys could answer some questions.

What are the best seats in the house? Where's the best section to sit?

The club seats, do they have any benefits or is it simply a "cozier" place to watch the game?

What's a good hotel that's near the arena to stay at?

Any other information you guys have would be greatly appreciated!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad