Trade: [IND/NYJ] Jets trade up to 3rd overall for 6th, 37th, 49th and 2019 2nd

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

Absolute thievery by the Colts in my view. I am puzzled as to why it took a 2019 2nd to get this done. That pick could be early 30's.

Jets aren't even guaranteed to get their top 2 QB's on their board even with this deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: fin8

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

Absolute thievery by the Colts in my view. I am puzzled as to why it took a 2019 2nd to get this done. That pick could be early 30's.

Jets aren't even guaranteed to get their top 2 QB's on their board even with this deal.

Giants aren't taking a QB. They are taking a player that can start on day 1.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Pretty great to get three second rounders more or less for free. Very good chance the guy they want at 3 is still there at 6.

Pretty much expected this type of package from the Jets. They had Seattle's #2 this year and are only 3 spots behind the Colts. So, gives the Colts a really good player at #6 plus 3 additional 2nds.

If this is a QB heavy draft, then you expect Darnold, Rosen, and either/both Mayfield & Allen gone before #6. Barkley still a high chance to go to the Browns. Chubb is the player that I expect to get gone to either Clev or Den.

Worst case, the Colts who don't need a QB could trade down again from #6 to #12 if buffalo comes calling if Allen/Mayfield are still on the board and get #12, #22, a 2nd and a 3rd from them (or even both of Buffalo's #2 picks). That would give them an extra #1, 4#2, 1#3 by trading down from #3 to #12. 6 extra picks to drop 9 spots.

If they keep #6, I'm sure Indy is hoping for Chubb or Barkley best case scenario, but that really should only occur if all 4 of those QBs go off the board. Still have the choice of a Fitzpatrick, the best S in the draft to pair with Hooker to give them a great duo in the middle of their secondary or could take Nelson, the can't miss Guard to protect Luck. Could even opt for Davenport, the DE from the small school.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Jeez, that's a ridiculous haul to move up 3 spots in a draft where there's no surefire franchise QB. Jets gonna Jet.
Which QB do they think is so much better than the others that they couldn't get at 6?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I don't think it's a bad deal for the Jets. They didn't have to give up multiple 1sts and they've had a decent haul in free agency to fill in holes on the roster.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Still a lot of value to give up

Works great for Colts as they need all the talent they can get to fill out roster in coming years as depth is very thin in organization

This should mark end of Petty and Hackenberg's days with Jets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad