Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Tinordi is terrible! I think the only reason Poile took a chance on him is because he was a NTDP product. He washed out with the Habs.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Tinordi is terrible! I think the only reason Poile took a chance on him is because he was a NTDP product. He washed out with the Habs.

Couple thoughts:

1) Seems most NHL fans think every AHL defenseman over the age of 25 is terrible... which is exactly why they're in the AHL.

2) Look at the Preds contracts tied up on defense, no d-man that would be "good" at the AHL level and trying to break into the NHL would sign with the Preds with the fact that 2 other guys already on the NHL roster need get hurt before even getting called up, and likely a third would need to get hurt before actually seeing playing time. (Or the Preds will just claim another Brad Hunt type guy to sit in the press box instead.)

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
How's Blackwell been looking? You guys see a bottom 6 nhl role in his future or nah?

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
How's Blackwell been looking? You guys see a bottom 6 nhl role in his future or nah?

I think its too soon to know much. He got hurt in OT of the first game, and returned this week. He scored a goal on a nasty snipe on the PP on Weds, but not enough viewing to draw much of a conclusion. He replaced Brickley on wearing the "A" at home.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Tonight Donovan was on the left with Carrier. Tinordi played on the left with Allard. The third pair was Pyrochta and Lyytnen.

Officially, the final score tonight was 2-1 Rockford. Most fans at the game know that is BS! The score was 1-1 and Rockford got a minor and well deserved penalty at 13:09 of the period. The Admirals passed the puck around for about 90 seconds before a player in the slot rocketed the puck low and about 1 foot inside the right post from my point of view. The goal judge turned the red lights on and Ref Carter Sandlak (#6, the good ref tonight) waived it off immediately for no reason that I or my wife could figure out. The play kept going. There was no review at the next whistle which was around the 15 minute mark. The scoreboard showed it once and you could see the puck go into the goal about half way around the curve and come right back out. A minute later the scoreboard showed a different play (three times) where the puck did not go into the goal. I have no idea why, short of preventing a riot.

The Ads were screwed the whole game by Ref Guillaume Labonte (#35). Rockford committed 7 penalties that he didn't call. Three of them were for high sticking. The lowest high stick hit an Admiral collar bone. The last terrible non call came after a heavy check in the neutral zone by an Admiral. The Rockford player got up, chased after the Admiral and tripped him from behind, so he could not join the rush. No call. Labonte was standing 30 feet away. About 30 seconds later, a Rockford player was carrying the puck near the Admirals blue line. Tyler Gaudet attempted to poke the puck away from behind because an Admiral Dman was in front of him and the blue line. The IceHog turned to his right away from the blue line and fell over Gaudet's stick. Labonte's hand immediately goes up. You should have heard the boos from the 6200 fans! There was a lot of yelling and pointing at the spot where the Admirals player had just been intentionally tripped.

The Admirals were called for 3 penalties in the game and I disagreed with 2 of them. Rockford committed about 10 penalties and were called for two. The lack of calls and the good goal being ignored made all the difference in the outcome. It probably should have been 2-1 Admirals. Sometimes that is the way minor league hockey goes, but it was awful to watch Milwaukee score the go ahead goal late and it gets ignored.

At the end of the game, the Ads pulled goalie Tom McCollum after a Rockford icing. They lost 4 consecutive face offs in the offensive zone in the last minute. It was like a slow motion train wreck.
Carrier made a save to prevent a ENG, but the Ads could not get shots on goal. They had problems getting out of their own end with 6 skaters. How hard is that? I did notice one time that the Ads had 5 players in the same circle and one guy across the ice by the blue line. They played like little kids at the end and the coach only changed players one time, despite all of the stoppages and Rockford's inability to change their players because of repeated icings. It was AWFUL!

Last edited:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Tonight Donovan was on the left with Carrier. Tinordi played on the left with Allard. The third pair was Pyrochta and Lyytnen.

Officially, the final score tonight was 2-1 Rockford. Most fans at the game know that is BS! The score was 1-1 and Rockford got a minor and well deserved penalty at 13:09 of the period. The Admirals passed the puck around for about 90 seconds before a player in the slot rocketed the puck low and about 1 foot inside the right post from my point of view. The goal judge turned the red lights on and Ref Carter Sandlak (#6, the good ref tonight) waived it off immediately for no reason that I or my wife could figure out. The play kept going. There was no review at the next whistle which was around the 15 minute mark. The scoreboard showed it once and you could see the puck go into the goal about half way around the curve and come right back out. A minute later the scoreboard showed a different play (three times) where the puck did not go into the goal. I have no idea why, short of preventing a riot.

The Ads were screwed the whole game by Ref Guillaume Labonte (#35). Rockford committed 7 penalties that he didn't call. Three of them were for high sticking. The lowest high stick hit an Admiral collar bone. The last terrible non call came after a heavy check in the neutral zone by an Admiral. The Rockford player got up, chased after the Admiral and tripped him from behind, so he could not join the rush. No call. Labonte was standing 30 feet away. About 30 seconds later, a Rockford player was carrying the puck near the Admirals blue line. Tyler Gaudet attempted to poke the puck away from behind because an Admiral Dman was in front of him and the blue line. The IceHog turned to his right away from the blue line and fell over Gaudet's stick. Labonte's hand immediately goes up. You should have heard the boos from the 6200 fans! There was a lot of yelling and pointing at the spot where the Admirals player had just been intentionally tripped.

The Admirals were called for 3 penalties in the game and I disagreed with 2 of them. Rockford committed about 10 penalties and were called for two. The lack of calls and the good goal being ignored made all the difference in the outcome. It probably should have been 2-1 Admirals. Sometimes that is the way minor league hockey goes, but it was awful to watch Milwaukee score the go ahead goal late and it gets ignored.

At the end of the game, the Ads pulled goalie Tom McCollum after a Rockford icing. They lost 4 consecutive face offs in the offensive zone in the last minute. It was like a slow motion train wreck.
Carrier made a save to prevent a ENG, but the Ads could not get shots on goal. They had problems getting out of their own end with 6 skaters. How hard is that? I did notice one time that the Ads had 5 players in the same circle and one guy across the ice by the blue line. They played like little kids at the end and the coach only changed players one time, despite all of the stoppages and Rockford's inability to change their players because of repeated icings. It was AWFUL!
how does that happen?

i wonder if there is a video of the goal on twitter or elsewhere. probably not..

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
It wasn't a goal. It hit hard off the post but it 100% wasn't a goal.

I saw it go in. My wife saw it go in. We were taking about immediately after because the play didn't stop and we didn't understand why, but I did see Sandlak, #6, waive it off. He was out of position, which my wife pointed out. He may have not been able to see the puck hit low near the collar from where he was at. We sit about 25 or 30 feet from that net. The puck hit the bottom of the net, just above the white collar, a foot inside of the right post from our point of view, and probably the closest portion of the net to our seats. The scoreboard showed the wrong replay three times. That is probably what you saw. BTW, there was no ping like there would have been if it hit the post hard or hit the iron under the collar. The Ads pinged the post 3 times in the game, including Blackwell's goal, which actually skimmed off the bottom of the crossbar.

Rockford also hit the iron once in the game at the north end. I could hear it 200 plus feet away because our seats are just above the top of the glass in the first row at the top of the wall, so we get a lot of sound, unlike the Bradley Center, where it was like watching TV with the sound off. We can frequently hear the players yelling "over" or "hard" to the Dmen in the zone in front of us. At the BC, behind the glass in the second row, that might happen 3 or 4 times a year, not 3 or 4 times a period.

The goal judge also saw the puck go in, that is why he immediately turned the red lights on.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
how does that happen?

i wonder if there is a video of the goal on twitter or elsewhere. probably not..

I answered AF24. The ref was out of position according to my wife. He wasn't on the goal line, he was several feet above it. The puck hit the net fast and low, just above the white collar, a foot inside of the post. Ref Sandlak probably could not see that part of the net well from where he was. He had the post and the collar blocking parts of his view, my wife and I did not. Since our seats are at the top of the wall behind the net, we have the advantage of having our eyes about 10 feet or so above the ice or about twice as high as the ref had his. Only the fans who were around 10 feet or so from me had a definite immediate reaction to the goal. The guy behind me said something about the ref that I can't repeat here. Mostly, there was confusion about why play didn't stop. When it did stop about 1 minute later, I expected a goal review, but that never happened.

There is a lipstick camera high behind the goal. It is near the top of the glass. That should have had a perfect view of what happened.

Maybe, if we had both linesmen, it might have been different. One of them got his hand squished against the boards on the west wall during an Admiral check against an IceHog player near the Rockford bench. He went to the Admirals bench to see the trainer. I saw a brief shot of him bent over 90 degrees on the runway behind the north end of that bench. That was about 5 or 6 minutes into period 3. The two refs individually spoke to the two coaches and play resumed. He never came back. I did see one replay of what happened. He may have broken his wrist or his hand. Both players were ramming into the side wall where his out stretched left hand was at. You could see the wall flex a little from the check. That was 400 pounds of moving player landing on his hand and/or wrist.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
What time in the game did this play happen? I'm looking at AHL TV and I'm seeing Pettersson shoot one off the post from the right circle with 6 minutes left so maybe I'm looking at the wrong play.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
What time in the game did this play happen? I'm looking at AHL TV and I'm seeing Pettersson shoot one off the post from the right circle with 6 minutes left so maybe I'm looking at the wrong play.

There were about 30 seconds left on the PP. That would make it around 14:40 of the period 3, plus or minus 15 seconds or so. The shot came from the edge of the slot, near the hash marks on the circle that is in the SE corner of the Panther Arena. If you are looking from center ice, it would be near the circle on the left. From my seat behind the goal, it is the right circle. Try 5 and half to 5 minutes remaining in regulation.

I have an advantage in being able to look at what I wanted versus what the director wants.

You have an advantage of looking at AHL TV and seeing it again. You should see the red lights come on.

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
The red light came on on this shot. I slowed the video down to 0.25x. I'm sure others can provide their opinion. I still don't see a goal here.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
K, I think it's time for a 303 style intervention for Milwaukee.

First off, Tolvanen. he's not scoring goals. That sucks. BUT he's 6th ON THE TEAM IN POINTS AS A ROOKIE AFTER A SLOW START!!! He's scoring a half a point in the season. He was a 30th pick who was planning on going to Boston College. If he was accepted, we'd be moaning about trying to get him at the end of the college season. Patience. A rookie is not going to lead the team to the cup.

Now for the rest of the team, um...the UFAs in the preseason are really showing up.

Tied in pts with 1st in the West. Good start.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The red light came on on this shot. I slowed the video down to 0.25x. I'm sure others can provide their opinion. I still don't see a goal here.

Thanks for your post.

The ref is on the wrong side of the goal and I can't see the red lights. I saw a flash of white light, perhaps from a photographer? Usually, he or they are over in the left corner. I can't see down that far behind the goal without leaning over the rail, and the ushers don't like that. The shot looks too high on the post, rather than inside it and the rebound that I saw went out towards the slot, not skittering off to the left. That definitely isn't from the goal cam or from my memory of what I saw.

My wife finally made it home from Discovery World at 6 PM. She says that isn't the right shot. The audio sounds like it is from a basketball game. Does the AHL not give you more than video?

Isn't there another video segment that fits my description? I can't see the time clock on this like on the You Tube video highlights that has Ryan Miller's voice along with some inarticulate woman that doesn't seem to know much about hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad