Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Frankie Valli? Like, a concert featuring Frankie Valli? Or is that the name of some venue??

Frankie Valli is *checks wikipedia*... 84 years old...

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Frankie Valli? Like, a concert featuring Frankie Valli? Or is that the name of some venue??

Frankie Valli is *checks wikipedia*... 84 years old...

He was at the Riverside Theater in Milwaukee. It opened in 1928 and seats about 2500 people. The floor was sold out. I could not see the balcony, but a lot of people came down the stairs after the concert. I hope that I have half of his energy at age 84. He went 90 minutes and only stopped to change his jacket and gulp some water once. Maybe he had 5 or 10 seconds between songs. He had 4 back up singers and 9 musicians.

Next week is Itzhak Perlman on Thursday and Trevor Noah on Friday. I have seen Izzy before and am not interested in Noah. The Riverside gets acts from the Cake Boss to Mannheim Steamroller, John Cleese, Jason Mraz or John Legend.

Reactions: PredsV82

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Why hasn't Colin Blackwell been playing? Scratch or injury?

Aaron Simms said it was "an upper body injury" tonight on the radio from Grand Rapids, a 2-1 loss.

Now Richard is out. I didn't hear the details. They play Rockford (Broadhurst) again next Friday.

"A bounty? You can't put a bounty on a man's head!"

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Matt Donovan on waivers. I don't know why but okay.

e: looks like he's signing an NHL contract.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Matt Donovan on waivers. I don't know why but okay.

e: looks like he's signing an NHL contract.

With Nashville?

He has 6 G and 6 A in 13 games and leads the team in scoring because Grimaldi has 11 points in 8 games before he was called up to the Preds.

He is 6'0", 205 pounds and shoots left as a D-man. He has 67 NHL games with the Islanders with 2 G and 17 A. Those games were 2011-15.

Any news on Weber, Irwin or Bitetto? I assume that Hamhuis is staying.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
With Nashville?

He has 6 G and 6 A in 13 games and leads the team in scoring because Grimaldi has 11 points in 8 games before he was called up to the Preds.

He is 6'0", 205 pounds and shoots left as a D-man. He has 67 NHL games with the Islanders with 2 G and 17 A. Those games were 2011-15.

Any news on Weber, Irwin or Bitetto? I assume that Hamhuis is staying.

Don't take my word for it but I believe that is the case. Probably impressed by his start and don't want someone else to sign him first.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Don't take my word for it but I believe that is the case. Probably impressed by his start and don't want someone else to sign him first.

I didn't. I can't find anything on the NHL.com or TheAHL,com or the Ads website to show a transaction with Donovan. I suppose if he went from an AHL only to a two way NHL contract, he would still be on Milwaukee's roster unless he is being called up immediately.

Do you have a link?

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
I didn't. I can't find anything on the NHL.com or TheAHL,com or the Ads website to show a transaction with Donovan. I suppose if he went from an AHL only to a two way NHL contract, he would still be on Milwaukee's roster unless he is being called up immediately.

Do you have a link?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Team Captain Jerrod Tinordi (D) has a 2 way contract at $650K/$325K.

I count 45 contracts including Watson but not Moy. That is 23 with Nashville plus 22, not all of whom are playing in Milwaukee, like Svoboda (G), who was just here as a back up while Grosenick was in Nashville or Westerholm (G), who I have not seen in person.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I am not on Twitter, so I can't see the conversations regarding this tweet.

Can you or anybody else read what is being said?

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I am not on Twitter, so I can't see the conversations regarding this tweet.

Can you or anybody else read what is being said?

They are assuming he signed a contract with Nashville and is subject to waivers because he's never passed through after playing in Europe.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

The way that's worded means Nashville has in fact signed him, and in order to assign him to Milwaukee as a Preds signee, he must go through NHL waivers. Almost certainly wont get claimed since anyone so doing would have to put him on the NHL roster for 30 days.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The way that's worded means Nashville has in fact signed him, and in order to assign him to Milwaukee as a Preds signee, he must go through NHL waivers. Almost certainly wont get claimed since anyone so doing would have to put him on the NHL roster for 30 days.

Okay, thanks to you and Flgatorguy87!

Reactions: PredsV82

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I'm beginning to think part of Carrier's problem is being paired with Tinordi who is slow and can't pass and for being such a huge guy is afraid to actually use that strength.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
That would explain why Carrier doesn't look as good as last year.

Did you think Carrier looked good last year? He looked amazing in his rookie year, but I thought he regressed last year. Both this year and last, he seems to shoot the puck a lot less... that being said, I'll prove myself wrong below (mind you, I've only seen 4 games in person so far).

Looking at shot stats though, he has 23 shots in 14 games played. He's on pace for 124 shots, while he had 99 and 92 previously... different people doing stats or the new system allowing him to shoot more?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Did you think Carrier looked good last year? He looked amazing in his rookie year, but I thought he regressed last year. Both this year and last, he seems to shoot the puck a lot less... that being said, I'll prove myself wrong below (mind you, I've only seen 4 games in person so far).

Looking at shot stats though, he has 23 shots in 14 games played. He's on pace for 124 shots, while he had 99 and 92 previously... different people doing stats or the new system allowing him to shoot more?

Chris, the whole team, except the goalies, are shooting more versus the Dean Evason days.

You are correct that Carrier was a man on fire as a rookie. He still looked good in comparison to other defenders last season. You may have noticed that several of those D-men are gone from that club. The defense, as a whole, was bad last season.

If you saw the Frankie Valli post and know my dislike of the kids games, you might figure out that I also have been at 4 Admirals games this season.

AF24 blames Carrier's partner, Tinordi, for dragging him down. That suggests that he believes that Carrier was better last year versus this year. Gee, I hope that isn't a downward trend for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad