Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Lots of whistles tonight?

Too many icings by the Ads.

The 2 linesmen didn't want to drop the puck on face offs. The last 5 minutes of regulation, the few fans that were present, booed a lot!

I have never seen so many on ice official conferences in my life. It was like a bad NFL game. The guy behind me was yelling "get off the ice, you bunch of amateurs" with about 2 minutes to go at the officials. He rarely yells anything.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I didn't see the whole game but there was not one faceoff that I saw where the puck was dropped when you would expect it to be. Probably 95% of the faceoffs I saw had a player get kicked out.

You exaggerate, it was only 90%. Felix Girard barked at the linesman (#53) with about 2 minutes to go after he was tossed out for no reason that I or my wife could see, and that is the second closest face off dot to our seats. We have been going to Ads games since 1981. This was awful!It was like Jay Jacobs had come out of retirement to perplex and haunt the Admirals.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
You exaggerate, it was only 90%. Felix Girard barked at the linesman (#53) with about 2 minutes to go after he was tossed out for no reason that I or my wife could see, and that is the second closest face off dot to our seats. We have been going to Ads games since 1981. This was awful!It was like Jay Jacobs had come out of retirement to perplex and haunt the Admirals.

Id have to check names, but there was a #53 linesman last Tues and Fri... wonder what changed if it was the same guy.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Looks like Tyler Moy is getting his contract terminated. On unconditional waivers today

Damn, that sucks. I met him a couple years ago when the Preds had their rookie camp community day. Really nice and personable kid. It's crazy to think in 16-17 he co-led Harvard in points with Alex Kerfoot who is finding success in the NHL. He also outscored Ryan Donato who the B's are big on. I can't blame the kid. If he can't stick with the Ads at least use that Harvard education.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
If the NHL decided to expand to 34, the new Western team should be in Milwaukee (under current ownership of the AHL Admirals and taking the Admirals name), which would allow the Preds to purchase the AHL Admirals, their longtime top farm club, and move them to Memphis (much closer to Nashville).

I'm all for having AHL affiliates close to the parent club, and with my proposal to add Milwaukee to the NHL, this can happen for the Preds.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Why hasn't Colin Blackwell been playing? Scratch or injury?

Centered Tolvanen and Baptiste in the 1st line for Ads in their season opener and got injured.

Shame too since I was really looking forward to seeing what he can do after being one of the last cuts from training camp this season.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Prospect Watch: October 2018
Skaters:
NameGPGAPIMTeamLeague
Jachym Kondelik6084Univ. of ConnecticutNCAA
Spencer Stastney6002Univ. of Notre DameNCAA
Grant Mismash52017Univ. of North DakotaNCAA
Rem Pitlick3126Univ. of MinnesotaNCAA
Thomas Novak3010Univ. of MinnesotaNCAA
Adam Smith3014Bowling Green State Univ.NCAA
Dante Fabbro5134Boston Univ.NCAA
David Farrance5052Boston Univ.NCAA
Patrick Harper5032Boston Univ.NCAA
Vladislav Yeryomenko15096Calgary HitmenWHL
Pavel Koltygin166518Drummondville VoltigeursQMJHL
Jacob Paquette161110Kingston FrontenacsOHL
Hardy Häman-Aktell4004IF BjörklövenAllsvenskan
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Goalies:

NameGPGAASv%TeamLeague
Niclas Westerholm53.02.907SaiPaLiiga
Karel Vejmelka82.06.925HC Kometa BrnoCzech Extraliga
Konstantin Volkov63.01.911Sokol KrasnoyarskVHL
Milan Kloucek44.02.859HC Dynamo PardubiceCzech Extraliga
Tomas Vomacka11.00.958Univ. of ConnecticutNCAA
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: GoldOnGold

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
If the NHL decided to expand to 34, the new Western team should be in Milwaukee (under current ownership of the AHL Admirals and taking the Admirals name), which would allow the Preds to purchase the AHL Admirals, their longtime top farm club, and move them to Memphis (much closer to Nashville).

I'm all for having AHL affiliates close to the parent club, and with my proposal to add Milwaukee to the NHL, this can happen for the Preds.
Is there anyone willing to pay $650 million to own a team in Milwaukee? It’s hard to imagine that’s the case.

Reactions: adsfan and cjerina

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Prospect Watch: October 2018
Skaters:
NameGPGAPIMTeamLeague
Jachym Kondelik6084Univ. of ConnecticutNCAA
Spencer Stastney6002Univ. of Notre DameNCAA
Grant Mismash52017Univ. of North DakotaNCAA
Rem Pitlick3126Univ. of MinnesotaNCAA
Thomas Novak3010Univ. of MinnesotaNCAA
Adam Smith3014Bowling Green State Univ.NCAA
Dante Fabbro5134Boston Univ.NCAA
David Farrance5052Boston Univ.NCAA
Patrick Harper5032Boston Univ.NCAA
Vladislav Yeryomenko15096Calgary HitmenWHL
Pavel Koltygin166518Drummondville VoltigeursQMJHL
Jacob Paquette161110Kingston FrontenacsOHL
Hardy Häman-Aktell4004IF BjörklövenAllsvenskan
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Goalies:

NameGPGAASv%TeamLeague
Niclas Westerholm53.02.907SaiPaLiiga
Karel Vejmelka82.06.925HC Kometa BrnoCzech Extraliga
Konstantin Volkov63.01.911Sokol KrasnoyarskVHL
Milan Kloucek44.02.859HC Dynamo PardubiceCzech Extraliga
Tomas Vomacka11.00.958Univ. of ConnecticutNCAA
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Any thought to expanding this to add ages or what class the NCAA kids are in? We are lazy here. Hell, it could be expanded in to how we acquired their rights and stuff!

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Any thought to expanding this to add ages or what class the NCAA kids are in? We are lazy here. Hell, it could be expanded in to how we acquired their rights and stuff!

I have a smaller ask, can you please notate which 'skaters' are defense men and forwards?

Reactions: Jonesey

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Blackwell is taking the OT draw for Milwaukee. Tolvanen and Donovan (D) are the other Admirals in the 3-on-3 OT.

Richard with Gaudet and Carrier (D) are out with 3:33 remaining in OT. Richard took a heavy hit from Broadhurst and the fans are booing loudly. He was down for a while before sitting up. Trainer Doug Agnew is helping him back to the locker room. No penalty called.

Blackwell is out again with Tolvanen and Allard (D). Ads get a delayed hooking penalty and the fans are booing loudly again. Rockford scores.

The Ads have not lost in regulation in Milwaukee so far this season.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I think Fred Allard has passed Carrier in overall ability. Last year, I thought that Carrier was the best Dman on the team.

What do you think Allard's upside will be at the nhl level?

And blackwells?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
What do you think Allard's upside will be at the nhl level?

And blackwells?

It is early for me to judge either one. Both of them will probably make it to the NHL. Coach Karl Taylor seems to have a lot of faith in Blackwell.
I think Allard is a #6 or #5 D-man at the moment, maybe even a #4 with another season of progress in Milwaukee.

Blackwell has played 2 games for Milwaukee this season, due to his unknown (to me) injury. I was at Frankie Valli last night, a few blocks away from the Panther Arena. I gave my tickets to a friend at work, so I didn't see him, I just listened to most of period 3 and OT on the radio. The Ads play at home on Wednesday and Friday, so I will get some chance to evaluate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad