Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
13 goals and 11 assists in 52 games good for 3rd in the team. Pretty decent numbers for him considering that he played for the worst team in the league and that it was his 1st season.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
You can add Tanner Jeannot to the Europeans, I forgot about him.

Poile's doing the NHL 18 GM strategy of signing a ton of Europeans to have a stacked AHL team it seems like.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
You can add Tanner Jeannot to the Europeans, I forgot about him.

Poile's doing the NHL 18 GM strategy of signing a ton of Europeans to have a stacked AHL team it seems like.

I'm guessing we can sign these guys but technically the contracts dont kick in until July 1? I cant imagine we have that many open spots for contracts.

Sounds like Poile is going to clear out a lot of dead wood from the prospect pool..

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Nothing to do with the Preds but Charlotte and Lehigh Valley are going to a 5th overtime with Charlotte outshooting Lehigh Valley 89-47. 88 saves in a game is ridiculous.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Lehigh Valley wins. Their goalie finishes with 94 saves on 95 shots just 4 shy of tying the AHL record of 98 saves. On a former Nashville related note, Ejdsell has 6 points in 6 playoff games.

Reactions: Lateralous

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Lehigh Valley wins. Their goalie finishes with 94 saves on 95 shots just 4 shy of tying the AHL record of 98 saves. On a former Nashville related note, Ejdsell has 6 points in 6 playoff games.
that's insane.

and ejdsell was in hartman deal? trade looks worse by every game since the playoffs have started.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
that's insane.

and ejdsell was in hartman deal? trade looks worse by every game since the playoffs have started.

AHL success by anyone does not always correlate to NHL success. And where exactly would Edjsell slot in with Nashville? Hartman is an ideal 'tweener for the Preds as one who can play on a top line if needed or succeed on a 4th line and fill both roles well (not sure I'd say 'competently' though, hopefully he can tone that down)... I don't see Edjsell to have the ability to fit a 4th line role as from the ~4 games I've seen so far, has no physicality despite his size.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I think everyone is emotional post loss. If HF was logical, they would have a 24 hour ban on posting on a team's forum post series loss.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
In today's Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel : Monday TV and Radio Schedule

7 PM (NBCSN) - Western Conference finals: Golden Knight at Predators - Jets winner

For those of you who aren't following this series, this would be Game 2. The Milwaukee newspaper doesn't know that the Preds season is over!

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Our 2013 5th round pick Saku Maenalanen is supposedly coming to the NHL next season. However, we no longer hold his rights so he is an UFA and he can sign with any team that offers him a contract.

He was 17+29=46 during the 59 game regular season and 5+5 during the playoffs in 18 games where he won his 3rd Liiga championship with Kärpät. Currently he's playing for Team Finland in the World Championships.

@JustaFinnishGuy with you being a Kärpät fan, do you think he has any NHL potential at all?

FYI...Finnish newspaper Iltalehti reports that forward Saku Mäenalanen has signed with the Hurricanes for next season. He is currently playing the Worlds.

Siirtopommi kesken MM-kisojen: Leijonien hyökkääjä siirtyy NHL:ään Ahon ja Teräväisen seuraan!

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Our 2013 5th round pick Saku Maenalanen is supposedly coming to the NHL next season. However, we no longer hold his rights so he is an UFA and he can sign with any team that offers him a contract.

He was 17+29=46 during the 59 game regular season and 5+5 during the playoffs in 18 games where he won his 3rd Liiga championship with Kärpät. Currently he's playing for Team Finland in the World Championships.

@JustaFinnishGuy with you being a Kärpät fan, do you think he has any NHL potential at all?
Never saw this on my mentions which is weird but no, I don't think he has true NHL potential at the moment but he's heavily linked to CAR where they have Joni Pitkanen as a player observer (Former Karpat defenseman, and probably not his official job title but whatever). He also works from Oulu so he's seen Maenalanen play the whole season. One other link to CAR is that they have Teravainen with whom he had really good chemistry in the 2014 WJC where Maenalanen was the top goal scorer, probably due to Teravainen.

He usually just rushes with the puck mindlessly and sometimes creates something with it. Mostly it looks like he's about to lose possession every time he tries to rush in but he has some offensive instincts where he drops the puck off to the 2nd wave and puts himself in a good passing lane.
Lanky and clunky skating which affects his game too much for him to become effective in the NHL.
Remains to be seen how much he is allowed to play next season.
Great defensively though, rarely loses his man.

Reactions: Scoresberg

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Never saw this on my mentions which is weird but no, I don't think he has true NHL potential at the moment but he's heavily linked to CAR where they have Joni Pitkanen as a player observer (Former Karpat defenseman, and probably not his official job title but whatever). He also works from Oulu so he's seen Maenalanen play the whole season. One other link to CAR is that they have Teravainen with whom he had really good chemistry in the 2014 WJC where Maenalanen was the top goal scorer, probably due to Teravainen.

He usually just rushes with the puck mindlessly and sometimes creates something with it. Mostly it looks like he's about to lose possession every time he tries to rush in but he has some offensive instincts where he drops the puck off to the 2nd wave and puts himself in a good passing lane.
Lanky and clunky skating which affects his game too much for him to become effective in the NHL.
Remains to be seen how much he is allowed to play next season.
Great defensively though, rarely loses his man.

I will summarize. Viktor Stalberg

Two seasons ago, that was Anthony Richard in Milwaukee. He showed improvement last season.

Reactions: cjerina

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Milwaukee is getting Scott Nichol, who has taken over the role as General Manager of the Milwaukee Admirals and Director of Player Development.

I started a thread under Nashville for discussion.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I'm guessing we can sign these guys but technically the contracts dont kick in until July 1? I cant imagine we have that many open spots for contracts.

Sounds like Poile is going to clear out a lot of dead wood from the prospect pool..

what's the top 5 prospect pool looking like? behind tolvanen and fabbro, looks real thin.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'm not even sure anything really exists of note past those two, it's pretty bad.
Mismash and Farrance seemed to have had decent freshman years. Harper (but small). The guys in the AHL like Carrier and Allard and Pettersson. But it's kind of at the level where if you get even 1 real NHL player out of the lot, it's going to be a fair outcome? More than 1 is bonus material. So piling on the Euro signings and stockpiling lottery tickets in goalie futures seems like a very sensible plan. It's not like this June's draft is going to bolster the stockpiles and change the outlook at all.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The good news is it isn't even really an issue right now given how the roster is constructed (young core, cap space). But at some point Poile is going to have to stop giving away draft picks as we will need to start pulling from the farm system in 5 years or so. Tolvanen looks to be an extremely lucky find that could help buy some time if he pans out on the smaller ice.

Detelethisaccount

Jul 5, 2013
I guess it all depends really, if some of the guys we have now (Trenin, Richards, Kirkland, Harper) can develop into decent bottom 6 players, then our prospect pool is doing exactly what it should be doing. Would love to have a few more high-end prospects for sure, but we knew that was the cost of some of the acquisitions we have made the last few years. Could see the Preds looking to draft a few guys this year who are maybe a bit on the older side, and may not have the highest ceiling, but could be serviceable depth guys on a good team. Also may see them take a flier on guy with talent, but with serious flaws that scares off other teams (size, injuries, attitude).

PelleLindbergh

Feb 13, 2018
Would be nice to see Allard take another positive step forward next season. Anyone here see him play live? What was your impression?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad